User Tag List

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Zellers: Countdown to Closing - POST YOUR DEAL FINDS HERE!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    Even at 10% my location is almost sold out of shampoo etc. Do people realize that is a terrible deal?
    I think most people are in the "Oh, 10% off!" mindset. They see sale, but don't bother to consider that 10% could mean as little as 10 cents.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2zach&emily View Post
    the Zellers in Guelph is still at 40 to 70 percent off, the last day is June 18. When I was talking to a cashier on Wednesday she told me that on June 2, about 90 percent of the employees are done and that everything is going to be 90 percent off. I am waiting for the toys to go to 50 percent off, there are a few things I want to get for my daughter for Christmas.
    Wow. 90% off in the last 2 weeks. I wonder if the Centrepoint store will have similar discounts soon. Don't know when our store will be closing, but it could also be June 18 as the starting date of sales is the same as the Guelph store you mentionned. The discounts should be 90% around the same time. By the way, does "everything" include food and "health and beauty"?

Also, I have noticed the Warden and Eglinton store is closing soon: the Country Style is now closed and the pharmacy is closing on May 30. Does anyone know when the sales will start at that store?
    Last edited by generalB1B; Mon, May 21st, 2012 at 02:13 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I wonder if that's because people were buying their shampoo as they normally would and the store just never reordered more? I was looking for Toilet Duck there many months ago and manager said they weren't ordering replacement stock of anything
    Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    Even at 10% my location is almost sold out of shampoo etc. Do people realize that is a terrible deal?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

we were at the Masonville mall location yesterday.. I about crapped my pants. it was like holy cow they have 75% of what we have.. and theirs is already 40-80% off.. so much still to choose from. thankfully we were able to get quite a few deals we missed out on. hubby finally got a tv wall mount he has been looking for for 2 years. I got a ring for my son for his grad. it was hanging on the jewellery stand with a tag on it for $7.97-70% off.. $2. its Sterling silver.. y it was on there.. they don't know.. but its mine now.. were def. going back to that one for sure before it closes. will have to see what ours is like tomorrow. if they increase the % at all. i don't personally think they are going to last long enough to get to 90% off with the amount they have at this point. if they do.. its going to be crazy. it will be mostly food and H&B.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    Boy, liquidation isn't happening here yet, but after reading this thread, I don't hold out much hope of getting any great bargains! Most of those "big" discounts seem similar to sale prices -- less, even, if they've marked things up to begin with.

Funny how people who don't know will buy stuff up at a "liquidation" sale, even if it isn't a great price!
    i think the sad truth is that most ppl don't actually care about buying something at regualr price, and whether that price is competitive or not.

if that was the case, stores like our beloved SDM would never survive! they count on those shoppers who just waltz in and pick up a couple of things, and a candy bar while waiting in line to pay

honestly, reading this thread i really don't feel at all motivated to drive 20 minutes down the freeway just to visit the nearest zellers liquidation store!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

one thing i never understood was their slogan from long ago.

it was something along the lines of

'at zellers the lowest price is the law... and at zellers we break the law" something idiotic like that.

i must have been in my teens, and everytime i walked by and saw that i would be like "so that means , your prices aren't the lowest"

they were telling us very directly that their prices were terrible. took us 20 years to finally figure it out ;p
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Anyone been to Blair at ogilvie location? Hoping for some cheap soap!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    we were at the Masonville mall location yesterday.. I about crapped my pants. it was like holy cow they have 75% of what we have.. and theirs is already 40-80% off.. so much still to choose from. thankfully we were able to get quite a few deals we missed out on. hubby finally got a tv wall mount he has been looking for for 2 years. I got a ring for my son for his grad. it was hanging on the jewellery stand with a tag on it for $7.97-70% off.. $2. its Sterling silver.. y it was on there.. they don't know.. but its mine now.. were def. going back to that one for sure before it closes. will have to see what ours is like tomorrow. if they increase the % at all. i don't personally think they are going to last long enough to get to 90% off with the amount they have at this point. if they do.. its going to be crazy. it will be mostly food and H&B.
    Thanks for the update! I've been avoiding that one, figured it would be one of the most popular ones and be almost empty. Guess I may have to take a trip over there this week!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    i'm just thankful that there is a place for us to share this info.... can you imagine walking in their blind, thinking you're actually getting a deal?
    I'm thankful too! It's been a tremendous help in deciding whether or not to go out and scavenge for stuff. Wasn't worth it for the last two weeks so I didn't go..didn't miss much really. Thanks everyone for keeping the discussion alive and kicking and posting any deal finds. Sadly, not as much as hoped but still a few good ones to be had.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Here's the report from Zellers Georgetown: We've hit the 60-80% discount bracket and it's slim pickings!

