• 1 Post By mrssnowstorm
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By ravelron

Thread: goodwill toronto sales

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

they used to have 50% off every friday but i went into my local store and they told me this is how theyre doing it now:

textiles are 25% off if you spend up to $10, 35% off from $10-$20, 50% off $20 and up.
    sun-mon, certain tag colours are 75% off.
    tues-sat, certain items are 2 for 1. i got 4 books for $5, big savings there since their books can be expensive. ive gotta go back on 2 for 1 plate day hehe.

hopefully other bargain hunters will be glad for the info
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thanks for posting this information! Wish I had read it earlier so I could have scoped out a store on Friday. Will keep information in mind for future visit.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

no prob i was at the burnhamthorpe store yesterday and got 2 shirts for $2.50. im closer to the erin mills location but the other store is way better organized and has better deals (just a tip!).
    Ciel likes this.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Do you guys know if there are locations in downtown Toronto? I'm a huge thrifter (as in I only shop at thrift stores unless I need undergarments) and moving to Toronto worries me because I have never seen a thrift store or Value Village etc. I know of some great vintage places on Queen West but vintage doesn't equal cheap and with rent prices I won't be able to afford vintage anymore unless it's from the thrift store.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There's a Goodwill at Sherbourne & Bloor. They usually have a 50% off everything or 75% tag sale each week. Also Double Take at Parliament & Gerrard. Not as big but I've found some decent picture frames to repaint.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DozSaver View Post
    There's a Goodwill at Sherbourne & Bloor. They usually have a 50% off everything or 75% tag sale each week. Also Double Take at Parliament & Gerrard. Not as big but I've found some decent picture frames to repaint.
    Wow I feel blind now. I frequent those areas because I have friends that live around there and have NEVER seen a thrift store! I guess I will need to check the area out better next time. I guess I should do more walking around and less transit if I miss all the good places to hit!

I have only known about a few second hand stores in Yorkville that I have been in and it was so not a deal for anything...I mean it would be a deal if you wanted high end brands that are priced accordingly. I have found my luck finding name brand and vintage things for cheap is so much better at Goodwill and Value Village where they don't know what they have. I'm not sure how well I will do in Toronto though since people seem more brand aware there. Guess I will find out and if all else fails will keep frequenting the one near my sister LOL!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

there is a mediocre small goodwill .. on king st w (west of gladstone)
    there is also one that i shop at when i go see my doctor at queen st w and rosenvailles [

QUOTE=roseofblack25;4548765]Do you guys know if there are locations in downtown Toronto? I'm a huge thrifter (as in I only shop at thrift stores unless I need undergarments) and moving to Toronto worries me because I have never seen a thrift store or Value Village etc. I know of some great vintage places on Queen West but vintage doesn't equal cheap and with rent prices I won't be able to afford vintage anymore unless it's from the thrift store. [/QUOTE]

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I heard a quilter tell how one can get silk bridesmaid dresses for $25 and use the fabric for quilts. My first thought would be to repurpose the silk for another garment! I was in Fabricland and the good silk duppioni is about $36/m.

Goodwill Burlington store does not sell textiles. I am really doubtful about finding silk dresses out in Halton/Hamilton but Toronto might be the place to find such an item.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Goodwill must have closed the Sherbourne & Bloor store, just like it closed a donation centre locally in Ancaster the last month. Missed my chance to scope textiles ...unlikely that I can go to Dundas & Dixie store in Mississauga on Friday.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Goodwill stores will reboot and return in some locations in Toronto in 2017-how did this story not get more attention?
    http://globalnews.ca/news/2794351/go...-450-laid-off/
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Goodwill stores will reboot and return in some locations in Toronto in 2017-how did this story not get more attention?
    http://globalnews.ca/news/2794351/go...-450-laid-off/
    This is great news! For the staff and for the customers.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I do not see anything about Toronto stores reopening in 2017 as yet. If you are in the Halton region, Burlington and Oakville still have a store each. Next Tuesday, April 25, there is a 50% off sale!
    http://www.goodwillshop.ca/locations-and-hours/
    http://www.goodwillshop.ca/specials/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anyone here buy and bras from goodwill. Asking for a friend
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I do not. Bras are one of those clothing items stores won't accept returns on and fit is personal. Your friend is better off to wait for a sale at one of her stores or see if there are any loyalty program offers that give her a discount on her next purchase. I usually wait for the Bay or Sears to have all bras or certain ones on sale, then I go in to buy my bra.
    Actually need to replace my current bra (1.5 yr old) soon as there is fabric wearing out near the back.

Tonight I was looking to see if any Uniqlo Airism tops or camisoles were at my store. They would be worth looking out for at VV if your friend is in the Toronto area as there are bra cups in the cami/sleeveless tops.
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Aug 2nd, 2017 at 10:42 PM.

Thread Information