User Tag List

15andcouponing
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Has anyone ever done there transaction at the self check in superstore? I was wondering if when you scanned the coupon, if i said "coupon" out loud. JUst wanted to know
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Not in Alberta. Here you scan the coupon board ones and manually enter your manufacturers coupon, give to the cashier and you are done.

15andcouponing
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by terryberry View Post
    Not in Alberta. Here you scan the coupon board ones and manually enter your manufacturers coupon, give to the cashier and you are done.
    So manually enter the p&g ones and the websaver ones, but you can scan there coupon board coupons. Thank you!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

That's right.

Sorry, I had this picture of you shouting out "Coupon!!" and waving it around at the self checkout. Too funny!

15andcouponing
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    That's right.

Sorry, I had this picture of you shouting out "Coupon!!" and waving it around at the self checkout. Too funny!
    oh, haha

15andcouponing
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So the machine won't say "please insert your coupon"?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I'm just not a big fan of using coupons on self check out cause you have to bother the lady when you hit so many coupons anyway. might as well hold up a line and get a manager over to override

15andcouponing
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How many coupons would you say, will take the machine to call assitance over?
    Reason for asking:
    My little sister is just obseessed with the self check out because she loves playing store at home, so whenever ther is a self checkout at any store, she beggs me or my parents.

jackierw
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

the machine talks but not loud so its best to go when its busy manufacturer's coupons you just manually type the value, so go after supper or on a busy day lol

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

[QUOTE=croatiangirl422;3809194]How many coupons would you say, will take the machine to call assitance over?
    Reason for asking:
    My little sister is just obseessed with the self check out because she loves playing store at home, so whenever ther is a self checkout at any store, she beggs me or my

When doing a self checkout even one coupon will get assistance from the employee. They need to confirm the amount and expiry date of coupons.

jackierw
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

it's best to go when the crabby cashiers are off duty, younger more easy-going employees at night and often don't look at coupons here lol they just put them through

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jackierw View Post
    it's best to go when the crabby cashiers are off duty, younger more easy-going employees at night and often don't look at coupons here lol they just put them through
    Yeah. Superstore opens really late too.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I always use coupons at the Superstore when I go every week and I always go to the self checkout, I find it's much easier and faster. I once went to a cashier and it took forever! If I have coupons that are fpc's I will write the price of the product on the coupon (this makes it much faster and easier for the employee and myself) and if any coupons include tax I calculate it and write the full amount on the coupon. Same thing with B1G1 I will write the price on the coupon, sometimes they get confused when they have to look for the price of the item in my transaction if it's a fpc and it takes a lot longer. I go to the Superstore one of two days every week, late afternoon/evening on Sunday or Monday during the day, I have gotten to know the employees that work at self checkout so they now know I always use coupons. If it's a different employee that I haven't seen I will tell them I have coupons and I have written the price on the coupons and the ones that include tax I have written the total amount on the coupon. Sometimes they will go through the coupons right there to see what I have or tell me to scan all the items and bring them the coupons when I'm ready to pay. At the Superstore they have a $10 limit for the system for coupons, after $10 savings in coupons it has to be over-rided, I find it easier to just hand all the coupons to the employee instead of entering a few and then hitting the limit and having to hand them over. Some employees will want to go through your coupons and look through your cart to make sure you have that item. Yesterday I just used coupons at Superstore and there were two girls I haven't seen before at self checkout and they so nice polite, friendly and had amazing customer service it was so fun!

Thread Information