User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Extreme Cheapskates

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I just saw the latest episode. I wonder about the food choices the lady made, she doesn't know how long the meat dishes have been sitting outside for, I'd just worry about spoilage. I know the girl who visited thought her kitchen stove being disconnected was weird, but I see that being frugal and I would do that right now if I had to pay for gas. I hardly use more than 2 burners anyway. Currently I use a toaster oven more frequently instead of the large oven. I am usually just cooking for myself (as my husband works a different schedule we can't eat together).

Living in a university town, I can see how she could find suitable furniture at the side of the road. We have in the past gotten furniture from friends, family members and neighbours. I'd worry about bedbugs and creepy crawlies from furniture roadside though. I had once slept on gym mats during a trip and they were surprizingly comfortable. I also spent two years sleeping on an air mattress. So I don't see anything wrong with her doing what is comfortable for her. I now have a comfy bed and wouldn't want to go back to the air mattress days.

I have cut my own hair, and it turned out fairly well. I'd love to give her a lesson on how to properly cut her hair, so that it looks a little better and stylish. The only extreme thing about her I think was the dumpster food and maybe the clothing choices like the 12 year old shorts (but I think I have 15 year old clothing in my closet, so hard to get rid of things).
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i watched the show for the first time

peeing and defecating in a bottle was utterly disgusting!

and dump diving, is sickening and unhygenic

these folks make me look like a " big spender"
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

This is why I hate these shows. It's bad enough couponers have it hard and than these stupid people make us look like them when that is not the case. I would never do dump diving, I would never eat food that came out of a garbage and I am sorry I am a diva LOL. Yes, I like to save my money, but I am not that cheap lol. That is not even cheap that is just disgusting. These people should not be proud of themselves.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I saw some of these people on Anderson last week and I still can't understand how only flushing the toilet once a week even works. I guess they must be too cheap to eat, 'cause there's no way a week's worth of "stuff" is going to flush, not to mention the smell
    Some of the ideas are great, but some are just crazy. When it comes to saving money vs a risk to my health, I'm going to choose my own safety.
    Earn Paypal $ or Amazon gift cards every week doing searches and surveys with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/xXtiggerXx
    Earn quick money with short/easy surveys from Legerweb: https://legerweb.com/FOF6P

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Bad enough to try and get your new man to pee in a bottle, but when she found cakes in the dumpster and was going to feed her guests this for dessert!!! Thank god this show is not filmed in Canada. I;ve always known that some of the people down here in the states were cheap, but this takes it to an entirely different level ")
    Natalka likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I watched an episode the other night, the one where the guy doesn't use toilet paper and instead had hooked up a sink hose thing to his toilet to use instead of toilet paper. It was strange yes but the thing that made me scratch my head was that he would do that (and to me that is sort of a waste of water) but refused to use tap water or buy water to drink so instead he drove his beaten probably not legal to even be on the road truck I don't know how many miles down the road to get water from a creek. I would think the cost of gas etc would be comparable to just getting a glass of water from the sink?

Ugh and then there was the guy whos wife really wanted to go to the movies and was surprised that her husband took her. When she didnt want to eat the apple he brought for her to eat he went and dug out of the garbage a used popcorn bag and cup since that theater gave free refills. I felt so bad for her and to me thats pretty gross. I agree that food at the theater is expensive but I'd rather do without then do that! I'm all for saving money but some of these people are just way to extreme!
    Natalka, xXtiggerXx and natynat like this.
    free stuff with swagbucks! Give it a try : > http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/karottz

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by steen View Post
    I watched an episode the other night, the one where the guy doesn't use toilet paper and instead had hooked up a sink hose thing to his toilet to use instead of toilet paper. It was strange yes but the thing that made me scratch my head was that he would do that (and to me that is sort of a waste of water) but refused to use tap water or buy water to drink so instead he drove his beaten probably not legal to even be on the road truck I don't know how many miles down the road to get water from a creek. I would think the cost of gas etc would be comparable to just getting a glass of water from the sink?

Ugh and then there was the guy whos wife really wanted to go to the movies and was surprised that her husband took her. When she didnt want to eat the apple he brought for her to eat he went and dug out of the garbage a used popcorn bag and cup since that theater gave free refills. I felt so bad for her and to me thats pretty gross. I agree that food at the theater is expensive but I'd rather do without then do that! I'm all for saving money but some of these people are just way to extreme!
    Free refill guy that's stealing from the theatre.The water guy is just crazy that creek water is filled with all sorts of stuff like raw sewage.They think they are saving money but spending more money on other stuff like the gas.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oy, I watched several of these episodes and was mortified by most of it!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I also watched the one where the husband took out a bag of popcorn from the garbage and two empty cups and got free refills. How low is that? Your wife deserves to be treated once in a while...no matter how cheap you are...and you feed her someone else's garbage. I can't watch that show...it makes me so sick.
    saveadollardiva likes this.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've gotten free furniture.... i.e nice desks, cabinets, shelves, nothing wrong with that!
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I agree with you frugal50, there are some things that you can get for free, but eating garabge is just pushing it lol
    xXtiggerXx likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Definitely shouldn't be reading this thread while I'm eating lunch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information