User Tag List

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I went to walmart today to exchange a swimsuit top/return because it was not sewn properly and looked really wierd. I bought it the previous week but tried it on in a different color and it looked fine so I was really dissapointed when I got home. Anyway, they refused to take it back for sanitary reasons which I totally understand, but it's not my fault there is something wrong with it. After customer service told me they couldn't take it back, she told me to go talk to the ladies in the clothing department (she was really nice). When I got down there she said no before letting me explain the problem, I stayed calm and explained how there was something wrong with the top and she said sorry, we can't take it back. After I started getting a little frustrated but staying very calm and polite, I said that it's not fair and I just want to exchange it for one that is sewn better, she just kept saying no but after multiple attempts at explaining and trying to reason she rolled her eyes and told me to just go grab another. I showed her how one is more puckered then the other, the other lady agreed and I was happy and on my way. I was shopping around the store and in the boys section when I heard them having some sort of staff meeting about me and not bieng very nice. I smiled and walked over, they saw me and started to scatter and I said if you have any questions they were more then welcome to ask me. I walked away, left my cart and went right out the door and was very upset. I have never left walmart without buying something but I was very embarressed. Who would I contact about this? should I even bother or just let it go?

I feel better now that I have vented
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

People are so inconsiderate. What you did was fine....there was something wrong with the piece of clothing you purchased. And righfully so you brought it back. Really, there was no need to discuss it behind your back.

I would complain too! Not sure where....but I am sure someone will get you a 1-800 number where to call.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I think you should try someone higher up, not at the store level, but like Bargain Seeker said someone at the end of a phone.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

why not someone at store level? I'm sure the store manager wants to hear if his staff is being unreasonable. The next step after that is to contact the district manager, this person manages a number of stores in an area. If you do contact walmart head office everything just gets filtered back to the store.
    walmart customer realations 1-800-328-0402
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i would do it in writting. Email someone in customer service at head office and ask them to pass it along to the manager of the store. what happened was more than poor customer service it was rude. while they may think they were right about the return, the discussion that followed was way out of line. Even if you had not heard it, it shows how they feel about customers. any customer hearing the converstion would be uncomfortable.

couponandoff
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Complain to the manager, and to head office. I'm sure they will contact you and apologize for the terrible service you received.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks everyone, I am gonna send an email it really ruined my day.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maybe you can write an email to the president of Walmart about your complaint.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

If you are there again, I know they have the phone numbers on the wall at Customer Service for the manager, higher ups etc...Good luck!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Did you get any response. One of the girls on the Top threads got a great response after contacting Head office by email.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I couldn't find the email address for the head office, does anyone have it?

Thread Information