User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What's this 28% thing and where do I get in on it?? I did a search and I couldn't find it.
    thanks.

Okay, I found the info, but what do I do exactly?? I tried the link and all it does is redirects me to ebay.ca

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

from what i understand, when you go through the link posted on SC to get to ebay, any purchases made then allow you to receive 28% cashback on the commision made by ebay on that purchase.

I'm not sure how much the comission is....does anyone know or have received cashback for ebay purchases yet?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd like to know more, as that link appears to do nothing or indicate anything different. And where do you get any cash back?? Does it get credited to your account??

BTW, getting 28% back on the commission doesn't even make any sense. Namely, cuz buyers to get charged any fees, only the seller does. Besides, the 'commission' or fees ebay collects isn't even a fixed '28%'. There's insertion fees and then final value fees, that don't even add up to 28%.

Far as I can tell, that ebay link posted is bunk. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by edsock; Wed, Nov 14th, 2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Adding more

Prue
    The link will take you to the regular ebay site. But when you go through SC they can track that you came from here. Then in a few days Boo will be credited for the cashback link use and you will get the money.

Also, if you would like more information on the cashback system, there is a FAQ located here. That may answer some of your questions about how the system works in general (won't cover specific stores like ebay).

Prue
    Quote Originally Posted by edsock View Post
    I'd like to know more, as that link appears to do nothing or indicate anything different. And where do you get any cash back?? Does it get credited to your account??
    This information can be found in the FAQ section.

BTW, getting 28% back on the commission doesn't even make any sense. Namely, cuz buyers to get charged any fees, only the seller does. Besides, the 'commission' or fees ebay collects isn't even a fixed '28%'. There's insertion fees and then final value fees, that don't even add up to 28%.
    The 28% is not ebay's listing commission, it is 28% of their commission - big difference. Also, it does not matter who pays the fee's the buyer or the seller, ebay makes their commission regardless.

Far as I can tell, that ebay link posted is bunk. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    You are wrong, the link is not bunk. The link takes you to the ebay site but when you go through SC and make a purchase they can track that you came from here. Of course it would still be ebay's page.

Hope that helps a little.
    Prue
    Last edited by Prue; Wed, Nov 14th, 2007 at 11:21 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I made a purchase on ebay using the link about a month ago (approx.) and it hasn't shown up as cash back yet. Is there something I need to do?

bcteagirl
    I would PM Boo with the total you spent if you made your original bid through SC.

Prue
    Quote Originally Posted by jbtc_00 View Post
    I made a purchase on ebay using the link about a month ago (approx.) and it hasn't shown up as cash back yet. Is there something I need to do?
    I would send a pm to Boo Radley.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I think theres a problem right now with the ebay cashback.
    I did mine over a month ago, as far as I know its being worked on.

The link isnt bunk, it takes you to ebay, if you notice when u click on it the link changes quickly and records your coming from SC.

Say you bought a sweater for 30 bucks, and ebay made 3.00 on it, youd get 28 percent of that 3 dollars.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I think theres a problem right now with the ebay cashback.
    I did mine over a month ago, as far as I know its being worked on.

The link isnt bunk, it takes you to ebay, if you notice when u click on it the link changes quickly and records your coming from SC.

Say you bought a sweater for 30 bucks, and ebay made 3.00 on it, youd get 28 percent of that 3 dollars.
    Thanks for clearing that up guys

Brrr it's cold up here
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

<TABLE class=clr1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=ttcH colSpan=2>Final Value Fees (Ebays commision)
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=thcH vAlign=top>Closing Price
    </TD><TD class=thcH vAlign=top>Final Value Fee
    </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Item not sold
    </TD><TD vAlign=top>No Fee
    </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>$0.01 - $25.00
    </TD><TD vAlign=top>5.25% of the closing value
    </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>$25.01 - $1,000.00
    </TD><TD vAlign=top>5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31), plus 3.25% of the remaining closing value balance ($25.01 to $1,000.00)
    </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Equal to or Over $1000.01
    </TD><TD vAlign=top>5.25% of the initial $25.00 ($1.31), plus 3.25% of the initial $25.01 - $1,000.00 ($31.69), plus 1.50% of the remaining closing value balance ($1000.01 - closing value)
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

more informations can be found at http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

So If you purchased something that was $69.99 ebays commsion would be $2.77 and your cash back would be $0.78

This would equal an average rebate of 1.1% about the same rebate as using a credit card with 1% reward on purchases.

Hope this clears things up

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So if we do not see the transaction in the cash back section, we contact Boo Radley? (I don't know who that is) : )

bcteagirl
    He is the person who runs this site. However, you will want to give it a couple weeks to go through, these things are not instant! Check the extra info posted under each 'store', for some you need to email him the bill, for others (ebay) you do not.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has the ebay problem been solved? I know I have bought a lot of stuff in the last month and there are still things from soon after the cashback program started that I haven't gotten yet.

I know it's taking a lot of hard work for Boo to get things running smoothly though so I don't want to nag the poor guy if he's still sorting things out.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you for the information on the e-bay rebates. I to was wondering how the cash back worked. I will post as soon as I receive any payment for shopping.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information