User Tag List

Thread: Need your help!

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Hello to all of you,

I found a company that sells meat by "mail". With a buying group (type Groupon), there is a special kind of amazing deal like $ 200 of meat for only $ 25.
    But I do not know this company. Can anyone tell me if it has already done business with this company. And if this is the case, are you satisfied?
    Here's the link: http://www.gourmetsecrets.ca:8080/NEW_GSI/

The deal is from this group buying: http://dealicious.ca/?c=ba8d8f08-4eb...4-678f660fc61f

If you had any experience (good or bad) with this company, please let me know.

Thank you!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Hi Annie,

Listen... i don't have experience with them per say...
    BUT i DID see that deal and thought it was AMAZING: $25 for $200! Free range, bison, AAA Alberta beef... I thought meat will cost us so LITTLE!
    UNTIL i started browsing the site
    ok, it must really depend on how much you spend NOW
    but... what i saw:

. 1st off: the $200 is four $50 off, and you can only use one per order
    . LOOK AT THE SHIPPING COSTS!

- $20 (+GST/HST) for orders up to $150 (OR 4 ITEMS - BUT... the 'special' prices are when you buy 8 items..)
    - $29 (+GST/HST) for orders up to $400

For kicks, i entered an order (you don't need to log-in): i'd suggest you try it, and then you can determine if it's a good deal for you.

Keep in mind:
    . the shipping cost
    . the $6 it cost you for the $50 coupon ($25 for the deal divided by the four $50 coupons you receive)

and see the quantity you get, and what you need to spend.
    it seems like really good quality meat, but for me it seemed expensive, but that's me (and i buy meat at the grocery, so it's not as high quality as this one seems)

let us know what you decide, maybe i am mistaken

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by happycathy View Post
    Hi Annie,

Listen... i don't have experience with them per say...
    BUT i DID see that deal and thought it was AMAZING: $25 for $200! Free range, bison, AAA Alberta beef... I thought meat will cost us so LITTLE!
    UNTIL i started browsing the site
    ok, it must really depend on how much you spend NOW
    but... what i saw:

. 1st off: the $200 is four $50 off, and you can only use one per order
    . LOOK AT THE SHIPPING COSTS!

- $20 (+GST/HST) for orders up to $150 (OR 4 ITEMS - BUT... the 'special' prices are when you buy 8 items..)
    - $29 (+GST/HST) for orders up to $400

For kicks, i entered an order (you don't need to log-in): i'd suggest you try it, and then you can determine if it's a good deal for you.

Keep in mind:
    . the shipping cost
    . the $6 it cost you for the $50 coupon ($25 for the deal divided by the four $50 coupons you receive)

and see the quantity you get, and what you need to spend.
    it seems like really good quality meat, but for me it seemed expensive, but that's me (and i buy meat at the grocery, so it's not as high quality as this one seems)

let us know what you decide, maybe i am mistaken
    Thank you for giving me your point of view.
    You're right when you tell it will be more expensive that way. Instead of using the 200$ certificate all in same time, using 1 at the time will increase the real cost.
    So, I will think about it, but now it's less attractive due to all restrictions.

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

I saw that too.. I think that if you wait for the specials at grocery stores, even if the meat is not as good quality, the bottom line counts for a huge chuck in my choices when I shop.

Regardless of the great quality I rather wait for specials at grocery stores. I don't think it's worth it for my family.

Here is another idea. Go and see your local butcher. They have great specials sometimes. I buy my steak at the butcher at fruiterie 440 on Tashereau. For about 12-14 steaks (Faux Filet) of great quality I pay around 60$. So it comes to about 4-5$ a steak and they are AMAZING....Ask for Patrick and tell him ''la couturière'' sent you.

He has weekly specials which sometimes are better then the grocery store.
    Earn free points, get a chance to win a great contest.. Follow this link it's worth you time I swear

Or this link as well for Quebec residents..Free GC and more..

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by quebecqueen View Post
    I saw that too.. I think that if you wait for the specials at grocery stores, even if the meat is not as good quality, the bottom line counts for a huge chuck in my choices when I shop.

Regardless of the great quality I rather wait for specials at grocery stores. I don't think it's worth it for my family.

Here is another idea. Go and see your local butcher. They have great specials sometimes. I buy my steak at the butcher at fruiterie 440 on Tashereau. For about 12-14 steaks (Faux Filet) of great quality I pay around 60$. So it comes to about 4-5$ a steak and they are AMAZING....Ask for Patrick and tell him ''la couturière'' sent you.

He has weekly specials which sometimes are better then the grocery store.
    Thanks for let me know. But Taschereau is abit far away from home. But I'll think about it.

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieP View Post
    Thanks for let me know. But Taschereau is abit far away from home. But I'll think about it.
    There is a butcher right near you house. I use to live in your area and went there all the time. They have great home made Italian sausages. I'm certain you could make friends with your local butcher.. It's always nice to know a good butcher.

Boucherie Codiv Enr
    5587 Rue DE Verdun,
    Verdun QC, H4H 1L2 514-761-0976
    Earn free points, get a chance to win a great contest.. Follow this link it's worth you time I swear

Or this link as well for Quebec residents..Free GC and more..

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by quebecqueen View Post
    There is a butcher right near you house. I use to live in your area and went there all the time. They have great home made Italian sausages. I'm certain you could make friends with your local butcher.. It's always nice to know a good butcher.

Boucherie Codiv Enr
    5587 Rue DE Verdun,
    Verdun QC, H4H 1L2 514-761-0976
    Really agree!
    Thanks for the head up!
    I also go sometimes at Viandal on De L'Église corner Verdun.

Thread Information