User Tag List

Thread: Walmart policy

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    371 (100%)

I was at Walmart today and they informed me that their coupon policy is once again changing. Apparently now all coupons must have bar codes on them to be valid. I thought all coupons did, but some don't (like the highliner ones). She accepted my coupons today but I'm sure they'll be cracking down soon.

Also a couple weeks ago I tried to use the printed $3.00 off Childrens tylenol from the Right at Home website and they would not accept it because all printed coupons must actually state "manufacturer's coupon" on it, and this one didn't. Is that an old policy or new?

Hope this helps!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

As far as I know the bar code policy has been in effect, but they dont enforce it. I think that one will vary cashier to cashier probably

Never heard that printable coupon one though..

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I actually have found them to be more relaxed lately than they were in the summer, but I do avoid certain cashiers as some seem to hate coupons and will always give you a hard time. To me that just their way of saying next time go to a different cashier.

What surprised me was that they will no longer give out rainchecks. I tried to get one for the Royale but the girl at customer service said someone pulled a big scam using rainchecks so the store manager decided to not give them out anymore. It sucks to be punished for the bad deeds of others.
    Last edited by BC Gal; Wed, Feb 1st, 2012 at 05:08 PM.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Very helpful. I'm in Chilliwack as well.

If it's free it's for me! newwestcouponer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I feel cashiers make it up as they go sometimes... And it depends who you go to how they'll treat you. For example I know usually walmart requires an expiry date to accept coupons, but the slim fast coupons that came a few weeks ago do not have an expiry date. So I just look for a young cashier who looks like they don't care..

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    113 (99%)

Agreed...depends on the cashier. Hailey at Save On is amazing. Wonderful young girl in her mid twenties...works Sunday and Monday's.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    371 (100%)

Does she do stacking at save-on? Every time I ask what their policy is they tell me that pretty much the only ones they will accept are the ones that say "limit 4 like coupons" like the old P&G ones. I've given up stacking there, but would love to hear from anyone who has had success recently!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponclipper12 View Post
    Does she do stacking at save-on? Every time I ask what their policy is they tell me that pretty much the only ones they will accept are the ones that say "limit 4 like coupons" like the old P&G ones. I've given up stacking there, but would love to hear from anyone who has had success recently!

I have had success at SOF, until today. Heard there was a new manager, and things have changed - no more stacking. Figured this was coming, just not so soon.

Thread Information