User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    That Charm Lady
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm putting this message in our local area.

I've contacted all the Dollarama in the Belleville area (twice last week and this week) and they all say that they do not accept coupons nor have they heard of a policy that is coming for one. Finally I felt the need to send HO an e-mail.

"To whom it concerns,

I am writing to ask about rumours of Dollarama developing a coupon policy. I have friends across Canada who tell me that some of their local stores are now accepting them. I live in Belleville, Ontario and have contacted all stores in my area. They tell me they do not accept coupons and have not heard that other stores in the country are accepting them.

Would you please clarify if this is something that is forth coming or in a testing phase.

Thank you for your time,"

I will update if I get a response.
    This thread is currently associated with: Dollarama
    Last edited by sofreespirit; Tue, Jun 28th, 2011 at 02:33 PM.
    -------------------------------------------------
    I'm liking this Swagbucks thing!!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great idea!

I've contacted each of the stores a couple of times..just to put a bug in their ear that the policy is coming. At two of the stores, the women I have spoken with have seemed excited that coupons may be accepted!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

thanks for the update. I cant wait for them to start taking coupies

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

TY for sending this in. I'm excited to hear/read their responce. What about Napanee? Kingston? Anyone have any luck there?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Oooo this is good to know. I was going to go into Dollarama tonight but ran out of time. I really hope they get on board soon!

CouponCrazy!
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

hey, i herd rumours about one of the belleville stores accepting coupons. anyone know if this is true?
    CouponCrazy!

CouponCrazy!
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

sidney and bridge takes manufacturer coupons!
    CouponCrazy!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I spoke to my mom tonight and she is confused...
    She has worked for Dollarama for about 11 years, and is so confused with the new computer face being introduced to deal with coupons and other issues (woohoo, manager-free voids!). Her manager was trying to explain couponing to several of the ladies... saying they would only accept RETAIL coupons NOT manufacturer coupons... She obviously has no idea what she is talking about, so I tried to explain couponing to mom. It will take time for all to hop on board the coupon acceptance train, please be patient... it's all so new to them, it could take time to run smooth. Especially with managers instructing on something they barely understand.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi everyone I went to the dollarama on north front st and yes they take coupons but will not take any that are the same price as the product. therefore they refused every single coupon I was trying to use. They said that the policy was from HO so basically in belleville you can only use coupons under a 1.00 like bounty, puffs. I was not very happy, before they even told me about not taking any of same value they tried to reject some of them for other reasons, first they said not same as picture, then manager said only 1 coupon can be used period because 1 per purchase so they take that as 1 per visit, then came back after I explained what purchase and transaction was and said nothing of same value. I think I need to contact HO. I never got to use any coupons at all!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

some cahsiers and managers dont get it. They pretend they know the rules but dont. It drives me when they dont know what they are talking about. If they dont know just say i dont know dont make something up. Thats a real good way to earn my business.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

when I first gave them my coupons they had the manager come over and when he started saaying I don't know, then saying it is not the picture etc. I said if you are not sure about your policies and don't understand coupons yet I could use them next time I came in when they were more comfortable taking them and he just cont. to make up stuff. That was what upset me and then to refuse them all because they were the same price as the products I was not a happy camper I was nice and polite and trying to be helpful with the coupons and when he did that I said so you don't take coupons and that I would have to call HO and asked for his name which is Rob Irwin and they wrote my name down on a piece of paper(not sure what for) but now I have to find the number to HO so I can call them.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (97%)

here is a phone number that I have found. (514) 737-1006. I have found it a few times So I would think it is the right one. Let me know how you make out with it. As well this is the address that i have been able to find
    5805 Royalmount Avenue
    Montreal, QC H4P 0A1
    Canada

I hope this helps you out....
    Last edited by partymom; Sat, Jul 9th, 2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: updating info
    Sandra
    AKA- ThePartyMom

My job is always a party!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

thanks will post what happens

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

good luck

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Oh wow. It sounds like you had a hard time. So sorry. I have a feeling this is going to take quiet some time to get sorted out and for everyone and every store to be on the same page. There is nothing more frustrating that CSM's and Cashier's making up their own coupon rules as they go along.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information