User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey everyone,
    I have been asked to meet with some directors of a large grocery chain next week to discuss coupon usage in their stores. They want input on making it a win win for both the retailer and the shopper.

What kinds of things would you like to see, or know?

I am going into this looking for how it works on their side and to get a feel for what they can do for us, so we have smoother transactions and more savings.

They came to me after one of their staff attended my class...so they are curious about what we are all up to and what can bring more people to their stores.

I am not going to say what grocery chain until I confirm with them if I can release any info we discuss...but I do want to know what YOU all want me to ask or find out.

Thank you for any feedback.

Ruth Ann
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Check out Moncton Coupon Lady on Facebook...I will try to update with deals in the local stores, as well as hosting coupon swaps and more fun Locally!

" <3 saving $$$ "
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The BIGGEST problem is when the cashier can't figure out if it's the right product, on the coupon ...even if there is a picture on it! They need to educate their staff on what to look for in a coupon, ie:brand name, size, and what it excludes.
    I find it takes way to long for some cashiers to figure it out, thus, slowing down the line and wasting my "precious" time. haha

Also, companies get reimburse for the face value of the coupon, so I don't get why they would lower the value of the coupon even if the product is less than the coupon.
    They are ripping us off and also manufactures.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Cashiers need to be informed of their own coupon policies.... ( yes I am a cashier LOL) as far as printables go... one of my co-workers told me she wouldnt accept the $1 arctic gardens coupon, because she couldnt remember if we take those coupons or not.... I would have been really mad if that happened to me! ( you know which grocery store I work at Ruthie!)
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

How about explaining them the difference of "1 per transaction" and "1 per purchase"?
    If you are thinking of joining Listia, use my referral http://www.listia.com/signup/736035

Why not give swagbucks a try?? You'll be glad you did! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/bonste

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

What about stacking? No reason why if there are two different bar codes you can't use both for one product?
    also
    -make sure its a Canadian address for rebate
    - why do we have to pay tax on the cost before coupon, considering the fact that when a store has a sale we only pay the tax on the sale price and not shelf price ( I still can't get my head around this one).
    - limiting quantities is not such a bad idea to avoid shelf clearers and frustrating other shoppers.

Just my thoughts. Good for you to do this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Janne, They contacted me...so I am definitely taking this opportunity to put my thoughts out there, but also wanted to get feedback from other couponers. I think it is a wonderful opportunity to be heard.

So excited to take everyone's feedback to them.
    Thanks everyone!

Ruth Ann
    Check out Moncton Coupon Lady on Facebook...I will try to update with deals in the local stores, as well as hosting coupon swaps and more fun Locally!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Please bring up stacking to them. If retailers (London Drugs and Save On Foods) can do it in Alberta, there's not reason they can't do it here. I really don't think they need to be concerned that people will go to the extremes of Extreme Couponing, but I wouldn't mind there being limits to the number of items you can buy with coupons because I don't beleive in shelf clearers. Nobody needs 20 bottles of anything.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amester View Post
    The BIGGEST problem is when the cashier can't figure out if it's the right product, on the coupon ...even if there is a picture on it! They need to educate their staff on what to look for in a coupon, ie:brand name, size, and what it excludes.
    I find it takes way to long for some cashiers to figure it out, thus, slowing down the line and wasting my "precious" time. haha

Also, companies get reimburse for the face value of the coupon, so I don't get why they would lower the value of the coupon even if the product is less than the coupon.
    They are ripping us off and also manufactures.
    This made me think maybe there should be "wanted dead or alive" type posters for training purposes. And instead of having criminals faces on them they would have a picture of the coupon and all the elements to look for circled. LOL They should be trained on these and on the look out for the coupons becasue they (the retailer) want the coupons. They could be posted in the back staff room, customer service and even on bulliten boards at the front of the store.

Retailers should be begging for our business. If coupons and being able to use them smoothly,gets me into their store they should feel honoured. 9 out of 10 times I spend more and even purchase products I don't have coupons for if my experience is snmooth. I think this happens because if I am "couponing" at a store I tend to spend a lot of time in the store instead of rushing in and out. This walking around often opens my eyes to more products and new products.

Cashiers need to be made aware that all money from coupons is returned to the retailer. They make money for each and every coupon.

...Steps off soapbox
    Help my FRIENDS Son get to Halifax. He just made the ONTARIO SPEED Skating team!
    http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/se...ifax/x/2470682
    I started my own blog for friends and family!http://tracyscouponexperiments.blogspot.com/

" <3 saving $$$ "
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

GREAT feedback everyone, I will be sharing it all with them!
    Thank you and I look forward to some changes hopefully!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I know at w.m. they r supposed to have a copy of the policy at every cash. maybe other dtores should do that too. they should also put their policy clearly writen on their web site so that we could find it. make sure they specify which policy goes with which location. It gets frustrating that not all the same store(example all the Zellers) have all the same policy.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Another great ideal. How about having those discount cards like they have in the states. the ones where you can load up online and when you get to the store , you give them the card and it automaticaly takes those savings off the purchases. It would also be nice if they could be used in conjunction with coupons.
    Last edited by C.RoyCanada; Fri, Jan 13th, 2012 at 06:56 AM.

Thread Information