User Tag List

Page 649 of 966 FirstFirst ... 149 549 599 639 647 648 649 650 651 659 699 749 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAS PILGRIM View Post
    And poor old Emax is getting libelled on FB...they didn't censor this comment:

Emax Xame you obviously are not Airmiles educated. Use your bonus coupons out of your neighbourhood paper (Black Press Paper) and the flyers they insert!
    I better head on over there and defend myself! "Airmiles educated"? I've heard of "Harvard educated" but wasn't aware there was a special school fer lerning bout airmiles n stuff.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I better head on over there and defend myself! "Airmiles educated"? I've heard of "Harvard educated" but wasn't aware there was a special school fer lerning bout airmiles n stuff.
    Which thread?
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Obviously failed math:

Bruce ArcherJust a few observations....if I may...Airmiles values each mile @ 9.5 cents - but often you can spend 95 miles - save $10 and then get 25 am returned to your account. So - that would make them worth only 7 cents each. It is my opinion that airmiles are worth whatever they cost you - if you are only getting 1 AM per $20 spent - they are costly - if you can go into Safeway, spend $100 and end up with 800 AM's on your till tape -- they are a bargain. I tend to shop strategically - as many others on here do - and it is a common occurance to add 700 - 800 AM's on a single Safeway shopping excursion. So -- if I spend 700 airmiles in Group Buy to get an item that is worth $400 or $500 retail - I consider that an awesome deal. Just my two cents... Oh..and I hope that lady finds her pal Mary --- now back to our regular programming...
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Which thread?
    Think it was in the one from yesterday's GB, when everyone was squabbling about the value and cost of AM's--I can't see it either--maybe it was CENSORED!

Actually, it was up for 17 or 19 hours until I mentioned it here, so looks like the social marketing team has this place bookmarked!
    operabob and 4sure5 like this.
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.
    https://db.tt/UXGIw4Ke

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Obviously failed math:

Bruce ArcherJust a few observations....if I may...Airmiles values each mile @ 9.5 cents - but often you can spend 95 miles - save $10 and then get 25 am returned to your account. So - that would make them worth only 7 cents each. It is my opinion that airmiles are worth whatever they cost you - if you are only getting 1 AM per $20 spent - they are costly - if you can go into Safeway, spend $100 and end up with 800 AM's on your till tape -- they are a bargain. I tend to shop strategically - as many others on here do - and it is a common occurance to add 700 - 800 AM's on a single Safeway shopping excursion. So -- if I spend 700 airmiles in Group Buy to get an item that is worth $400 or $500 retail - I consider that an awesome deal. Just my two cents... Oh..and I hope that lady finds her pal Mary --- now back to our regular programming...

Have to love that last little bit--it refers to a lady who posted a prayer of sorts assumedly about the Blessed Virgin. Of course that comment wasn't censored!
    operabob and Tommycoupons like this.
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I helped him out!
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Which thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by VEGAS PILGRIM View Post
    Think it was in the one from yesterday's GB, when everyone was squabbling about the value and cost of AM's--I can't see it either--maybe it was CENSORED!

Actually, it was up for 17 or 19 hours until I mentioned it here, so looks like the social marketing team has this place bookmarked!
    Took me a while to find it as well. It's on the main page (not posts by others, but under a SafewayCanada post). It's on the post "Today’s Group Buy is for a : Panasonic 39" LED TV " from yesterday.

Sometimes it feels like "casting pearls to swine" over on facebook. I'm not saying it's because the people are slow, but man those people are slow! ;-)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Should be something good tomorrow

Hint for the March 26th eAuction Group Buy:
    People are smart, but this techy buy is smarter!

A smartphone I guess maybe that LG one they had on auction
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Tue, Mar 25th, 2014 at 09:29 PM.
    operabob, VEGAS PILGRIM and 4sure5 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I helped him out!
    Nice. Short and sweet.

I think his approach of valuing airmiles based on what you spent to EARN them is interesting, but don't think it takes into account the current value of airmiles (which changes) and doesn't make it easy to comparison shop (ie: is it worth buying at all?). Seems too focused on getting as many airmiles as possible as cheaply as possible. That's fine if airmiles were rare collectibles and you're trying to add to your collection, but they're not -- they're just a temporary place to park money until you want to spend it.
    Last edited by emax; Tue, Mar 25th, 2014 at 09:39 PM.
    operabob and VEGAS PILGRIM like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well it's already over 4100. I think your guess will be closer than mine. The people that bid on this must be the same ones that buy airmiles for 30 cents each.
    Hey Tommy, so I guess we split the difference on the Apple ipad. Final bid was just over 6000. The real winner (and by winner I mean weiner) was the person who picked up the Tassimo coffee maker for 221% of retail value. Wow.
    Last edited by emax; Tue, Mar 25th, 2014 at 09:46 PM.
    operabob, 4sure5 and Tommycoupons like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Should be something good tomorrow

Hint for the March 26th eAuction Group Buy:
    People are smart, but this techy buy is smarter!

A smartphone I guess maybe that LG one they had on auction

http://safewayeauction.ca/iSynApp/au...014%2011:25:00

Had thought of a GPS, but obviously, they go for the obvious, so you're more than likely correct.
    Figure on 2,450 AM for a Group Buy figure (which would tick off the "winner" of the above auction, I am sure).
    operabob likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm back baby! I emailed safeway's social media group and asked them wtf can't I post on their facebook page. Apparently there was a mistake and I was tagged as spam. Maybe they thought my e-auction spreadsheet was undermining their efforts? Who knows, but I can post now. Meanwhile I pointed out a couple of real spam posts on their page that they've now removed.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I think his approach of valuing airmiles based on what you spent to EARN them is interesting, but don't think it takes into account the current value of airmiles (which changes) and doesn't make it easy to comparison shop (ie: is it worth buying at all?). Seems too focused on getting as many airmiles as possible as cheaply as possible. That's fine if airmiles were rare collectibles and you're trying to add to your collection, but they're not -- they're just a temporary place to park money until you want to spend it.
    That's the way all the old threads used to do it: How much does it cost to buy an airmile.

I changed the focus by determining the actual average cash value of an Airmile then dividing the other way so you can figure out how much an airmile can buy you.

The guy over at Arhhh-Eph-Dee who did the Airmiles thread went on a temper tantrum when I appeared, sending me nasty notes, posting fake reviews, posting nasty comments about me and even getting my thread cancelled. Had all sorts of people PMing me about what an AH he was. For some reason people over there were afraid of him. He was just a bully. The more negative his actions the more I kept at it. Never responded to any of his nastiness. Eventually he gave up and disappeared.
    Last edited by operabob; Tue, Mar 25th, 2014 at 10:26 PM.
    4sure5 and L-M like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Apparently there was a mistake and I was tagged as spam.
    You believe that too, do you!
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Well he did say he left the comments on several posts so maybe he was labelled spam.
    operabob likes this.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Thread Information