User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Shawnigan Lake, BC (originally from Newfoundland)
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

So today I decided to use up some of my coupons and a GC I had so I headed off to Country Grocer to get some things on sale. I was using various different looking coupons for various products (1 coupon per item) and I had a websaver.ca coupon for $1 off Olivieri. So my cashier called over another cashier and she sternly looked at me with a raised voice and said "where did you get all these." I said various sources and that one (Olivieri) is from websaver.ca.

So she ran off with that coupon to the customer service desk and a lady there was checking into it flipping through their binder, she then came back to me and said I have to go check on this so she went out back somewhere and came back to the customer service desk..all the while they had to suspend my order (I was there with my 1 year old). So she then called websaver.ca and got no answer and she came back to me and said I don't know where you got this..off the internet someplace. I said no I ordered it from the internet and they sent it to me in the mail. She said oohh I thought you printed it yourself. I said no..and she apologized and the other cashier who first asked me about them mumbled sorry underneath her breath. They were just so rude, accusatory and their apologies were not even sincere. Needless to say I rarely go to Country Grocer and will likely not be back.
    This thread is currently associated with: Country Grocer, Websaver

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yikes!! Thanks for the heads up.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Wow! I definitely won't be checking them out. Sometimes I forget that some people out there, even working in stores, don't know about internet coupons or coupons from sites like websaver.

Follow me on Pinterest!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Well for me it was just they way they handled it..they accused me before they even asked me where I got it. The coupon has watermarks on the back which I would not have been able to print but it was like they were just trying to catch me doing something wrong and were on a mission. I am glad it all worked out in the end.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Thanks for posting this. I often pm GC at Superstore, but I haven't visited the store for awhile. I won't be in any hurry to drive out there. I don't understand why some cashiers get so up in arms! I had a rude lady at Walmart the other day, and she made me feel like I was a cheater somehow and got very irritated with my coupons (I only had 2!) I feel your pain!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Well I had the same at Walmart the other day. I was using several printable $3 Loreal Men's expert coupons and the cashier and a customer service rep both were at her till talking under their breath and delaying my purchase. They took them but wavered on it for a little while.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mmacmurchy View Post
    Well I had the same at Walmart the other day. I was using several printable $3 Loreal Men's expert coupons and the cashier and a customer service rep both were at her till talking under their breath and delaying my purchase. They took them but wavered on it for a little while.

Ooo I had a nightmare experience with those coupons at Walmart. The customer service manager was extremely rude to me about the whole ordeal and then told me there is a limit of 6 when using coupons per product and wouldn't let me do the 10 that I had... I held my cool though, was polite enough... I won't even go into detail but all the problems came from the cashier not me messing up the transaction and not giving me a proper receipt... I did nothing wrong!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In regards to the experience you had at Country Grocer Cobble Hill: Please accept our sincere apology for the way you were treated. We will definitley be following up with our Store Manager and Front End Manager to ensure this doesn't happen again. Again sorry for the experience you had in our store and for bringing it to our attention. Sincerely, the Team at Country Grocer.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I don't get down to that location often but haven't had a problem when I've been there.
    Last edited by maple188; Mon, Nov 14th, 2011 at 09:16 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CGrocer View Post
    In regards to the experience you had at Country Grocer Cobble Hill: Please accept our sincere apology for the way you were treated. We will definitley be following up with our Store Manager and Front End Manager to ensure this doesn't happen again. Again sorry for the experience you had in our store and for bringing it to our attention. Sincerely, the Team at Country Grocer.
    I just want to say thanks to Country Grocer for looking into the issue and as much as we often share the bad word of mouth, good word of mouth is very valuable and the team at Country Grocer are making it right and I appreciate their commitment to maintaining great customer service at their stores. The Marketing Manager at CG has a profile on SmartCanucks as seen above in case anyone is wondering.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Thats always frustrating! I've had excellent coupon experiences at Country Grocer!!

Had an issue last night at walmart with the Loreal ones. What a pain in the butt. Last time I was there I was told only 6 add matches, which is fine and in the morning I used more than 6 of one coupon.(not add matching.)
    That night when I went in with the loreal ones after the cashier rang my whole order she needed an over ride there was only one supervisor on and she was busy so she told the cashier to put the person behind me thru and suspend my order. My friend behind me had a bunch of coupons. When both of us were finished the supervisor came over and wouldnt over ride it! She said they had to put thru no more that 6. She made the cashier start all over again and by that time her shift was over. The cashier was excellent, she re did our whole orders. I told the supervisor every time I come in here the rules have changed. It holds every one up. If we knew it had changed we would have done everything differently! VERY FRUSTRATING!

Karma Canuck
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

is this duncan walmart? i was told no more than 6 of the exact same coupon about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

I have found it is hit or miss with the staff at Country Grocer however as soon as you bring something to the management attention they are on it right away.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

It is the Duncan one. I was told weeks ago 6 on an ad match, And have used more than 6 many times since(with no ad match )It annoys me! I don't want to hold up the line, I want to follow the rules but seriously every time I'm in there I'm told something different. I wish they would have it posted in all the stores. Even the policies online they follow some of the policy and not other parts of it.
    I'm guess they have a lot of staff who may not be keeping up to date on the changes as they happen so often.

Karma Canuck
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by daypassdel View Post
    It is the Duncan one. I was told weeks ago 6 on an ad match, And have used more than 6 many times since(with no ad match )It annoys me! I don't want to hold up the line, I want to follow the rules but seriously every time I'm in there I'm told something different. I wish they would have it posted in all the stores. Even the policies online they follow some of the policy and not other parts of it.
    I'm guess they have a lot of staff who may not be keeping up to date on the changes as they happen so often.
    i only go down to the duncan one once a month or so, but its always different. each time i have had "confrontations" with the "supervisors" the last 2 times they told me i coulnd tuse a coupon because the item was not in the picture, altho it read "any" LOL.

Thread Information