User Tag List

Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Spend a minimum of $150. on a minimum of 2 gift cards purchased at SDM and earn 8,000 optimum bonus pts. Listed in the picture includes Xbox gold membership, American Express, Home Depot, The Keg, Indigo (Chapters, Cole), SDM, Winners & itunes. I'm not sure if it applies to all GCs or just the ones shown. I think last year it included all of the gift cards. Please note that last year the American Express GCs had an activation fee of at least $4.95 as it depended on if you bought the $100. or $200. gift cards.

I intend to buy at least 4 x $100 & 4 x $50. I'll be using the gcs to buy transit passes & stamps (must be done at the cash register & not the postal outlet) to mail out packages at Christmas time and additional gift cards with my sdm gift cards for McDonalds, Indigo, etc for donation to the Christmas Bureau for the toy bank.

Will probably need some for back up to pay for taxes for any upcoming redemptions as well.

After getting my magnifying glass out, upon closer inspection, it's not the Via Rail card that's being offered but a Ci Ci or is it Cin Cin telephone card that's being offered.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Saving Moola; Wed, Nov 2nd, 2011 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Spend a minimum of $150 on a min of 2 gift cards

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anyone know if I can buy a gift card and use it at the postal outlet?
    Looking to buy Customized stamps with my father in law's pic on them.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Fine print says

Bonus points will not be issued for transactions in which a gift card or a financial card is used as tender to pay for additional gift or financial cards.
    Search & Win using Swagbucks! Redeem for amazon.ca/Cineplex/Shutterfly gift cards.
    Click >>> Swagbucks <<< and start earning your own.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    58 (98%)

Do you get SDM points on gift card purchases other than their own gift cards?

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

If SDM GCs are included in the promo, it's perfect. Thank you for the good news!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

thanks for the heads up
    Earn FREE PRIZES, Paypal$, Gift Cards with SWAGBUCKS by searching! Please use my referral, and earn with me. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/KathyN
    Beyond the rack save up to 90% off clothes and more! http://vnlink.co/Sb7eFax

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlene_the_bean View Post
    Anyone know if I can buy a gift card and use it at the postal outlet?
    Looking to buy Customized stamps with my father in law's pic on them.
    The sdm stores I've gone to in BC doesn't allow this. I've always used the Gift cards to pay for just the regular books of stamps in various denominations at the cash registers. The postal outlet is operated separately & it may be a government thing. For example, I've come across a BC government liquore store that is attached to the shoping mall & doesn't accept the shopping mall gift card, but accepts the BC government liquore store gift cards.

Traditionally in BC, books of stamps (10 stamps for standard letters to be mailed in Canada) are on sale for 10% off, maximum of 4 books. I think it's almost taken place in November. I usually buy at least 12 books and the discounts adds up.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Fine print says

Bonus points will not be issued for transactions in which a gift card or a financial card is used as tender to pay for additional gift or financial cards.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm pretty sure I got the bonus pts last year under the old computer system at Christmas time. However, I remember buying the 2 itunes gift cards with the sdm gift card and got bonus pts on them within the last year. Since my sdm has the new computer system, I think I'll buy $150 or $200 in sdm gc & use that to buy the other GCs and see what happens before buying too many. But regardless, I still need to buy at least 2 x $150 for postage stamps and sdm cards for shopping befoe Christmas.

Perhaps, somebody can clarify this - CarlyinCanada, Annedougherty, Voy or some other SDM expert.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Saving Moola View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm pretty sure I got the bonus pts last year under the old computer system at Christmas time. However, I remember buying the 2 itunes gift cards with the sdm gift card and got bonus pts on them within the last year. Since my sdm has the new computer system, I think I'll buy $150 or $200 in sdm gc & use that to buy the other GCs and see what happens before buying too many. But regardless, I still need to buy at least 2 x $150 for postage stamps and sdm cards for shopping befoe Christmas.

Perhaps, somebody can clarify this - CarlyinCanada, Annedougherty, Voy or some other SDM expert.

Hmmmm...I think they did once have a gift card promo like this where people where buying a certain card at SDM, going to that store, redeeming for SDM GC's....lather, rinse, repeat. So...I'm guessing they are trying to put a stop to people who may buy SDM GC's, or GC's for another store that sells SDM GC's, and going back to SDM and reapeating the cycle to rack up the points.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luvs2shop View Post
    Do you get SDM points on gift card purchases other than their own gift cards?
    No, you don't get points. Only during these promos you get bonus points.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Fine print says

Last year it was ok to use your credit card even though it had the same fine print.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Saving Moola View Post

I will do the same. If the points are supposed to be awarded right away, we will quickly find out what's going on

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I am definanatley going to be buying many home depot gift cards. We are finishing our basement this winter so now is a good time to pick up the gift cards and get the bonus points at the same time.

Go ahead, I Dare You! Carlyfalls's Avatar
    Trading Score
    161 (99%)

Its okay to use a credit card, what they mean by "financial cards" are the prepaid american express/visa etc.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hold the phone! I'm not sure I understood this right....lol
    Can I buy a SDM GC lets say $50 therefore get 500 points (on any day), then use that gc to buy say The Key gift card for $50? and no points?
    Would that be a way to get around directly buying The Keg GC with no points?

Sounds too good to be true. I tried to read the above statement over and over and I need it dumb down....haha :|

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes, you can do that
    Their TOS says they can take the points away but they never have with mine
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 1 of 56 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information