User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yesterday was my first & last time trying to use coupons at Canadian Tire. I went with 7 of the $1 Vim coupons hoping to use them for stocking stuffers. Got to the checkout & the cashier insists I have to ring it through as 7 different transactions. I politely explain to her multiple times what the difference between a purchase and a transaction is and that I should be able to use all 7 in one transaction. She gets increasingly pissy & ends up calling someone to "confirm". No matter what way I explain it, she insists that I can't use more then one coupon at a time. No way was I using my debit card 7 times for 15 cents a shot or waiting as she rudely rang through 7 different transactions & read the coupon thoroughly each time. I ended up leaving with one bottle of Vim. What a disappointment.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    128 (100%)

i had the same problem at the new sdm, they were so rude i emailed the company !!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm in the process of emailing them now. Did you get any response from shoppers?

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

some folks need to get a clue
    ....just be happy

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

PM at Zellers at least thats what I'd try and do. at this point as bad as they can be.. zellers is so much better then CT.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Zellers had none left Or else that's what I would have done, for sure. I've never had any issue with Zellers & they even let me use my SPC with coupons

Trading Score
    69 (95%)

i bought alot of stuff there yesterday and had too do it that way too ,, the girl that was waiting on me was nice thou and got her friend at the other till too help out so it went twice as fast

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    128 (100%)

i got a response back from i guess regional saying they wanted to send it to the store where i had the complaint so i said yes still waiting on a response form them

the point is they should know how to do it, couponing is only getting bigger around here and most just dont have a clue

Trading Score
    69 (95%)

I think the standing in the line for crazy ammount of time waiting for the single transactions too be done is crazy ,, when I first started couponing I went too ct with a coupon for I think laundry sheets .. and I have like 20 or so of them , so they made me go too a till for each coupon , and I was not able too go too the same girl in a row ,, Like if the girl at Isle3 then I would have too go too another complete different girl,, it was the dumbest thing I ever did in my life ,, took over 2 hours but I did it because I was dertermained too save that money ,, some times we haveto deal with bone heads

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tanyamcn View Post
    the point is they should know how to do it, couponing is only getting bigger around here and most just dont have a clue
    My thoughts exactly.

@CaperSaver That's just ridiculous, there's no need of them separating every single item into a transaction. You must have a lot of patience lol

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    PM at Zellers at least thats what I'd try and do. at this point as bad as they can be.. zellers is so much better then CT.
    I went to Zellers yesterday and they told me I could not use a coupon and price match it was either one or the other.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Celticgirl View Post
    I went to Zellers yesterday and they told me I could not use a coupon and price match it was either one or the other.
    I was at Zellers just last week. I price matched 3 GreenWorks products & used a save $3WUB3 coupon with no issue. Maybe it was just the cashier you went to.

Thread Information