User Tag List

Thread: My Turkey Caper

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

So, as usual i'm been scheming how to get the best deal (on turkey)...this is my plan...

I'm going to PM at Sobeys for the NF price

then i'm going to use my Sobeys cash from the Sobeys Gas Bar

and i'm going to exit Sobeys with a FREE turkey

BTW what does everyone have on their menu for Thanksgiving?
    I'm inviting extended family so we will do turkey and ham
    Then the usual Mashed potatoes, Carrots, turnip, peas, gravy, stuffing, and cranberry sauce...

i've made the same bread and potato dressing for years...would like to try something a bit different....any suggestions??
    This thread is currently associated with: No Frills, Sobeys
    ....just be happy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Turnip soufflet great dish and kids love it too. PM and i will send you the recipe if you think it is somthing your family would like.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    128 (100%)

great idea to pm at sobeys, i almost got trampled too death getting one!!! lol

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Got my turkey when SS had them on...a big hit with my family is broccoli( or crunchy) salad...yum!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Like Shooter, I bought my turkey when Superstore had Butterballs on sale. My brother is here visiting, he will take care of a lot of food, so I bought a fairly large one.

My Mom used to make stuffing using homemade cornbread, lots of veggies (like onions, mushrooms, peppers), some bread, nuts if we had them, summer savory and cooked sausage. Yum! I usually just use Stovetop and add in a lot of those veggies, and the sausage sometimes, old bread if it's around. Kind of a 'everything but the kitchen sink' kind of stuffing! If Mom feels like making cornbread, we'll use that too!

We'll have broccoli with supper since most of us love it (I've started buying big bags of it at Costco), mashed potatoes and gravy. I'm trying to be good since I'm on Weight Watchers, but I can certainly have a little bit of all those things. We're going to pick apples next weekend too and I bought a nifty apple peeler/slicer today at Stokes that will make some apples for pie!

Trading Score
    69 (95%)

I got a turkey from my brother ,, good thing he picked me up one I never had a chance too go grab one myself ,, thank god my bro is good too me .. not sure i f i will cook one or just head out too his place for some , I kinda like roast more than turkey

Thread Information