User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

My kids love lunchables. I purchased a few at NF, on sale of course lol. I am thinking that would be nice for a treat for the first day. I might be half asleep so might work out lol.
    What is everyone putting in the lunch box(s) for the kids? Any great easy ideas?
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Just the basics here. Lobster, baby back ribs, jumbo shrimp, filet mignon, caesar salad, etc.

Okay, okay. Ham & cheese sandwich, granola bar, apple and juicebox. We keep it simple with 7 heading out. (The older ones often take an extra sandwich or piece of fruit.)

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Dave, you crack me up!!LOL

I was debating lunchables as a first day treat also but decided against it as we just had a bunch a couple weeks ago (got 10at Meijer for 1$ each)
    I'll probably pack a sandwich, grapes,cheese (cut in hearts) and a banana muffin (I'll bake some tommorrow)
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

nuttin.. they are old enough now if they want a lunch they better darn well pack it

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

that sounds like a excellent lunch. Does your school want you to mark break 1 break 2 on the food? mine suggests it but I dont do it lol. I am starting to think I pack to much stuff in my kids lunch...

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    nuttin.. they are old enough now if they want a lunch they better darn well pack it
    LOL!!!!

How do you cut the cheese into hearts? cookie cutter? what do you do with the left over cheese?

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

yep they are teenagers now after 10 yrs of making their lunchs its their turn..
    cookie cutters... for sure.. put the Lefltovers in a baggie use in grilled cheese sandwichs.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

My DS has never had a Lunchable, don't intend to let him discover those anytime soon!

I got a turkey at Superstore on Friday (Butterball, on sale for $1.49 a pound). I'm cooking that on Monday morning and the three of us are going to have turkey sandwiches for lunch for a couple of days. He says YUCK to this idea, but he'll eat it.

He'll also get cheese of some kind (babybel or cheese string is what's in the fridge right now), granola bar, and a fruit of some kind. Possibly another snack - he has a few hours between breakfast before daycare and getting to recess.

I bought Fruit by the Foot this week as a treat, probably the second time ever. Biggest mistake EVER! About six times a day I get, "Can I have some fruit by the foot?" No. "Just a half of one?" No. "A little tiny crumb of one? Please?" NO! He'd eat the whole damned box at once if I let him!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

ham on brown bread( I told her we can't afford white bread anymore, lol hey it may work) Nutrigrain, Handi Snack, Special K crisp (I'll see what comes back and go from there) water (she if off juice, after I stocked up of course), and some fruit (last week it was grapes or peaches)

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I pack a sandwich,drink thats standard. I used to pack 2 drinks for both kids but I just went through them like nothing. Now its just 1. I also pack fruit/pudding cup, cheese n crackers,grapes and a granola bar. I might throw in another snack. I know sometimes i pack too much but I dont want them to be hungry. I stopped buying cheese string or fun cheese. Half the time it just sits in the lunch bag and comes home.

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

Ok I am old fashioned... My son comes home for lunch I love it, plus I think it helps him relax and I get to be the nosey mom you know How was the first part of the day? kinda questions... I know not everyone is able to do so... but I am lucky that I can do this but I do wish that he stayed at school some days...

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

For my younger two, bread and jam, a banana, a container of chocolate milk, a thermos of chicken noodle soup, a salad and a container of water.
    For my oldest I pack all my love, a detailed map to the fridge, a free demo of how to close a cupboard door when you are finished and the instructions on how to clean up after herself. ( I consider the eye roll and 'jeesh Mom you're so weird" my tip )

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

my dd wants macarion salad and boiled eggs for her lunch and my ds wants a jam sandwich, why the heck did i buy a bunch of lunch meats if they don't want it, grrrrrrr kids plus they will each get left over bday cake from my dd's bday i cut it up and froze it and a apple plus juice.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

DD2 and DS have been back a week, DD1 2 days.

I provide healthy stuff they can choose from though.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

As much sugar as possible to make their first day back a memorable one for the teachers.

Hehe, not sure yet, probably sammies and snacks

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information