User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I refilled my Lysol No touch Soap dispenser

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I don't know if this is really a brag but I was super duper excited to find a way to save money and reduce my waste with my lysol no touch soap dispenser. I know a lot of people picked these up because of the rebate.

Each soap refill is like $5 and I refuse to pay that so I googled how to refill the dispenser instead of buying a new one and found some cool ideas on how to refill the little containers.

I ended up just popping the lid off with a butter knife and it worked like a charm!!! I even made a video!! I would totally recommend anyone doing this because its going to save you money and reduce a lot of waste!

If you want to check it out stop by my blog and see it there (the link is below) soooo excited!!! lol it doesn't take much
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have been doing this with mine for quite some time - my family calls me cheap, thats okay I am the one saving. I can tell you that we have been refilling ours for more than a year with absolutely no problems.
    Good for you for making a video to share with everyone - it did not occur to me to share the knowledge.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's great news, I was hoping we would be able to refill it. I too refuse to pay that much for a refill.
    PammieD likes this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

I watched your video,
    are you referring to the video I made awhile back

if so , your welcome
    torontogal12 likes this.

lighthousejen
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Do you fill it with just any hand soap, or are there some that work better?lol

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great idea! I've read that some ppl have drilled holes into the top of their refill to reuse it, but this seems like a much better way, thanks!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I have been doing this as well. hubby made fun of me saying I'm going to cut my fingers off, it took a few tries the first time for mine to come off but now it comes off very easy

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I haven't had to refill yet, but I'm excited for when I do. Imagine all the wonderful smelling seasonal soaps you can put in there! Or if you've got lots already, make one into a LOTION dispenser, or SANITIZER!

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I did this too the other day and used the free dove hand soap that I got from the dollarama!! I was worried about hurting myself with the butter knife and prying it off because last time I tried to pry the top off of a foundation bottle (pump kind, was not made to come off!) with a butter knife, (just had to use up that last little bit!) I ended up in the hospital getting stitches on my finger!! I had dh pry it off this time!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

yep, all the cool cats are doin' it daddy-o
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

I posted this over a year ago. Its great. Someone told me they put shampoo in one for the shower.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    I watched your video,
    are you referring to the video I made awhile back

if so , your welcome
    yuppers thats the one! I was not convinced it was that easy since most of the other videos involved drilling and other things...thanks so much for such a great idea and it looks like there are a lot of others doing this...little did I know lol
    Last edited by Lilleesha; Wed, Jun 29th, 2011 at 05:36 PM.

new couponer :)
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Thanks for this!!
    My aunt just bought 7 of the refills because they were on sale and she was sad you couldn't refill them, she will be quite upset when I tell her!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scrapyddm View Post
    I did this too the other day and used the free dove hand soap that I got from the dollarama!! I was worried about hurting myself with the butter knife and prying it off because last time I tried to pry the top off of a foundation bottle (pump kind, was not made to come off!) with a butter knife, (just had to use up that last little bit!) I ended up in the hospital getting stitches on my finger!! I had dh pry it off this time!
    May I ask, how did you get the dove soap free at dollerama? Do you live near a dollerama that accepts coupons?????

Awesome brag!!
    In 2010/11 I used over $7700 in coupons!
    My 2012 goal is $6000 in coupons!

:::Alee142010:::

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

i bought that same bottle of spa soap for $2.00 the 1.9L at dollarama the other day you may want to check out yours and see if they sell them too..i was at the waterloo one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information