User Tag List

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Good morning!

Frugal Edmonton Mama has a great article this morning! I know many of you already subscribe to her news, but for those who don't...enjoy!

http://www.frugaledmontonmama.com/20...monton+Mama%29
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    I do donations for Brightwood Ranch. They offer summer camps for inner city kids. http://www.hopemission.com/services/brightwood-ranch/

Really looking for Nature's Path cereal, $3 Glad Blue Bags and $3 Purex coupons.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Everything stated in her article is just plain common sense. It is unfortunate that some couponers are turning into greedy hoarders and making things difficult for those of us that are trying to save a little money in these tough times.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    127 (100%)

This Had To Be Said.

It's Crazy Here In Clearview.. Trying To Get Something Good Is Like Pulling Teeth.

Last Night Was The First Time I've Seen Advil Nighttime Sitting On The Shelf. Only Because It Was Back Up To Regular Price.

I Have Yet To See The Nexxus.

I Only Seen The Quantaumatic Thingy Once, Just Because I Asked The Man To Go In Back And Check For Me.

When The Sweet Baby Rays Was On Sale, That Was Scarce. I Found Some In A Cart On Day.

It's Crazy. Walmart Is Carrying These Items Because I've Been Asking People. They All Say The Same Thing, There Was Some There This Smorning.

Tear Pads Is Another Thing, Me, My Sister And The Kids Went Out On Tuesday To Look For Some Tear Pad Coupons Cause I Havn't Been Out Sense I've Found The Mother Load. Anyways Result Was, We Went To Shoppers, Sobeys, Walmart, Safeway, Superstore & Save On.
    Shoppers = Bic Razor One & Breathe Right Strips.. ( Already Had)
    Sobey's = Kraft Salad Dressing & Muskol
    Walmart = None
    Safeway = None
    Superstore = Windex Hand Thingy.
    Save On = None.

Is It Possible That 3 Of These Stores Doesn't Carry Coupons.. Yeh Right..
    Some People Are Just Ruining It For The Rest Of Us.
    We Did Find Some FPC's In A Recycle Run..
    So That Made Our Day Better Than Anything.

But What Frugal Mama Said.

Please Dont Clear Any Shelves.

Oh Yeah, I Did Get The Listerine At WM Last Night, And While I Was Looking For THe Kind I Wanted, I Seen LOADS Of Bottles With The Peelies Missing... You Know THey Are Missing Cause The Sticky Stuff Still Remains.
    Last edited by xnewfiex; Sun, Jun 26th, 2011 at 12:46 PM.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

what were the peelies for? Coupon? I tried to use the 3.00 off coupon yesterday for the buty 2 4.00 each, the cashier said 1 per person or whatever it said, couldn't buy the 2 for 8 bucks and use 1 coupon each to make it 1.00 each. grrrrrrrrrr

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's not just couponers that hoard (really don't mean that as an insult; lack of a better word), or buy up all of the good stuff, I think that's something everyone forgets.
    I watched a woman clear out sample size deodorants (dove) and shampoos at Walmart yesterday. I saw her again at checkout (she was in front of me, and omg, it was terrible. Cashier screwed up and had to redo it all...another 20 minutes). She didn't use a single coupon.
    I watched a woman in London Drugs take about 5 of the Lysol soap things - no coupons. A man cleared out all of the Finish starter kit things from Superstore one day.
    Heck, before I couponed, if I saw an item on sale/clearance, I'd buy as many as possible - sometimes I'd clear shelves, b/c it was a good deal. (I haven't had to do that since couponing - I restrict myself just to make checkout easier!).

Everyone thinks it's just becuase of couponers -- and it really isn't. It's people noticing a good deal, and people scooping up what they can get.

Hmmmmm I'm thinking
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

This is true... Superstore has Degree Mens and Toothpaste on for $1... someone came through my til with $200 worth of JUST these items... Not a single coupon used... 100 tubes of toothpaste and 100 large sized Degree for men... What do they need that many for? Who cares! Prolly a donation of some kind but still people saw her going through my til and they were giving her funny looks and making comments to the people behind them... What ticked me off the most of the comments was "watch I bet she has a coupon for every item... we're going to be here all day"... AGAIN not a single coupon was used.

(a HUGE bin sits in teh Joe clothing area full of these items and it was so full that items were all over the floor everytim I walked buy didnt know SS could even order so many of one thing LOL) Other comments were rude like "anything left for us?" "I bet she cleared out the whole area"... now... having been set in a grump by these people already with the coupon comment as SOON as they said this last one... I piped up (as the woman was paying) "Why dont you go look and see if youre so worried... the giant bin containing over 1000 of them is just 30 feet behind us... (pointing behind me) Its okay We'll wait for you!" As polite as I could.

Needless to say they left my lane. The woman who was waiting for me to give her the receipt just started laughing !! I smiled and looked at her and said... its a good thing they left... I was about to have Technical Difficulties LOL I went on my break lol

I find it more rude for people to assume its ONLY couponers who like a good deal... and to blame us if someone takes advantage of a great sale... If I had the money I would have bought enough of each to include in my donation to Slave Lake... I have a funny feeling though that Slave Lake just received 100 tubes of toothepaste and 100 DEO.

Quote Originally Posted by krissiten View Post
    It's not just couponers that hoard (really don't mean that as an insult; lack of a better word), or buy up all of the good stuff, I think that's something everyone forgets.
    I watched a woman clear out sample size deodorants (dove) and shampoos at Walmart yesterday. I saw her again at checkout (she was in front of me, and omg, it was terrible. Cashier screwed up and had to redo it all...another 20 minutes). She didn't use a single coupon.
    I watched a woman in London Drugs take about 5 of the Lysol soap things - no coupons. A man cleared out all of the Finish starter kit things from Superstore one day.
    Heck, before I couponed, if I saw an item on sale/clearance, I'd buy as many as possible - sometimes I'd clear shelves, b/c it was a good deal. (I haven't had to do that since couponing - I restrict myself just to make checkout easier!).

Everyone thinks it's just becuase of couponers -- and it really isn't. It's people noticing a good deal, and people scooping up what they can get.

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

Not to mention the Iams cat food that walmart refuses to restock. I actually really need that catfood and it wasnt about the 20 cent overage that people went nutz over... I even contacted Iams and asked them if they discontinued the trial pack and of course they haven't. Guess Walmart just got tired too of people constantly clearing the shelfs. Another fine example why clearing shelfs is not a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by xnewfiex View Post
    This Had To Be Said.

It's Crazy Here In Clearview.. Trying To Get Something Good Is Like Pulling Teeth.

Last Night Was The First Time I've Seen Advil Nighttime Sitting On The Shelf. Only Because It Was Back Up To Regular Price.

I Have Yet To See The Nexxus.

I Only Seen The Quantaumatic Thingy Once, Just Because I Asked The Man To Go In Back And Check For Me.

When The Sweet Baby Rays Was On Sale, That Was Scarce. I Found Some In A Cart On Day.

It's Crazy. Walmart Is Carrying These Items Because I've Been Asking People. They All Say The Same Thing, There Was Some There This Smorning.

Please Dont Clear Any Shelves.

Oh Yeah, I Did Get The Listerine At WM Last Night, And While I Was Looking For THe Kind I Wanted, I Seen LOADS Of Bottles With The Peelies Missing... You Know THey Are Missing Cause The Sticky Stuff Still Remains.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I have seen people buy things on sale like the toothpaste for resale in their small mom and pop store. That is how good clearances are sometimes. Cheaper than buying from the distributor.

Thread Information