User Tag List

NBcouponer
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I thought it might be fun for us local couponers to see how we're making out with the holiday planning, given the holidays are just around the corner...

Would anyone like to submit tips, information, or just general thoughts?

I can tell you that I am ahead of the game so far this year compared to last year, and have already started my Christmas shopping. Last year I did the bulk of it on Christmas Eve, and that was kind of a nightmare...I want to at all avoid that this year, lol.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Great idea!

So far I have some stocking stuffers for DBF, and have put out my Nutcrackers and a few little vignettes.

On my to-do list:
    Set up tree
    Make decorations
    Get evergreen boughs to put *everywhere*
    Finalize gift lists for people and order/make things
    Make things for the group of friends
    Finalize baking list and finish baking stuff/storing most of it in the freezer
    Choose day to fly home for Christmas holidays
    Get kitty stocking stuffers
    Plan get-togethers for home with chums
    Decorate the rest of the condo and the balcony once Dec. 1 hits (no lights allowed on balcony til then )

I think that's it. Lots of detail involved in making the lists.

Follow me on Pinterest!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

im nearly done my shopping as well. kids are done, just need one gift for MIL and one for hubby. and a few little things for my parents to fill their basket.
    my to do list:
    put up tree
    wrap presents
    bake 'goodies'
    put together 4 baskets.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've got all but 2 people done as far as shopping goes (I shopped till I dropped last weekend in Bangor) and I just finished my Xmas cards tonight. I put up my few decorations on Sunday so once I finish those 2 people (hopefully next week), wrap my gifts (the following week) I'll be able to kick up my feet, relax, and sip my eggnog
    I earned over $150 in free gift cards last year. Click HERE if you want to earn your free gift cards too! All the cool couponers are doing it

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

This is my tip. I just purchased an apps for my Android smart phone. It is called Gift List Manager Pro. It was about $2-3. There is a free version but it is not password protect and you know how dangerous that can be!

It is the greatest thing ever. It organizes people into groups, you have a cumulative totals for people, groups and occasions, it lets you take a photo of the gift you purchased, there is a barcode scanner and it is password protect. You can ask for a list of the remaining gifts you need to purchase. In one word I love it!

NBcouponer
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

One of my shopping tips is an old one, but one that I use constantly as it helps me stay within budget - use lists before you go out shopping. I found that before I joined Smartcanucks earlier this year, I occasionally used lists, but more often than not, I went out shopping without a plan and probably ended up spending double the amount I had originally thought I would.

With lists, I find I have way more control over what I'm going to be spending, as I already know what everything will cost (for the most part), and in a way, it is easy to stay within that budget before I even step foot into a store. It also has dual benefits besides financial ones, being time management benefits, if you are generally pressed for time (which I'm sure most of us are), it's great to have a list, even when unexpected things creep up, like the product wasn't in stock, oh well, I know that I can most likely get a raincheck depending where I shopped.

So for me personally, lists = staying within a budget and saving me time.

Happy holiday shopping everyone!

Thread Information