User Tag List

Page 140 of 226 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 3376
Like Tree9214Likes

Thread: Last thing you baked?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Recipe isn't too hard, but involves two parts. I can't promise yet that it's good as I haven't finished making them yet (dough is chilling overnight) but here is what I used (I am attempting to copycat the girl guide cookies I tried this year, but I know other people have tried the kind without the peppermint patty) :

http://www.thegunnysack.com/peppermi...-country-door/ for the patty recipe. I added extra mint extract as it wasn't minty enough for my taste and used water and a little extra coconut oil instead of half-and-half so they're counter-stable.

http://laurassweetspot.com/2011/05/2...-nabisco-type/ for the wafers.

I am planning on doing two wafers with mint creme in the middle and then dunking them in melted chocolate and garnishing with crushed candy cane like the patty recipe shows.

You could also forgo the patty and instead just add mint flavoring to the wafer and/or whatever chocolate you dunk it in for what I guess is a different variety of thin mints people enjoy.

You could also just buy dollar store peppermint patties and put them between the wafers. Nobody would be the wiser when you finish dunking them.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just put a double batch of apple crisp in the oven.
    Two things I'm worried about - I ran out of cinnamon (who does that?), so there's not much in there along with the nutmeg.
    Secondly, I usually use Spartans or Macs, but husband had come home with something else for the same price - with no sticker. I thought at first they were Galas, but since looking at pics online, I think they are Jonagold - they were very pretty. I'm worried they will be mushy, but we'll see.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  55.1 KBI made a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies this morning. The recipe will follow tomorrow.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Snickerdoodles turned out good. http://www.averiecooks.com/2014/09/t...erdoodles.html Very pillowy.

Don't bother with the thin mints, ClipClap They turned out so horribly. Not sure how they taste yet but they were NOT worth the effort to try and get the chocolate on. I need to really not touch chocolate coating of anything ever again because I am not a Lindt chocolatier in a tall hat and I never will be. They are the only ones who can create chocolate magic.
    Last edited by Chantel; Sun, Nov 15th, 2015 at 03:21 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ i just had those thin mint GG cookies for the first time - OMG, they are SO good! I can't imagine replicating them!

Well, verdict on the altered apple crisp I made yesterday - definitely not the right kind of apple, does not have the sharp tartness that we love. Also, without enough cinnamon, it's just not the same!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

4 Lemon Loaves.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Tried one of my botched thin mints this morning. Not like girl guides, needs a much more substantial cookie and I was going for thin as the recipe said. But they did taste good, despite not being a replication. Even my sister liked them and her favorite candy is peppermint patties, she didnt even blink at the texture of the patty so I guess I got it right.

The chocolate made the cookie softer which is unfortunate, but they have a good taste nonetheless. I did NOT like burning my fingertips repeatedly with melted chocolate last night while trying to coat them, though. Dunking didnt work so I had to use a spatula.

They're kind of like a chocolate bar imo. So what I would do if I were to do it again would be to do it all in a 9x13 and bake the cookies in a sheet instead, not individually. Just layer everything and cut it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Made a pan of apple crisp this morning to use up the apples before they turned bad. Not bad for a $1 walmart bag.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

hubby made 7 layers cookies. I don't bake but i'll have one or two here and there

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

chocolate chip cookies. Michael Smith's recipe. they turned out crunchy. The recipe called for a TBLS of corn syrup. My boys prefer my old standard recipe.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/chewy-g...asses-cookies/

Ginger cookies today. I doubled the recipe, made way too many but they're good! Used an extra tsp of ginger. A double batch of this is way too big for a Kitchenaid tilt head mixer. I had to split between two bowls.

The freezer is getting so, so full and there is so much more I need to bake.

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^ i just had those thin mint GG cookies for the first time - OMG, they are SO good! I can't imagine replicating them!
    Good, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Don't bother with the thin mints, ClipClap They turned out so horribly. Not sure how they taste yet but they were NOT worth the effort to try and get the chocolate on.
    Okay, thanks for the heads-up. As suggested, I'd forgo the white patty and maybe instead do a mint flavored wafer and just drizzle melted mint chocolate over the top; instead of dunking it.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Yum! Thanks, Chantel for this recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/chewy-g...asses-cookies/

Ginger cookies today. I doubled the recipe, made way too many but they're good! Used an extra tsp of ginger. A double batch of this is way too big for a Kitchenaid tilt head mixer. I had to split between two bowls.

The freezer is getting so, so full and there is so much more I need to bake.
    Crochetlady and SnowFlakey like this.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

As promised, here is the recipe for the chocolate chip cookies. Over the years i`ve tried lots of choco chip cookie recipes but this one is by far the best.

ORIGINAL CHIPITS COOKIES

Cream together 1 cup shortening or softened butter (i used butter), 1 cup packed Brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Beat in 2 eggs and 1 1/2 tsp vanilla.

Combine 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt. Gradually blend into creamed mixture.

Stir in 2 cups Chipits semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup chopped nuts (optional).

Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375F oven for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I baked 2 batches of shortbread cookies for the first time. I've never baked my own shortbread cookies before. My hands are still sore from creaming the butter and sugar! But worth ut! They are yummy.

Page 140 of 226 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 ... LastLast

Thread Information