User Tag List

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Did you know L’Oreal owns:
    L'Oréal Paris, Garnier, Maybelline New York, Softsheen.Carson, CCB Paris, L'Oréal Professionnel, Kérastase, Redken, Matrix, Mizani, Pureology, Shu Uemura Art of Hair, Lancôme, Biotherm, Helena Rubinstein, Kiehl's, Shu Uemura, Giorgio Armani, Ralph Lauren Cacharel Viktor & Rolf, Diesel, YSL, Beauté Maison, Martin Margiela, Stella McCartney, Vichy, La Roche Posay, innéov, Skinceuticals, Sanoflore, Roger&Gallet, The Body Shop

Did you know Estee Lauder owns:
    American Beauty, Aramis, Aveda, Bobbi Brown, Bumble and bumble, Clinique, Coach, Darphin, Donna Karan, Ermenegildo Zegna, , Estée Lauder, Flirt!, GoodSkin, Labs, Grassroots Research Labs, Jo Malone, Kiton, La Mer, Lab Series Skincare For Men, M•A•C, Michael Kors, Missoni, Ojon, Origins, Prescriptives, Sean John, Smashbox, Tom Ford, Tommy

What's your favorite? There might be some worth checking if your favorite department store product is found in a similar drug store product.
    This thread is currently associated with: Coach, Maybelline, The Body Shop

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I did know most of them but I thought it was Estee Lauder that owned l"oreal. OOPs

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yup and there is a reason there is a difference in price points. It all comes down to the amount of active ingredients in things like wrinkle creams.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i knew about l'oreal's companies but i didn't know estee lauder owned so many high end brands
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    Yup and there is a reason there is a difference in price points. It all comes down to the amount of active ingredients in things like wrinkle creams.

the funny thing is that isn't always the case.
    a lot of it is marketing. Once you educate yourself about exactly which ingredients do what and how stable or unstable certain ingredients are, what makes them lose their potency, what preserves it etc, you would be shocked at how the cosmetics industries plays ppl for suckers.

they use various terms and ways of phrasing things. they will have one specific ingredient, and list all the things that ingredients does (on the label) and they don't say "this ingredient does 4 dif things" they just try to make it sound like they have a slew of ingredients that are performing various functions.

i can read the ad or label on a product and know exactly what ingredient they have included in the formula to make these claims. 99% of the time, i look at the ingredient list and am right on!

there are so many products that are effing expensive. their formulation sucks. the package sucks. the ingredient that is supposed to be the active ingredient has been put in a formula that negates the properties of that ingredient. they make the package fancy, charge a price point that convinces ppl it must be good quality. put some fragrance in it because they know women are suckers for something that smells good.

the sad thing is the ppl at the counter, in the beauty dept are salespeople, and are paid to repeat what the company has told them to say. they usually believe what they are saying, but never, ever actually understand what they are saying.

i'm not jumping all over you, please don't take it that way! just thought that it was a statement that is unfortunatly believed to be true by so many, when it actually isn't.

i have asked been asked by a dumbfounded dept store saleslady if i was a chemist. this is how little they really know and understand.

that said, estee lauder actually has decent products, but they are very overpriced. i used to buy estee lauder when i was young and had lots of money and no responsibility! not anymore, but that is ok, because i have so much info now, i know what to buy that is easier on my pocket
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

Anisa I totally agree. Many drugstore brands are as well-formulated as their department counterparts! If you are uncertain look up the beauty Guru Paula Begoun.

Thread Information