Long story short: it's officially feeling like a liquidation sale, with many shoppers scouring racks high and low for deals. line ups at price checkers and carts somewhat full of items despite the let down on selection.

And now for the long story:

Best deals for me were in the greeting cards and social stationery (stickers/crafts, scrapbook stuffs). Those are now at 60-80% off. Half the store is a mix of store fixtures for sale and empty shelves. Everything left is now moved to the middle and front half of the store. A lot of the "good stuff" were seemingly transferred out before they could move from the 30-40% discount levels; some never moved from 10-20%. A friend of mine (not an employee) said she heard that much of the bigger/best items were being sold on consignment so they were earmarked to be discounted to a pre-determined level and no more...if that's true, it seems that was the majority of the housewares, electronics, summer/outdoor items and a lot of the toys and baby items. MAkes sense I guess, they are trying to make money.

leftover electronics include lots of video games, a few cameras and accessories. Hardly anything left in housewares save for bathroom, some drapery and rods, a decent but not stellar selection of bedding and some pots/pans and kitchen gadgets. Miscellaneous tools, bulbs, flashlights and such for the house too. A lot of opened/damaged items and many without price stickers or sku's. Line ups at price checkers and an item I wanted (but was more of a "aww, so cute, let's get it but don't really need it kinda item) didn't have a sku so I left it...who knows how they'd determine the price since the shelf price stickers were no longer posted.

Clothing still hangs in around the 50% mark and prices are decent...selection for kids is mainly pyjama sets, some pants and shirts...LOTS of underclothing and finally at a decent markdown for liquidation. I'll probably pick up a few packs this week as I have no idea if they're hitting 60% or not.

Shoes...not much; they had a good run on discounts at the start of liquidation.

Men and ladies clothing, good selection @ 50-70% off. Tried to check out health and beauty section but dd was tired. Will check back this week...have been hoping for sales on diapers et al but not holding my breath. Looks like only the Teddy's Choice (Zellers store brand) will be on sale (currently around 30-50% off right now). Doubtful the rest will drop lower than the 20-30% I saw a couple weeks ago.

A few things left in food section: cereal, coffees, some snack foods (no chips! GRRRR!) and candies. Tuna, cookies, crackers, soups and the like are still there.

All in all, I'm happy with the items I have purchased during the liquidation. It wasn't nearly as great as I thought it'd be at the beginning but I still found some decent discounts on things I did need.

For the bramptonites, I hear the Zellers at Vodden/Kennedy will be one of the last to close and potentially stuff from stores closing earlier will end up there. Might be good to check out what the have now (that store may still have some of the "good/better/bigger" items) and grab 'em before they're gone.
    anisa likes this.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

our store has next to nothing left. the only thing left is detergents, soap, reading books, odd toys, candy, canned goods.
    i managed to get a few good deals and earned enough in points to get $10 free on Wednedsday when they are closing. hoping to score some tide. will see.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Does anyone know what the discount level is for the Masonville and Westmount stores is in london. Last time I was in it was 50-80% just wondering if they have moved over to the 70-90% off yet?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tabetham View Post
    Does anyone know what the discount level is for the Masonville and Westmount stores is in london. Last time I was in it was 50-80% just wondering if they have moved over to the 70-90% off yet?
    Haven't been since last week (was at the 50-80%). I heard Westmount doesn't close until June 18th (I imagine Masonville is the same since they started their sales on the same day). Will probably check it out next week to see if there is much left.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I was at Zellers the other day and they had Lacoupe shampoo for 2.09, used my 2.00 off coupon and got them for 9 cents.
    Which I think is excellent for shampoo. Otherwise nothing really worth the discount.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

not sure on the savings yet at the other two stores. im sure its rather close to ours as they are only weeks apart in closing dates. will likely check em out within the next few weeks.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information