User Tag List

Page 48 of 113 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast
Like Tree281Likes

Thread: Chronic Pain Management Support Group

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I have spent alot of time researching my symptoms online and my dr has had his ideas as to what the issues are but when I do the tests everything turns out normal. My point is don't assume the worst because it only stresses you out. My dr and interent research had my leg problems figured out as neauropathy so it went on the back burner then mri showed compressed disk pinching nerves on both sides, so after 2 years I will be seeing a surgeon to hopefully fix that. My dr is insisting my ruq pain is my liver although all the tests show normal the weird thing is my mom complained about her ruq pain for years and I have it now and my dd who is 33 came over a few days ago and she had her hand on the same area rubbing it I asked her if she had hurt herself and she said no I get this stupid pain and it hurts so bad I want to cry I have been getting it on and off for 2 years but lately its there alot more somedays she can't do anything because of pain. Hmmmmm, interesting how 3 generations can all have the same undiagnosed pain.***** Sorry games didn't mean to vent away but your post reminded me.

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tidytaurus View Post
    I have spent alot of time researching my symptoms online and my dr has had his ideas as to what the issues are but when I do the tests everything turns out normal. My point is don't assume the worst because it only stresses you out. My dr and interent research had my leg problems figured out as neauropathy so it went on the back burner then mri showed compressed disk pinching nerves on both sides, so after 2 years I will be seeing a surgeon to hopefully fix that. My dr is insisting my ruq pain is my liver although all the tests show normal the weird thing is my mom complained about her ruq pain for years and I have it now and my dd who is 33 came over a few days ago and she had her hand on the same area rubbing it I asked her if she had hurt herself and she said no I get this stupid pain and it hurts so bad I want to cry I have been getting it on and off for 2 years but lately its there alot more somedays she can't do anything because of pain. Hmmmmm, interesting how 3 generations can all have the same undiagnosed pain.***** Sorry games didn't mean to vent away but your post reminded me.
    No, dont apologize, I like hearing others talk about their issues because it's kinda like a comfort knowing others have issues like me and I'm not alone. It took the DR. almost 10years to find my gallbladder issues because they were doing ultrasound on my stomach when my gallbladder was positioned more towards my back, so they kept missing all the stones. Even, sometimes the DR are not sure what is wrong. So many illnesses and diseases have similar symptoms, it's hard to really know unless they find something from a scan or blood work.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gameprogirl View Post
    I'm a little worried and scared today to go to the doctors. I have something funny going on with my legs, when I squeeze from knee to foot on both legs they feel like silly putty and leave indents for hours. I tried looking it up on the net but the same things pop up about it being related to heart issues. My Dad just had quadruple bypass and he is 62. He had his first heart attack at 40, I'm 30. No grandparent of mine lived past 60 and all my Dad's family has a history of heart disease. Wish me luck everyone!
    Hope things went well at your appt.

Are you getting any swelling in your legs? Swelling can be caused by any number of things, so no reason to panic (not enough liquids, too much salt, hot weather, etc). That might be the cause of the leg issues.

Oh & just about any symptom is often linked to heart disease, so try not to worry (easier said than done).

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I don't like my doctor and I think he's a poor family doctor. My appointment did not go well like I assumed, he didn't find my gallbladder disease for 9yrs, he told my bro he was imagining his stomach pain and 2 yrs later after seeing someone else, they found bleeding ulcers, my mom who is a senior had her knee swelling for 8yrs and he just sent her for MRI now and she has torn all the ligaments in her knee.

He's not even sending me for proper tests. I told him I've been having some heart flutters and such and he didn't even check my blood pressure or listen to my heart at all. The only thing he said was that it was caused because I put on a few pounds. I say no way cuz I was 40lbs heavier than now before, I just had surgery 2 months ago. He prescribed me anti anxiety meds??????????????????????? I wasn't even going to him for that in the first place.............I need a new doctor but there are none here, and when I see my doc, he tells me only 1 problem per visit????????? I get timed and then I have to make another appt. That's bull!!!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Hope things went well at your appt.

Are you getting any swelling in your legs? Swelling can be caused by any number of things, so no reason to panic (not enough liquids, too much salt, hot weather, etc). That might be the cause of the leg issues.

Oh & just about any symptom is often linked to heart disease, so try not to worry (easier said than done).
    I have pitting edema in my legs from knee to toes on both legs and its bad, very tight and sore, my legs feel so itchy, I cant even sleep. I had trouble walking 2 blocks yesterday.......

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I have pitting edema in my legs from knee to toes on both legs and its bad, very tight and sore, my legs feel so itchy, I cant even sleep. I had trouble walking 2 blocks yesterday.......
    Yikes, I know that one a little too well (from when I was on dialysis). I don't know what's worse, the itch or the pain.

