User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

If you can find a catering supply shop like Presto, they have a lot of baking and cleaning supplies at at a reduced rate even for non-caterers like me.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Generally most items were more expensive at Bulk Barn compared to retail store sales, loss leaders and combining with coupons.
    There are a few exceptions, and you need to know your prices per unit cost.

The only things that I buy at Bulk Barn are items that I can not obtain elsewhere, on sale and combined with their coupon.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

chcolate chips & melting wafers & Sugars are cheaper in bulk. Pasta is WAY cheaper in bulk. Spices are also cheaper & you can buy small ammounts so they don't go stale. Same with things like sprinkles, nuts & misc baking supplies
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

^^ totally agree with this. I buy the chocolate wafers for melting and they are so much cheaper than buying elsewhere. Ditto with other baking supplies, like sprinkles, sprays, coloured sugar, etc.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought some chai tea there a few weeks ago to try it. I paid about $0.70 for a little bag and have had about 10 generous mugs of tea from it....that was much cheaper than the stores. I also like how you can rent cake pans from them. I wanted to get a pan for my little guy for his birthday and it cost me $15 to buy it.....could have rented it for $2.....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought coffee creamer at Bulk Barn at $4.00 per 450 grams. I found the same product at No Frills Supermarket for $2.47 for the same quantity. I compared the two, and found that the No Frills product was better. You have to shop wisely, as I've found other products more expensive at Bulk Barn than at supermarkets.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I normally buy spices at Bulk Barn too. There's no point in buying a small jar of spices at the grocery store for $4-$5 a pop when you can get the same for dollars cheaper. Or buy what you immediately need for a recipe.

Plus it's nice when they get in new products and you can test out a smaller amount to see if you like it.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I love bulk barn, it's somewhere I actually LOVE shopping. The prices are not ALWAYS right, but you have to shop smart. Compare prices. Just take some time to write down regular/sale prices of things you might buy in bulk in their standard sized packages.

Yeast is way cheaper. I can get the same amount of yeast I would in a jar for $2 as opposed to $6.

Spices and sprinkles are my favorite to get. Sprinkles are great, you have the selection of premium kinds (like shaped ones, different color mixes) without the jacked-up price for seasonal products. You could get dinosaur sprinkles in a cake mate container from Walmart for about $6 for 80ish grams or you could buy dino mix sprinkles from bulk barn for maybe $1.25 per hundred grams.

I also get colored sugar for a good price. I can usually get about 100g for a dollar, or, again, get 100g of a few different colors for $6 from walmart.

They also carry lots of different specialty items like glutinous wheat flour, unflavored gelatin, etc. The specialty flour is always a jacked up price in regular stores for a tiny bag.

They also sometimes have excellent clearout prices on things, so that sways my decision...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information