User Tag List

Page 142 of 226 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 3376
Like Tree9214Likes

Thread: Last thing you baked?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I just pulled out my 1967 Purity Cookbook to deal with Christmas baking. I think Lynn posted these http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/v...ies-bites.html and I immediately bookmarked it and got a tissue to wipe the drool from my chin, but I realize I don't have any of the ingredients in the house and once I costed it out...well one thing I can say about the Purity cookbook is that everything in there is dirt cheap to make. So I am going retro for Xmas, which will be hermits (raisins, dates, walnuts, and I'll add candied peel, allspice, nutmeg) and molasses drops (molasses, cinnamon, ginger, cloves). The other one I am looking at is boiled raisin cookies they call Jumbo Raisin Cookies ("drop by the teaspoonful") lol (raisins, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice).

I might do the Crosby Molasses ginger spice molasses cookies though http://www.crosbys.com/wp-content/up...014-e-book.pdf because I think these are the right ones they don't have cloves in them.

Last baked: banana bread with mace with minced candied orange peel on top, because I'm in the holiday spirit.
    Thank you for sharing the molasses recipe book. There are a few recipes that are already tempting me.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I baked:
    -Another double batch of brownies
    -A double batch of "tiger butter" (PB, white and semisweet chocolate swirled around) at mom's request (she's already demanding we make more...)
    -Those Oreo truffles I've seen everywhere on pinterest. They work, but you NEED chocolate wafers. Don't use chips, they suck. Wafers are tempered and will firm nicely. Doubled that batch and it made about 60 generously sized ones.
    -Double chocolate biscotti with white chocolate dip. Dipping stuff is the easiest way ever to make things look like they're expensive. Again I used the wafers. Did I mention I adore these things????

These are wafers (also called melting wafers), if anyone doesn't know:

Also a tip for anyone who wants their squares/brownies/cheesecake/what-have-you to look magazine-perfect: Cut them while they're almost fully frozen. Not rock-hard frozen, but solid enough that they're rigid. You'll get clean lines and no drag marks, ragged edges or gloop falling out of things like Nanaimo bars.

I would even go so far as to say that if you're rolling out puff pastry for baking something like danishes, roll it out and freeze it when it's the general size you want, and then cut it.

It really makes a massive difference on your holiday plate. It goes from 'homemade' to 'Food Network homemade' just that easily. Presentation is everything!
    Last edited by Chantel; Tue, Dec 1st, 2015 at 04:43 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oatmeal cookies yum yum and candy bar fudge

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Mini cinnamon sugar donuts and cinnamon buns.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Mmmmmm, I have never tried to make Biscotti before and it is soooo easy ( ty You Tube ) and they turned out scrumptious! I divided the recipe into 2 parts as I wanted to make 1 batch orange/cranberry/almond and the other half anise/pistachio. They are just finishing off browning on the second side now, the rooms smell like licorice and almond and orange!
    I think I may give some of these as gifts at Xmas.

babies teach us acceptance

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

in the wee hours I baked sort of a " thumbprint " type cookie ( with a well ) and filled it with a mixture similar to pecan pie! Then with the small amount of mixture left I made " barely there " mini tarts.
    This afternoon ( for the first time ) I made my own mincemeat....it will be stored in the fridge marinating and getting all " Rum-my " until a couple days before Xmas then I'll make mini tarts with it!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@walkonby , I tried making biscotti once and they were a dismal failure. Please leave me the vid or recipe somewhere, please.

For anyone using the melting wafers mentioned above, I find the cheapest place to get them is at Michael's, using coupons there - or sometimes they have a decent sale. Or, since I do surveys which get paid in Amazon money, I will order from there at times.

Trading Score
    314 (100%)

..I have a carrot cake in the oven and going to top with cream cheese icing..added crushed pineapple to the cake mixture...mmmm..I'm having a big piece before the night is finished! I was going to make cupcakes and pipe icing in the middle and on top but took the easy route and just made a cake lol

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Tried a new recipe today. Challah Bread With Whole Spices

Attachment 300855

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

An even healthier version of my monster cookie squares with our 3yr old son.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, I had to post this pic...if you're ever "done" with gingerbread men...how about these?

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Really cute Reindeer cookies.

I made the last batch of shortbread cookies. (someone in my house has been sneaking cookies from the "good" cookie tins.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    Really cute Reindeer cookies.

I made the last batch of shortbread cookies. (someone in my house has been sneaking cookies from the "good" cookie tins.
    SillyLoocie, lol, those cookies look like the reindeer have "had it" after their trip around the world!

I wish I could make good shortbread cookies...your family is very lucky you can make them..
    Momof3girlies and Crochetlady like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I made cinnamon rolls for a brunch yesterday. I'm really having a hankering for a triple chocolate cheesecake though.
    Crochetlady and Lynn49 like this.
    Trade list:
    CZ Save $1 on any TWO deleverde pasta exp: oct 31, 2014
    Save $8 on Enfamil A+. gentleease, lactose free, nutramigen A+ exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $5 on a tub or refill box of Enfamil A+ Gentlease exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $4 on Enfamil D-Vi-Sol, Tri-Vi-Sol, Poly-Vi-Sol exp: feb 1, 2015

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I don't often get to add to this thread, but I made some 'lighter baking' for the holidays (and myself!).

Mini chocolate chip cookies (30 cal. each) ... mini snickerdoodles (50 cal. each) ... Norwegian pepper cookies with cinnamon (70 cal. each) ... and a batch of cinnamon muffins (100 cal. each). Over 150 pieces of baking!

Sent with love from my Galaxy Note 5 ... 💋
    ... I'm earning $5-25 Amazon.ca gift cards EVERY month, are you?

P.S. ... starting to hunt for ShoppingChannel GC's with no minimum purchase ...

Page 142 of 226 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 152 192 ... LastLast

Thread Information