Try cutting way back on your salt. When she goes to the Caribbean, my friend is obsessively careful about her diet, but even the salt in the air will cause her ankles to swell like balloons.

Also, drink lots of water. I have to drink a minimum of 3 litres of water in the winter (4 in the summer, even more if it gets really hot) - but that's cause I have to keep the transplanted kidney flushed & chugging along (& I HATE water). & it has to be just plain old water. Juice, pop, tea, etc, doesn't cut it. It will help with the swelling.

One thing I did when I was on dialysis & couldn't drink much of anything (restricted to 1 litre of any sort of liquid a day, couldn't have watermelon at all) is to take showers in lukewarm water. Hot showers made it worse, & I wasn't about to take cold showers (especially in winter ). Also, lie on the couch with your legs resting up on the back of the couch.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Yikes, I know that one a little too well (from when I was on dialysis). I don't know what's worse, the itch or the pain.

Try cutting way back on your salt. When she goes to the Caribbean, my friend is obsessively careful about her diet, but even the salt in the air will cause her ankles to swell like balloons.

Also, drink lots of water. I have to drink a minimum of 3 litres of water in the winter (4 in the summer, even more if it gets really hot) - but that's cause I have to keep the transplanted kidney flushed & chugging along (& I HATE water). & it has to be just plain old water. Juice, pop, tea, etc, doesn't cut it. It will help with the swelling.

One thing I did when I was on dialysis & couldn't drink much of anything (restricted to 1 litre of any sort of liquid a day, couldn't have watermelon at all) is to take showers in lukewarm water. Hot showers made it worse, & I wasn't about to take cold showers (especially in winter ). Also, lie on the couch with your legs resting up on the back of the couch.
    That's some good advice, I'm going to try some of that, I like hot showers so I'll try that too. Salt is no problem for me, I'm not into salty stuff anyhow

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

That's some good advice, I'm going to try some of that, I like hot showers so I'll try that too. Salt is no problem for me, I'm not into salty stuff anyhow
    Actually, not too hot. For some reason hot showers made it worse for me.

As for the salt, try cutting out as much as you can. Even if you're not into salty stuff, you'd be surprised how much sodium many items contain. A bit of a pain, but try it for a week & see if there's a change.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Difficult days pain wise
    <HR style="COLOR: #e3e3e3; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e3e3e3" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- NuHit--><!-- / NuHit--><!-- message -->I want to do things, yet my body won't allow me, or tells me afterwards it wasn't a good idea.
    If I don't keep active, I will end up with greater problems.
    Thank you all for your encouragement,support and prayers.
    It is good to know that I am not alone in this, and I hope others here feel the same way.<!-- GAL -->

Totally agree..could not have said it better myself

Hope you are doing better Skippy!
    Last edited by Abby5; Tue, Jul 13th, 2010 at 08:15 PM.
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I didn't realize I made so many noises when I move but my 3 year old grandson groans when we do stairs he is copying me!!! OMG how embarrassing is that really how I sound???

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I didn't realize I made so many noises when I move but my 3 year old grandson groans when we do stairs he is copying me!!! OMG how embarrassing is that really how I sound???
    Join the club except I make the noises in public!
    I'm sure the neighbours are use to me, but strangers??
    Today I'm in Damn(am I allowed to say that?) agony!
    Maybe it is because I had a shower without taking painkillers first.
    I took one nearly half an hour ago and not much change. To top it off it is
    going to be a gazillion degrees today!
    May we each have the strength and the grace to endure whatever the day may bring
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Does anyone fall asleep early because of their pain, and then sleep through till morning?
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Does anyone fall asleep early because of their pain, and then sleep through till morning?
    I don't fall asleep without the aid of meds but I have been in such pain lately that I don't sleep solid I keep waking up everytime I move. I usually go to bed about midnight and dh gets up at 3:30 for work and then ds at 6 and I have grandson (2) and his mom staying here too so then they wake up and the house is too noisy to sleep.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I am certainly more inclined to got to bed early when I am in a lot of pain for two reasons. One, I will not really feel the pain if I am alseep. Two, pain can really wear you down so you are more tired.

Sometimes pain will wake me up, particularly when I am changing positions at night...so it really just depends.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I don't fall asleep without the aid of meds but I have been in such pain lately that I don't sleep solid I keep waking up everytime I move. I usually go to bed about midnight and dh gets up at 3:30 for work and then ds at 6 and I have grandson (2) and his mom staying here too so then they wake up and the house is too noisy to sleep.
    Talk about a full house!
    You may wish to get a different sleeping med.to help you out. We all need to sleep.
    I've learned sometimes your body can get use to a med., so it loses its affectiveness.

Page 48 of 113 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast

Thread Information