User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Since I'm going to be a first time gramma this spring I want to start buying some diapers and other baby needs. I'd like my daughter to have a nice little stock pile going when baby arrives. I haven't bought diapers and such in years so I have no idea what good prices are these days. I did sign her up for all the baby freebies. What else should I be checking out, coupon/freebie wise? Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Spring Shoes
    "Never will you get a better psychological subject than a hungry cat" Dr. E. Thorndike
    "Never ask a hungry cat whether he loves you for you alone" L. Camuti

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I won't pay more than $0.18 a diaper and have paid well below that several times. I buy Pampers, by the way. HTH
    pinkflowergirl86

RRLF most baby related coupons! PM me!

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I won't pay more than $.15/diaper, but I can usually get them for $.10/diaper. You can get really good deals if you trade for some of the higher value coupons out there.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Be sure to hit some of the spring Mom-to-Mom sales and garage sales for baby equipment and clothing. You won't need things like an exersaucer or jolly jumper right when the baby is born, so it's good timing to look for some of those items secondhand in the spring.

Clothing can be a big expense if she doesn't get a lot of hand-me-downs. The focus may be on baby clothes right now, but if you see clothes in excellent condition in size 3, buy them! Most kids seem to wear that size for a while, so it's likely she'll eventually be able to wear them in whatever season the clothing is. I was taken by surprise when I suddenly realized one August thatI needed to buy an entire fall/winter wardrobe in size 3 for DS when he was 17 months old. I nearly went into a panic, as those clothes were new in the store and not on for a good price at that point!

Diapers: $0.10 each in newborn to size 3, $0.15 to $0.20 in sizes 4-6 (with size six being a good price in the $0.20 range and $0.15 to $0.17 being a great price in size 4)

Formula: $20.00 or less after coupons for a container of name-brand formula. Store brands are much cheaper.

Soap: $2.00 after coupons is a great price for J&J products.

Wipes: Usual sale price is about $2.00 a refill pack, good prices are $1.50-$1.80 a pack.

Thread Information