User Tag List

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Love my annual call to my cable, phone, internet company

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    35 (93%)

Can anyone tell me how much they pay for Shaw bundles. We received the 6 month start price now it just doubled when the six months were up. We just started with Shaw in May so would we be able to get any sort of discount even though we haven't been with them long? We used his Brother as a reference but they only received $ off they're next bill....
    Join SwagBucks earn Amazon giftcards and PayPal $$$ Thx hope you all join its easy and FREE. Just click on the link to join. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Salayah

Ilovecoupons!
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ammi1 View Post
    After much hesitation my husband finally called rogers, they gave us 80% discount on internet for 2 years. So our monthly bill went down from $150 to $99 (for interner, cable n home phone) and since we both have our cell phones with Rogers as well so we both will get a 15% discount for each cell. Not bad. thanks for this thread our total bill including cells shouldnt be more then 160$ now
    Great savings! What internet package do you have with Rogers? I just called them today and they're only willing to give me 20% off which is what I already had Plus they're not willing to give us any further discounts on home phone (currently have $10 off/mth), and the only discount I rec'd on TV was free boxes, which I already had!

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saveoneverything2011 View Post
    Not happy. Got my guy to call Shaw. Waited 2 full hours for call back and was told basically Shaw is the best and we got NO deals or offers made whatsoever. They guy agreed their prices are a bit higher but at least when we need to call them, we reach Canadians who speak understandable english, whereas with Telus, we would reach someone in the Philippines and "good luck with that". : (

WTH!?!? I woulda been all kinds of mean with him after that comment

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Anyone ever tryed this with Videotron? I pay 35$/month for just a phone line, caller ID and 100 LD mins. Its also free LD when I call others with Videotron.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lealgen View Post
    Great savings! What internet package do you have with Rogers? I just called them today and they're only willing to give me 20% off which is what I already had Plus they're not willing to give us any further discounts on home phone (currently have $10 off/mth), and the only discount I rec'd on TV was free boxes, which I already had!
    I am not sure what package we were getting before for internet but with all the discount they were offering we upgraded to extreme plus and had to pay just $3 more for it. Our previous contract was up and bell was offering a new deal in our area (which we mentioned to their representative obviously), probably thats why Rogers offered a good deal to keep us with them.

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

It'll be a year in February for me, I'm kind of excited now. I'm with Rogers and it seems like they're always over charging us and screwing up on our bill. They're so rude to us on the phone do I'll be glad to make them sweat a but :p

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My call to Rogers was in November. As a recap, they continued the $10 off home phone and 30% off internet for 12 months, but could only get 20% off on HD Digi Cable for 12 months. I do not have any free digi boxes, we bought one over 2 years ago. Now they were willing to give me a free box if I agreed to 2 years of cable with no discount and I don't know if I would have gotten the 10% bundle discount with that (which I lose with the 20%). Ok so now we bought a new tv for the basement and DH wants to see what I can do about getting HD for it. Will they be able to give me a deal, what are my options? I might consider upgrading my Hi Speed Express internet as well.

Our cell phone is with Bell - DH has an iPhone. We just took over a more basic phone from BIL who is moving (free phone with 3 yr contract). One year left on his contract, so he may continue to pay bill and we pay him. Is that our best option, also if the phone still works in a year is there a cheap way to attach to DHs iPhone account. Thanks
    Last edited by Newfiegirl; Mon, Jan 2nd, 2012 at 08:20 AM. Reason: more stuff

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

You are lucky.

I do get discounts and credits every time I call my internet provider but I get those credits after bad customer service... In a year i spoke to 81 different agents/supervisors and ended up with a total of 6 months free service and 15$ off for 4 months.

I keep saying I am about to need pressure meds for when I call them.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

If you threaten to leave Rogers for your mobile phone they will give you a discount. If it's been years you are with them tell them you should get a discount or something, they usually credit your voicemail ($7 a month) for good. Or just tell them your friend gets free voicemail and you want it to! Good luck dealing!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I get horribly bad service, the connection to our house was crappy for 10 years and only got them to string a new line when they couldn't get a good enough signal to put in our home phone.. Twice now they did some screw-up and erased weeks worth of PVR recordings (most of the city one time and a more limited area the next). They say they will send people but don't. I complained again when I made my call but they said that's why they offer the 20% discount. WTF??? But I don't really want to switch to Bell either. I've never gotten anywhere with them an discounts, sure I'll ge the 1st year deal but then what?

it Is what it is
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Rogers seems to be alot based on how long you have been with them. I know they mention wow you have been with us for X amount of years when I call. Plus your payment history with them.
    After I started the thread I had nothing but issues with my Bill. They were double charging me for EVERYTHING!
    I escalated quickly to the office of the president, who has been working on the billing issues every month for me. I don't much mind, he snaps all sorts of credits on my bill for my problems. Their billing system got all messed up for what ever reason with my account, but It has saved me more money in the long run.
    I have no problem with Rogers.
    Glad this thread has helped so many!
    If you get frustrated by speaking to overseas reps, here is a good hint.

Hit "2" for French ( I don't speak French), but 99 percent of the time, you reach a rep in Canada that speaks English, and French problem solved!
    Last edited by itsjill; Mon, Jan 2nd, 2012 at 04:58 PM.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/itsjill

Do you need glasses? No coverage at work! Great Glasses here http://www.clearlycontacts.ca/refer/8579776678

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by itsjill View Post
    Rogers seems to be alot based on how long you have been with them. I know they mention wow you have been with us for X amount of years when I call. Plus your payment history with them.
    After I started the thread I had nothing but issues with my Bill. They were double charging me for EVERYTHING!
    I escalated quickly to the office of the president, who has been working on the billing issues every month for me. I don't much mind, he snaps all sorts of credits on my bill for my problems. Their billing system got all messed up for what ever reason with my account, but It has saved me more money in the long run.
    I have no problem with Rogers.
    Glad this thread has helped so many!
    Wow, dealing with the office of the president. You go girl!
    Yes, this has helped us a lot.
    Thanks much.

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

You need to be careful doing this. Especially saying you are going to cancel. they will cut you off. They will only allow you to do this for so long before they say no more.
    I have seen posts of ppl saying they could not get more. And others responding saying----- i can't believe they would loose your business.
    When you get promos all the time they don't make enough money to care anymore.

Since being back from mat leave I have seen 10 accts already in 3 weeks that were marked not to give promos too.
    In the whole 2 years i worked there before i went on leave. i had only seen 2 the whole time!!!!! They are getting tougher on people who do that as soon as their other promos run out.

Just a warning, be careful how many times you do this or you will get cut off.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Called the cell phone provider today... Had a 65$ charge for apps download.

I asked the girl what it was all about, she said I purchased apps on the internet from my phone. I said to look closely. She was dumbfounded when she saw that my internet access on the phone was blocked from the day it was activated. 65$ credit on my bill was applied.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Ah yes - I have to "sic" my husband on Bell to get us better rates - he succeeds every time!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information