User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So once again I have had another problem with a Walmart cashier not understanding coupons and how they work. I'm so sick of it. Everytime I go in there they make me feel like a second class citizen. Like I'm stealing from their store or trying to cheat "the man". I was so frustrated this last time I almost started screaming. It didn't help that my daughter was already screaming because she was overtired and would not let me put her down. This was the fourth ave Walmart, where my husband works so I don't want to create a big scene, but I would like some contact information for head office, or any advice on where to proceed. I just want the cashiers to be trained consistently.

Please tell me if I'm wrong or right here:
    So I only had a few purchases. A sippy cup, a Glade refill, and a Glade starter kit. I had a coupon that said if you buy the glade refill you get the starter kit free, then I had another coupon that says $2 off any glade product. Well first the cashier said I can't use my $2 off coupon because it isn't a manufacturer's coupon (coupon zone). I didn't feel like arguing with her (baby still screaming) so I took my coupon zone coupon and gave her a manufacturer's coupon for $2 off. Then she said I can't use 2 coupons on the same item. I told her I wasn't. The bogo coupon was for the starter kit and the $2 off was for the refill. So she tries to tell me that when I use the bogo coupon it makes it one item with the refill. At this point I'm getting very frustrated and had to bite my tongue and not tell her off for how stupid she sounds. Instead I just said okay give me my coupons back and I'll go someplace else. And I paid for the sippy cup and got out of there so fast. I was fuming. I walked down to TLE where my husband was working and went off on a huge rant about how they treat me so poorly whenever I come here and I'm sick of it.
    Could anyone please tell me if my use of the bogo was correct and if Walmart suddenly stopped taking coupon zone coupons.

Thanks, sorry for the rant. It's still really bugging me
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

Hey Shlindz (long time no see!! I have no idea any more with Wal-Mart... they are so bloody picky over stupid crap how ever I would suggest calling the 800 number tell them what happened, District manager needs to be aware of the issues that go on!!
    Wal-Mart has gotten to big for it's briches over here. Sorry for I know your DH works there...

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have used coupons like that b4 at welland ave wm and I have never had a prob....maybe try doing it there

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

deep breath shlindz, i am sure able to share your ongoing frustrations with WM .however ,if the cashier would have had to write the price of the starter kit on the "buy a refill -get a starter kit " coupon then isnt that technically using a coupon for the refill ?( is it just me or is that confusing?).
    i know when i am planning out a coupon trip i write a list of everything incl. the weight of the product etc. what sometimes works out exactly in the peace and quiet of my home doesnt work out once i get to the cash register.
    i say dont waste your energy getting upset. kill them with kindness or walk away.
    l there are simply some people who should not work in customer service and i think cashiers should take some sort of test before being hired because i am constantly amazed at what horrible ambassadors they are for the companies they work for.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I'm not sure how things work.. my sisters got me some of the Scrubbing bubbles one step at walmart in Toronto.. I gave the coupons and the flyer to price match as they didn't have them in stock here..
    They used the $5 off coupon on the starter kit after price matching for a final cost of 2.87 and then used the BOGo (buy starter kit get refill free) to get the refill free.. so that was 2 coupons.. and it worked...

I've also used the B2g$2 off ziploc coupon AND the get $3 off bread wub 2 ziploc at the same time.. getting the 2 ziplocs and the bread for .30 (tax)

I would have asked for a manager because they do take competitor coupons.. somewhere I have a copy of their policy.. let me see if I can find it.. its the ones they actually give to staff

I'm sorry you had a frustrating shop..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

hmm after reading this again.. i wonder if the cashier considered it stacking?? maybe thats why she gave you an issue?

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

wow Millie do you have a pdf of that?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow thanks Millie! I'm almost certain the cashier considered it stacking, when it clearly wasn't. If I'm using a BOGO coupon that coupon value is for the free item. I'm just following the stipulations on the coupon and buying what it needs me to buy in order to use the coupon. Kind of like a prerequisite. I wish I had a better way to explain it to the cashiers. Maybe a picture drawing like a 5 year old would make lol. Ok I know that was rude, I'm just frustrated.

On another note, that coupon table just answered the coupon zone question. It says Walmart doesn't accept competitors coupons for dollars/cents off. Has to be a specific price. I guess it kind of answers the Rexall coupon book question as well. Well atleast the coupon zone coupons aren't a total loss because there are plenty of Loblaw stores in the area. Just a little extra driving around when the time comes.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I would think she must have thought you were "stacking" because of the wording for the coupon......
    if i recall it say "buy a refill get a starter kit" so technically you use that coupon once you have a refill and a starter kit ...i would think she though that because your "refill" had to be purchased to get the starter kit then maybe she thought you could not use another coupon on top of that????? sounds confusing and frustrating .....

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

You know, this morning at 4th Aue WM, my favourite CSM was working....I always go to her & ask any questions before I go to cash.....she's awesome! I recommend going to her next time ~ she's very nice, reasonable person to talk to, and welcomes coupons with no attitude.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherbear609 View Post
    wow Millie do you have a pdf of that?
    no sorry Sher .. what you see is what I got

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You didn't mention the csm's name Dinobuzz. I will gladly ask her before I stand in line with a screaming baby.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

There was a girl named amanda who rang me up there the other day 5'6 dark hair super nice and i had no issues (problem is you don't get to see the name tag till your already in line)

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

hmm i share your pain Shilndz for i have had major issues with that particular walmart on CZ coupons (even with managers) in the past few weeks so i promised myself i would only use manufacturer coupons there to save myself the embarrassment! who needs that hassle? some of the cashiers there are so itchy with coupons, its like you're stealing money from their personal bank accounts.
    they should have allowed you to use both coupons as that is definitely not stacking! you were using 2 different coupons on 2 different products so how is that not possible. i have found some really great cashiers there and some really terrible ones too whom even after being given the go ahead from a manager to accept a coupon still stall trying to find a wording on the coupon that allows them to deny you its usage.
    i pick my cashiers too, i try to get their faces imprinted in my memory (cos as cpals rightly said you don't get to see the name tags till you are already in line and its close to your turn) so i can peek and know if they are the friendly ones or not. i know most of them by face now but unfortunately you dont always meet the ones who are good with coupons on their shifts. i also read my coupons word for word so i dont get any embarrassments at the cash(and i have had a few).
    i think welland ave is better though except for me i live within walking distance of the 4th ave wm so its way more convenient to go over there if i need something else within the week that i didnt get already. however, i try to do my weekly shop at wm welland ave.
    Last edited by couponing4life; Mon, Nov 7th, 2011 at 10:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information