User Tag List

Trading Score
    523 (100%)

Area teens looking for a ‘cool’ place to spend time after school this Fall will want to consider Windsor Public Library. Starting September 13, the Central, Riverside and Budimir locations of Windsor Public Library will each be launching a TEEN ZONE, an area dedicated to teens, providing a causal, relaxing and safe environment for them to socialize and interact with their peers.

Each TEEN ZONE will be stocked with Netbooks with internet access to download music and other information, Video Game consoles with popular video game titles and board games. Additionally, home work help will be available and educational, entertaining and informative sessions to assist teens in making career decisions and encourage continued education, will be scheduled.'

“The initiative will attract teens to the library and provide a safe venue for them to develop their social interaction skills and at the same time have fun in an educational environment,” says WPL Board Chair Al Maghnieh.

The TEEN ZONES will all operate from 3:30 to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday. Windsor Public Library staff will be available to help and provide support when required. Snacks and light refreshments will be available at all locations. There is no charge to attend although participants will be expected to have a Library Card.

"Not only will the Teen Zones have the latest in computers and gaming technology, but staff will be able to highlight all of the books we have geared toward teens and their everyday life,” says Manager of Children’s and Youth Services, Bonita Seecharan. “We will make sure there are interesting reads for all tastes.”

A TEEN ZONE KICK-OFF is scheduled for Tuesday, September 13 at 2:30 p.m. at Central Library (850 Ouellette Avenue).

I just copied and pasted the press release It's sponsored by Little Caesar's and Metro so I assume there will be pizza but I am not sure exactly what will be served.
    This thread is currently associated with: Little Caesars Pizza, Metro
    Last edited by Jeniana; Mon, Sep 12th, 2011 at 09:25 PM.
    ~ Trade List ~ Let's Trade! ~ Wish List ~
    I'm looking for these coupons (and more )
    Purina Cat Chow/Friskies ~ El Monteray ~ Blue Buffalo cans
    Maxx Scoop ~ Fresh Express ~ Cheemo

Trading Score
    523 (100%)

I just want to *bump* this because these look really fun Quite a few kids show up at the downtown one and they are always dancing around - I think there is a Kinect hooked up. Little Caesar's delivers pizza and crazy bread and there are beverages too. I haven't seen too much homework help going on, haha, just a lot of socializing. There are netbooks you can check out to use during teen zone times.
    ~ Trade List ~ Let's Trade! ~ Wish List ~
    I'm looking for these coupons (and more )
    Purina Cat Chow/Friskies ~ El Monteray ~ Blue Buffalo cans
    Maxx Scoop ~ Fresh Express ~ Cheemo

Thread Information