User Tag List

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Expired on: Tue, May 1st, 2012
    I know there's been a lot of discussion today about Sobey's student discount. Well, it turns out that Loblaws is also offering a student discount. It's not as generous as the Sobey's one, but at selected Loblaws, you'll get 10% off on Tuesday nights. There is no mention of what time "night" starts unfortunately...

The select locations are as follows (sorry, cities aren't listed just addresses)....

Wonderland Market - 3040 Wonderland Road South, London, ON
    Fanshawe Market - 1740 Richmond Street North, London, ON
    Princess Market - 1100 Princess Street, Kingston, ON
    College Square Market - 1980 Baseline Road, Ottawa, ON
    Rideau & Nelson - 363 Rideau Street, Ottawa, ON

The fine print: Offered on Tuesdays at the given locations only. Students will receive 10% off their order when they present a valid student picture ID prior to the time of purchase. (Excludes alcohol, tobacco, prescriptions, gift cards, eyewear, dry cleaning, gas bar, lottery, postal services or from any 3rd party business within our stores). Offer subject to change at any time. Cannot be combined with any other offer including Loblaw colleague discount. Discount can only be redeemed by the individual named on the ID.

Happy Savings
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws
    Last edited by glowworm2k; Mon, Aug 29th, 2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: adding location details

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by glowworm2k View Post
    I know there's been a lot of discussion today about Sobey's student discount. Well, it turns out that Loblaws is also offering a student discount. It's not as generous as the Sobey's one, but at selected Loblaws, you'll get 10% off on Tuesday nights. There is no mention of what time "night" starts unfortunately...

The select locations are as follows (sorry, cities aren't listed just addresses)....

Wonderland Market - 3040 Wonderland Road South, London, ON
    Fanshawe Market - 1740 Richmond Street North, London, ON
    Princess Market - 1100 Princess Street, Kingston, ON
    College Square Market - 1980 Baseline Road, Ottawa, ON
    Rideau & Nelson - 363 Rideau Street, Ottawa, ON
    Interesting.

The Ottawa and Kingston stores are converting from Loblaws to Loblaws Great Food stores by October.
    http://www.ufcw1000a.ca/index.php?op...ced&Itemid=326

Wonder if this is connected to the offer for students?

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Could be... I'm planning on writing to Loblaws asking them if they are going to extend the program. I think it's a good idea, but I'd like to see the other Ottawa locations offer the discount as well (the Rideau street location is more expensive than the other stores in my end of town by more than 10%; I could sure use that discount at the Loblaws McArthur Rd. location!)

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Could be... I'm planning on writing to Loblaws asking them if they are going to extend the program. I think it's a good idea, but I'd like to see the other Ottawa locations offer the discount as well (the Rideau street location is more expensive than the other stores in my end of town by more than 10%; I could sure use that discount at the Loblaws McArthur Rd. location!)
    IMO, both Loblaws and Sobeys are testing their reach into the student market, in anticipation of competition from Target and to offset Walmart Superstore Rollbacks.

So, they may not give the discount in all Ottawa stores.

BTW, when they change to the Loblaws Great Food name, it will be great prices for customers and a pay cut (up to $4 per hour) for staff, just like what happened when RCSS was introduced.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Offers for students to save money help! Wish there were actual program links to read-nothing on Loblaws site nor on the Club Sobeys site for their offer.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Offers for students to save money help! Wish there were actual program links to read-nothing on Loblaws site nor on the Club Sobeys site for their offer.
    I found the information on a flyer at the CS desk at the Rideau & Nelson Loblaws. There is some signage at the store as well.

I am thinking maybe this is a pilot program to see if there's interest and uptake. If I find a link to anything, I'll be sure to post it.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    IMO, both Loblaws and Sobeys are testing their reach into the student market, in anticipation of competition from Target and to offset Walmart Superstore Rollbacks.

So, they may not give the discount in all Ottawa stores.

BTW, when they change to the Loblaws Great Food name, it will be great prices for customers and a pay cut (up to $4 per hour) for staff, just like what happened when RCSS was introduced.
    I'm really disappointed to hear that the re-branding of stores with the Great Food name is linked to rollbacks in workers' wages. I'm surprised that they can do this as I thought the collective agreement would prevent that kind of worker mistreatment. (This is one of the reasons that I boycott walmart). I'm acquainted with a few of the cashiers at Loblaws and I will try to make a point to ask them about this if I see them outside of work.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Any link to a source that talks about this 10% off discount?

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

No locations in the Toronto area?

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Still nothing on the loblaws website and no response from HO (I've emailed them to ask for more information about the promo and if other stores will be added...)

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I'm really disappointed to hear that the re-branding of stores with the Great Food name is linked to rollbacks in workers' wages. I'm surprised that they can do this as I thought the collective agreement would prevent that kind of worker mistreatment. (This is one of the reasons that I boycott walmart). I'm acquainted with a few of the cashiers at Loblaws and I will try to make a point to ask them about this if I see them outside of work.
    They will probably give you an earful during work - not shy to talk about it.
    Loblaws reason is that they must remain competitive with Walmart.
    The Union, useless. They are allowing this to happen. It's part of the 2010 collective agreement.

Thread Information