User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    432 (100%)

Expired
    Another week of members deals....
    apparently this will continue for another 5 weeks...
    If you need any help with the fine print let me know
    Attached Images Attached Images                        
    This thread is currently associated with: Sobeys

Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Thank you

Free Amazon Gift Cards/Paypal $$ -Join Swagbucks now!! Get $50/month just by searching .. Message me for tips

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Naanu

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for the flyer so early, but this flyer has just pushed me over the edge into never shopping at sobeys again. Not only are the always more expensive than other grocery stores, but the amount of misleading items in their latest flyers makes me never want to step in their stores again.. Sterling silver steak, members save $5.. OFF OF WHAT? WHO KNOWS! Could be $5 off of $25/lb at sobeys.. we'll never know unless we go there, well count me out!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbabyte View Post
    thanks for the flyer so early, but this flyer has just pushed me over the edge into never shopping at sobeys again. Not only are the always more expensive than other grocery stores, but the amount of misleading items in their latest flyers makes me never want to step in their stores again.. Sterling silver steak, members save $5.. OFF OF WHAT? WHO KNOWS! Could be $5 off of $25/lb at sobeys.. we'll never know unless we go there, well count me out!
    ===========================

I totally agree!! I'm not wasting the gas to drive there & then find out its not a good deal!! I think this will backfire on them!!

Thanks OP for posting!

Trading Score
    137 (98%)

Thank you! I agree Sobey's is over priced for sure though!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Just returned from a grocery trip to Sobeys. Its the only grocery store within a 30 minute drive for me. Between the "members save" prices and other labels for non members stating the sale price, my head was about to explode trying to figure out what i was going to be paying for an item. I told the cashier that it was very confusing. Not sure she cared.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have to agree with the you this is very annoying when trying to see who has the best deals.

But thanks for the post

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky777s View Post
    Just returned from a grocery trip to Sobeys. Its the only grocery store within a 30 minute drive for me. Between the "members save" prices and other labels for non members stating the sale price, my head was about to explode trying to figure out what i was going to be paying for an item. I told the cashier that it was very confusing. Not sure she cared.
    I totally agree, it took me forever to shop there because of the signs/misleading prices

Unfortunately this is going to continue for a few more weeks. DH works at Sobeys and was told it will run for 6 weeks

I know he hates it (as do many of the customers who talk to him)

Be VERY careful to look at prices -the new 'members price' is often the old reg price! it's not a sale -they have just increased the price for non members
    Last edited by CouponLadybird; Tue, Sep 6th, 2011 at 02:35 PM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Thanks for posting

I too am not a fan of the members save $xx without the reg or members price being shown
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    302 (100%)

I hope Sobey's west flyer isn't like this. I don't like them telling me how much I'm going to save I want to know what the price actually is. Thanks for posting it.
    RLF Honey Bunches of Oats $1.00

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    143 (100%)

Not a fan of member pricing either. May make a trip for the banana and bonus points on delissio, make a note of items I am likely to buy and current prices if they are going to keep doing this a few more weeks

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ok I just went to price guide that No Frills have to compare store prices and nothing at sobeys is a good deal because their prices are so high to begin with....

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLadybird View Post
    I totally agree, it took me forever to shop there because of the signs/misleading prices

Unfortunately this is going to continue for a few more weeks. DH works at Sobeys and was told it will run for 6 weeks

I know he hates it (as do many of the customers who talk to him)

Be VERY careful to look at prices -the new 'members price' is often the old reg price! it's not a sale -they have just increased the price for non members
    Thanks for the flyer CouponLadybird.
    Bananas are a good price.

I guess the shopping strategy for Sobey's is to get the loss leaders (e.g. bananas), get the freebies (free bag, free OJ) and get out!

it Is what it is
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

I don't like the format, but I am a Sobeys shopper due to location, and the only store in my town. So if i need something quick, Sobeys it is. I try to stock up on other items but perishaables, and last minute things that is where I will be.

I was happy to see that this nonesense ends September 29ths according to the flyer, and even better from Coupon Ladybird.
    I do find good deals at Sobeys and some of their items are priced ok, when on sale, and often their meat is very reasonable, and the quality is good. I find I am constantly doing Math in my head.
    For example Beneful dog food goes on sale ofter for 16.99, or 18.99 and I have the 3 dollar coupon., but normal price is 20.99, but offereing 300 club sobeys points. At my redemption level it works out to 2.40 cents off. so not a good deal.
    Its ok if your good at math, if you know your prices, and you have limited options.
    Thanks for the flyer.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am soooo disappointed with this member pricing thing. I too want to know what the price is going to be before I go to the store....and it's continuing for more weeks after this? I am glad to see I am not alone on this line of thinking. I really like the Sobey's near me (and their points program) but this on top of not taking printable coupons is leaving Sobey's near the bottom of my list. Thanks for posting and giving us heads up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information