User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    new couponer :)
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Hi guys! I'm not sure if I am to post here or not..
    but I'm giving away an envie of a bunch of random tearpad coupons and what not in exchange for your creative thoughts

My boyfriend's 21st birthday is coming up and I want to do something very special for him but his bday is on October 14th and I've been super busy with school so I haven't got a long time to plan everything.

One year: Scrapbook of us
    Another year: I got all his friends to take a picture of themselves saying happy birthday to him, and I made it into a huge collage in a picture frame
    Another year: Made him a care package with all things he likes, and memorabilia
    etc...

Hence it's always carefully thought out.. but I'm struggling this year and I need something inexpensive and creative and/or sweet..

We always go for dinner, I always make him romantic dinners, I want to film all his friends (new and old and family too) saying hbd but because I live up in school it would be SUPEEEEEEEEEEEEEER hard to do this before his bday and I don't know how to string it together into a movie.

For my birthday last year I woke up to an envelope (he left me in the morning), and he sent me all around town.. #1 sent me to go to Spring to pick up shoes in the shoebox was the next letter #2 sent me to get my nails done the lady there gave me the next letter #3 sent me to get my birthday cake and i went home and put it in the fridge and there was letter #4 he left me a dress and another letter saying to meet him for dinner, and then a bunch of my friends were there to go out at night for my birthday!
    All the ladies at the stores were super excited and asked to see the letters he wrote and it was really thoughtful

So I definately need to do something super sweet!
    Information:
    - no car
    - inexpensive ( I don't mind spending money on him, but nothing that will cause a huge hole in my pocket because I don't work atm while in school)
    - we've been dating for 5 years
    - sweet/thoughtful
    - creative

The idea can be a gift... or a planned out day.. or whatever

If anyone can give me the best idea I will give them an envie of coupons I would really love all your help it's been five years and I'm fresh out of ideas!!

I'll accept ideas until maybe October 1st? If I still have time to plan.. if not I will announce an earlier date. Then I will let you know who will receive the envie.

(mods feel free to move my thread if needed, I felt free coupons was best under the coupon section though)
    This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty, Spring Shoes
    Last edited by CMB-LT; Mon, Sep 26th, 2011 at 04:08 PM.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Don't know about your bf's interests, but my husband would totally go for golfing with the boys for the day, followed by his favourite homemade hamburgers with friends, and concluding with a cake that looks like a beer can (made by myself) and a night of Super Smashbrothers on Wii, or game of choosing on the Xbox.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

He's very easy going.. his favourite sport is basketball (but he will be coming up to visit me at school for his birthday - a couple of his friends will be coming that weekend, but for his bday day I don't think they will be there so it's kind of just me and him - he would love to play ball with the boys though). He doesn't like cake but he likes icecream cake (can I make an icecream cake ?) and we both love xbox (haha), his favourite is call of duty.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think it would be cute if you did 21 small things that he loves (like take him to his favourite restaurant or make his favourite dish or watch his favourite movie) to show him how much you know about him? or you could combine it with getting/making him 21 things.. so like a cd with your favourite songs or things that remind you of your relationship all the years you've been together?

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

I noticed your in Scarborough.....my old stopping ground in my youth...lol! You should look into those dinner boat cruises on the Toronto Harbour....I think there are coupons for it on the TO website (Go train will take you right down there.)

As for ice cream cake...I make them all the time!!! Simple easy but take time to freeze between layers. Take his favourite cookies....smash up 2 cups worth. Buy the Scor bits (by the chocolate chips) and mix them in with the cookies. Line a spring load cake pan with parchment paper. Spread the mixture and flatten on the bottom. Bake at 350F for about 10 minutes....you will see the scor bits melt to hold it all together. Take it out and let it cool completely. Next either use two different kinds of ice cream or one....his favourites are best. Take the first one out and let it soften on the counter for a bit....then spread the ice cream flat to half way up. Cover up the top with parchment paper and put it back in the freezer....I usually do a half day. For the next layer (don't forget to remove the parchment paper) mix cool whip with whatever you like....scor bits, chocolate chips, carmel, walnuts...etc. Make sure it's flat and again cover with parchment. Freeze for another half day. Last repeat the same for the second layer of ice cream like you did for the first. Cover again and freeze. The decorations on the top are up to you....I usually use what I put in the middle. My girlfriend is a cake decorator and she also told me some Walmart superstores will print your favourite photo on rice paper for you....you could top it with something like that if you want. I've made these cakes a week in advance before....

....one other idea that just came to me...well because he's a guy and all guys like those sexy photos of their girlfriends...lol
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

This sounds like fun.

Love the ice cream cake recipe.

A picnic might be nice and then some really touristy thing. Not sure what would be in your area.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I love the idea of 21 sexy photos, or 21 of his favoruite things (small things, like favourite chocolate bar, a picture of you (your obviously his favourite), and a toy of his favourite car or something)

And definately make an ice cream cake!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

LOL! That's awesome!!! Thanks so much for letting me know that!! I'm super excited already to try it out!! It will definately be a mission to make I will have to enlist the help of my roomates for this one! And about the pictures...... hahahahaha! Is all I have to say Looks like I might have to give out multiple envies of coupons I'm super excited about everyones ideas and it will be really difficult to choose an idea by the end of this

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

hahahaha! I'm loving the... "picture of you because your obviously his favourite" :D

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

just an idea, but it might be expensive tho
    but you can actually rent movie theatre with cineplex entertainement to play video game. We rent them for work for tournement, we get a special price because I work for a game producing compagny but the general public can actually rent them for party. If you want the link of theatre offering the rental just let me know

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

That's really cool!! I would love to know how expensive that would be If it's too much, I could always keep that in my head for another time, because I think that is awesome I didn't know you could do that

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Let him play Call Of Duty Black Ops all day xD

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

I'm sure he knows that you coupon.... so have you thought about making him 21 coupons? Example:

1 Night at the Movies FREE(valid between XX----XX) <--pick dates you will have extra money

1 15 minute massage(valid between xx-----xx)

1 Homecooked meal -- your choice (valid between xx----xx)

I think it would be cute... he hands you the coupons when he wants to redeem them.

Trading Score
    145 (100%)

Oh....and if you decide to take him out for dinner don't forget to check the resturant's website. You might be able to sign up for a mailing list and get something free or money off!
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:

Trading Score
    145 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    I'm sure he knows that you coupon.... so have you thought about making him 21 coupons? Example:

1 Night at the Movies FREE(valid between XX----XX) <--pick dates you will have extra money

1 15 minute massage(valid between xx-----xx)

1 Homecooked meal -- your choice (valid between xx----xx)

I think it would be cute... he hands you the coupons when he wants to redeem them.

I love that idea!!!! I might use that one on my hubby....he might actually redeem his first coupon (on his own...lol)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information