User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today, I parked in the Midtown parking lot for about 7 hours expecting to pay the usual $12 daily maximum (or lost ticket) price. I shopped the mall while my husband was at the YMCA for a judo tournament. I was shocked to be charged $25 at the wicket. When I pointed to the sign suggesting the $12 daily rate, the cashier said that between Nov. 15 and Jan. ??? the price is $25 for anything more than 6 hours to prevent mall workers from parking in the lot all day. And yes, she pointed to the sign and underneath the usual rates in small print was the notice about the $25 charge. This is robbery and will surely prevent me from shopping at the mall or downtown during this period of time. My husband and several hundred other people at the judo tournament would have had to pay this ridiculous charge. I wanted to post this so other shoppers in Saskatoon could avoid this nasty surprise.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Is there anyway you can challange the charge with the owners?

At the worst you will have lost the time and assoicated costs. Go back and take photo's of the notice. And get every -one who had to pay this fee to contest the charge..

Make a huge fuss....I did one time and got my over-time fee reduced from $300 to the normal $50 since they had moved the extended parking to the hourly parking without changing the times.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks, kj, for the warning! Not that I plan to brave Midtown, but one never knows!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

WOW! Thank you! That is is insane!
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

WOW ...I used to work there. No such charge then. I can see it if you were parked in the lot behind Sears. That was a big problem then. Mind you that was before everything went automatic. I can only imagine the abuse the cashiers take from that. I feel for them. Truthfully it sounds like a cash grab to me as the dates just happen to coincide with the holiday season.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So where do the mall employees park from February to October? I would expect a number of these employees would be using public transit. It's more likely a money grab during a very busy time.

Good luck getting some of your money back...looks like they've got it covered by the "fine print". I don't go to the downtown mall much anymore, and when I do, it's only for an hour or two and I have my secret parking spots.

Thread Information