User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: cosmetics vs cancer ?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I read that if an item (ingredient) is already established and on the market, it never needs to be tested. I myself have limited my use of products - why expose myself to unnecessary risk? I choose fragrance free and items with the least amount of ingredients. But it is not just cosmetics - there are weird things in our food, water, overall environment.

I read a book about the history of cancer and it said that long ago they found links to cancer from certain things - yet that research was ignored because it came from Germany just before Hitler. Look how long it took to say that cigarettes caused cancer.....decades.

Unfortunately what motivates some companies is not health but the bottom line. It's all about money.

Ashley Gorecki
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

what can successfully pass nowadays might be found as dangerous in the upcoming. it's type of better for business in the beauty products market.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I read that if an item (ingredient) is already established and on the market, it never needs to be tested. I myself have limited my use of products - why expose myself to unnecessary risk? I choose fragrance free and items with the least amount of ingredients. But it is not just cosmetics - there are weird things in our food, water, overall environment.

I read a book about the history of cancer and it said that long ago they found links to cancer from certain things - yet that research was ignored because it came from Germany just before Hitler. Look how long it took to say that cigarettes caused cancer.....decades.

Unfortunately what motivates some companies is not health but the bottom line. It's all about money.
    Are you referring to Johanna Budwig?? This is the one I read http://www.naturalnews.com/046903_na...#ixzz3WvAqdYrC

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AddyB View Post
    Are you referring to Johanna Budwig?? This is the one I read http://www.naturalnews.com/046903_na...#ixzz3WvAqdYrC
    No it was called " The Emperor of all Maladies"
    Last edited by barbis9; Thu, Feb 11th, 2016 at 07:52 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would also say that we should never use heavy cosmetics. Eventually it all leads to only bad things. There are some herbal products available too which can work as a better substitutes for cosmetics counterparts.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SarahGrant View Post
    I would also say that we should never use heavy cosmetics. Eventually it all leads to only bad things. There are some herbal products available too which can work as a better substitutes for cosmetics counterparts.
    Sarah could you please tell me what you mean by heavy cosmetics? I also use quite a few herbal products.

I recently succumbed and got a Monsia facial cleansing brush and an aloe vera plant I have been using the aloe vera gel. It is very gentle, as is my cleansing brush and I feel my skin does like being cleaned this way.

As of today I have added 1 teaspoon of rice powder to the aloe vera gel. Decided on rice powder instead of the recommended baking powder because I think it is less rough.
    Last edited by AddyB; Tue, Mar 15th, 2016 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Update

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just read today about Johnson & Johnson paying $72 million in damages because baby powder causing ovarian cancer. Go figure.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelso View Post
    Just read today about Johnson & Johnson paying $72 million in damages because baby powder causing ovarian cancer. Go figure.
    Thanks for this info Kelso. Could you post the link and did it mention what the ingredient was?? TIA

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey AddyB, it's a talc-based baby powder. That's all they said in an article. Here is a link to it. http://www.reuters.com/article/us-jo...-idUSKCN0VW20A Hopefully, the admins won't delete my post or remove the link: they've done that before. Hope this helps

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the link Kelso, I'll do more digging to try and find all the ingredients, maybe buy one.

Only 2 ingredients listed talc & perfume and I also read
    http://www.safetyandcarecommitment.c...nfo/other/talc
    Whilst there is no proof either way I'll just steer clear.
    Last edited by AddyB; Thu, Mar 10th, 2016 at 07:13 AM. Reason: update

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope you have no intention of using it unless you want to make $72 mil.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelso View Post
    I hope you have no intention of using it unless you want to make $72 mil.
    No way Kelso. I list all ingredients that may, emphasize "may" have possible links to cancer and share with my breast cancer group. Better to steer clear of anything, however small the possibility don't you think??

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I absolutely agree with you. It's better safe than sorry.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    No it was called " The Emperor of all Maladies"
    Thanks, it is available on amazon.co.uk and I have ordered it but you should read Johanna Budwig - one great lady.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hadn't heard of her before your telling me. After reading her biography, I, too, think she is a great lady.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information