User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

I'm curious if anyone uses Silversteins in WIndsor for their produce . If so, do you find their produce for the most part vastly cheaper then the grocery stores...I'm just curious, as I find I do. Maybe because I go in the afternoon and grab a lot of the $1 bags for clearence (produce is always good, just needs to be gone I guess). Banana's I buy a ton of (5 kids), and they are usually 39-49 cents a pound. I went today, and did about $25 and filled a cart of produce and a basket . It's not always that good, but I do do well there.

WOndering what others think?
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love it there! I have a large family and they tend to go through stuff really fast so it's perfect for us. Last year when I had my fam bbq, the big bag of shredded lettuce that they use for restaurants was $1 a bag! I also used to order produce from them when I managed a Tim Hortons.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I shop there too. I dont live near there but when I do go to the mall i tend to stop by and see what they have. My mom always shops there and buys stuff for me sometimes. I love it there since, like you said, they are a lot cheaper than grocery stores. I also go to Jeff's produce where I think it is around the same prices as Silverstein's.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I didn't realize they were open to the public, I thought they were just a wholesaler. They're to far out for me but maybe I'll stop there next time I go to the mall.
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

They're open to the public Wed-Sat. If you go around back, they have their store set up. I'm pretty central, so it's only 10 minutes away, and it's en route for many of my trips around town.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    353 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hlussier View Post
    the big bag of shredded lettuce that they use for restaurants was $1 a bag!
    I remember picking up the shredded lettuce for $1 to!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Its a great place to shop. make sure you get there as early as possible as the best stuff goes quickly. They are open at 8:00 a.m. Wed to Sat.

Thread Information