• 1 Post By jadedlu
  • 1 Post By petrinaverbic
  • 1 Post By nicole vernon
  • 1 Post By Britanica

Thread: Wrinkles and age spots, oh my!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Today I finished my Olay wrinkle revolution complex, and I swear my skin looks worse than before I started using it. At 53, my skin looks sallow, sun spotted and has a few choice looking wrinkles. Does anyone have any ideas for a good moisturizer that would help with these problems. I do also wear sunscreen everyday, SPF 50 La roche posay. This morning I stole some of my daughter's moisture cream from Lush.
    This thread is currently associated with: Lush, Olay
    petrinaverbic likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Jadedlu, I know of a product that new to Canada which is backed by scientific results not just hype that evens out skin tones, decreases fine lines and wrinkles, decreases pore size and tightens loose skin. I have been using this product for over 3 months and my results have been fantastic. The product is Optimera Contact me and I wlll be glad to share my personal results with you.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rosierey52; Tue, Sep 23rd, 2014 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Remove photo

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I recommend you check out a skin care line called Monsia. It has really helped my skin and my mother uses it as well and there is quite a difference in her skin as far as it looking younger and more radiant. It contains Hyaluronic acid which is well known to treat wrinkles as well as shea and aloe for sensitive skin types or those who have issues with skin conditions like eczema

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well if you really tired of all such creams and moisturizers, why don't you take treatment over it from any skin care clinic?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Many people want to look younger but are not ready for surgery, nor do they even require extensive cosmetic surgery. Thankfully there are ways to reverse the signs of aging without recovery or downtime.

XEOMIN™ – for Wrinkles & Anti-Aging

Botox™ – Wrinkles & Fine Lines

For free consultation you may call @ 416.960.2222
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sam0909 View Post
    I recommend you check out a skin care line called Monsia. It has really helped my skin and my mother uses it as well and there is quite a difference in her skin as far as it looking younger and more radiant. It contains Hyaluronic acid which is well known to treat wrinkles as well as shea and aloe for sensitive skin types or those who have issues with skin conditions like eczema
    I use Monsia Skincare, they are a Canadian company aren't they? I agree with you. I stated using this product line last December and I love it. Incidentally tell your mum to look at the new product line they have introduced, a Skin Lightening Cream. I think I will add this to my arsenal of anti-aging products.

My apologies Sam, your mum already is using it!
    Last edited by AddyB; Tue, Jun 9th, 2015 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Didn't read Sam's post properly!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You should drink lot of water, as it maintains skin's elasticity, and also you can use aloe vera. It is a great natural beauty product for skin. it removes maximum damage and also strengthen your skin.
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You have to keep in mind that skin is a reflection of the inside. Your skin is your biggest organ after all :p be sure you are drinking enough water and getting enough vitamins and minerals.
    barbis9 likes this.
    Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Are you wearing sunscreen every day of the year? Alot of people don't realize that it is everyday sun exposure - going to and from work, outside, etc that adds up.

I can't use SPF 50 La roche posay or any of their products due to skin sensitivity. I found Clinique City Block spf 25 works great as it is a physical blocking sunscreen versus a chemical one.

Lastly wrinkling at 53 is normal. No cream on the market is going to eliminate wrinkles. Don't believe the hype. A great reference is Paula Begoin's beautypedia website where they rate skin care products and explain the truth about wrinkle claims:

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would suggest a retin-a product if you aren't using one already. Retin A has been proven scientifically to reduce wrinkles. A moisturizer without retinoids isn't going to do much. Maybe go to a derm and get a prescription. You can read more about retinoids here http://www.webmd.com/beauty/aging/re...for-aging-skin

I would also recommend using a vitamin c serum underneath your daily sunscreen; it will enhance your sunscreen's protection and may decrease hyperigmentation and fine lines. Note that I said "may", it doesn't work for everyone but it's worth a try. I would recommend Cosmetic Skin Solutions or Skinceuticals. You can read more vitamin c serum reviews here http://www.bestvitcserum.com/

For something over the counter try a moisturizer with retinoids; ones that I've heard are decent include Avene Eluage... maybe ROC... read the reviews on Makeupalley

Thread Information