User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

As people have said, charity or no, it's wrong. I'm all for being generous for those in need, but not at the cost of jeopardizing my hobby and those of others. When crap hits the fan about coupon abuse, Walmart (or any other store) does not think 'oh, that's ok, it was for charity'. They see couponers negatively and as it has been very apparently lately; harder for everyone to get a good deal with all the new restrictions and lack of good sales on products that have coupons. I'm afraid it's only going to get worse before it gets better.
    pinkflowergirl86

RRLF most baby related coupons! PM me!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Considering too, that these were Rexall coupons; WM isn't going to be getting their money back. It's not like a manufacturer coupon, where they will be reinbursed. So WM lost their $2 on each of those hundreds of bottles of cleaners. I know it's WM and it won't exactly bankrupt them, but still. I know that is the risk they take when accepting competitiors coupons, but I don't think they werer fully anticipating people like these. The woman was even joking that they will put the price up to $3 when she was done.
    Last edited by leda; Sat, Feb 11th, 2012 at 09:14 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The entire "it's for charity" thing just doesn't fly with me. The major retailers and manufacturers donate to charity all the time. Charities appreciate recieving things but not tons of "stuff". They'd rather have cash and be able to purchase what they need when they need it.

Now don't start me on the times stores ask me to donate to "whatever" fundraiser they are doing that month. Did you know that YOUR donation is made on a company cheque and the tax credit goes to the store? Now make your own donations in your own name and get your own tax slip

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    Now don't start me on the times stores ask me to donate to "whatever" fundraiser they are doing that month. Did you know that YOUR donation is made on a company cheque and the tax credit goes to the store? Now make your own donations in your own name and get your own tax slip

so true!

Walmart is notorious for trying to push ppl to donate. they also make their employees donate and then take the credit for 'raising' the funds.

walmart was running one of their red cross donation scams. they had notices posted stating that you call red cross at a certain phone number to get your tax reciept for the donation.

well i called red cross and they were like "umm, yeah, well, no we don't know what the heck you're talking about"

i went back to walmart and made them refund me, because i was donating directly to the red cross thank-you-very-much. they looked like i had 12 heads, and started to give me BS about how i can't get a reciept anyways, blah blah blah, i can't claim donations on my taxes blah blah (all confirmed by their supervisor!)

oh, you got me started! haha
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

lol

I would rather donate directly to a place than through a 3rd party. And I also would rather be able to choose who I donate to, then to the places that are picked by WM. Yes, some of them are great, but sometimes there are others I would rather donate to.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

if your friends works there, why would you not tell her that it is in Walmarts policy to only accept competitors coupons that have a specific price listed.

In order for Walmart to accept a competitors coupon it must state a price not just $$ off of a product.

Coupons should say Save $2 off Lysol products of $4.99 etc

Shaking my head as to how this even got passed not just 1 employee but several employess

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

That is just wrong, and rude I personally grab 2-4 items, and share with my DD. DM and DS but i don't clear a shelf cause its a good deal, I also think wal mart should put a limit.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Peachykeen2007 View Post
    if your friends works there, why would you not tell her that it is in Walmarts policy to only accept competitors coupons that have a specific price listed.

In order for Walmart to accept a competitors coupon it must state a price not just $$ off of a product.

Coupons should say Save $2 off Lysol products of $4.99 etc

Shaking my head as to how this even got passed not just 1 employee but several employess
    My local WM has always taken competitors coupons with a $ amount off. They won't take bogo's or % off. Our local Food Basic's had coupons out for a couple months that were location specific and they were $ amounts and our WM would take them. Our WM won't PM a flyer that states X amount of money off w/o a stated price, but they have always taken the coupons.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leda View Post
    My local WM has always taken competitors coupons with a $ amount off. They won't take bogo's or % off. Our local Food Basic's had coupons out for a couple months that were location specific and they were $ amounts and our WM would take them. Our WM won't PM a flyer that states X amount of money off w/o a stated price, but they have always taken the coupons.
    Mine too
    New mom October 2014!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bet is was a convenience store or a cleaning company and they were selling them/using for commercial use. There is no reason a group of people need 200 things of Lysol.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have to rant here a bit.

After spending a LONG time couponing, I'm starting to get sick of other couponers. I mean, everyone here on SC is great, but there's so many gluttonous little piggies in the world it seems. Why can't people just buy to have what they need, not buy to make a costco in their basement? It's not about having more than the other guy, and that's what it's turned into now that it has become a fad.

The amount of rudeness I see in public while shopping from other couponers makes me sick. Horizontal carts blocking aisles completely while sorting through their folders, shelf clearing, rudeness to other customers or cashiers, even floor staff... I simply ignore them because I do NOT want to be associated WHATSOEVER with the people who have no regard for other people and just think gluttony is the way to go. It sickens me, frankly, how greedy people can get. I watched a woman walk away with a display full of something in walmart that I was excited to get two of, I think, and so I got none.

I was about to just turn around and say "Hey I drove all the way across town for two of those, could ya spare them?" but I had no words.

I have BARELY been able to find a coupon in my city for months. So many people here now are couponing and it makes me see red when I see how many of them take half a pad of coupons JUST to trade them, and heaven forbid I will ever see ONE on a shelf anywhere. I accidentally picked up a coupon for vegetarian fake meat products today and just put it back. I will never ever in my life buy that, so why take it? To inconvenience somebody else just so I can trade it? I think not.

I'm just so sick of the gluttony and need need need. Build slowly, build steadily, and plentiful shelves you will have. No need to be a pig.
    Last edited by Chantel; Sat, Feb 11th, 2012 at 11:56 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I agree that it's become a fad and some people are taking far more than they need for the greed and the high.
    I remember about 2 years ago, I came across one of the best deals at SDM I have seen. 50 cent Loreal Shampoo and Conditioner. And it was during Mega Redemption and my hubby and I had $200 to use up. I bought 10 shampoo, 10 conditioners and left a ton behind on two shelves and two bins. I could have taken much, much more.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

There is nothing wrong with stocking up, to an extent. Like 2 people in my house have butt length hair, my sister and I. We use a lot of shampoo, so it makes sense that we have a lot of them on hand. We have about 30 300ish ml bottles, a bottle lasts about 2-3 weeks in our house, so we're good for a while. We are stocked up, and we got it little by little because we could.

We did not, however, get 200 for the two of us. That is ridiculous, gluttonous, sad behavior that people need therapy for if that's something they need to have for the likes of two or three people. Actually, even for 10 people, that's horribly ridiculous, and I know people that have that much with far fewer people.

Buying 10 shampoos and conditioners at that price is completely valid and totally ok. You used them all up, didn't ya? Of course you did, and you didn't overdo it. You stocked up without becoming a crazy hoarder that hoards for the sake of hoarding.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

So I went into WM today and guess what......there is about 10 signs on the Lysol shelves about how WM has the right to limit quantities. They put a limit of 2 on the Lysol products. Can't say I am surprised after this!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I don't like limits myself.Limits are a double-edged sword. While it may slow down the nut jobs, it really hinders the average couponer who wants/needs more than the posted limit but not excessive amounts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information