Thought I would post this here, since probably no one else would know what I am talking about!

If you are a reader of our Expositor, you probably saw a picture today of a garage fire on Baldwin Ave in Brantford yesterday.

I happen to live at the corner of Erie and Baldwin. Yesterday afternoon I was sitting in my chair reading and Chris was playing his PS3 on the couch. We heard the siren of a emergency vehicle and Chris said "Here comes something.." I leaned forward to see out our front window and saw a Fire Rescue truck turn down Baldwin. I got out of my chair and walked to the window and saw it had stopped just a few houses down. "Is it worth going to check out?", Chris asked. I looked out the window and said "Holy *** there's a lot of smoke, Jesus, there's flames too!"

Chris got up of the couch and headed down the stairs. I got my stuff on and met him at the end of the driveway. By that time, a Fire pumper was there too as well as two police cars. We walked down and discovered a garage on fire. As I went to go around the hoses of the fire truck, I saw a lady on the sidewalk with two firefighters giving her CPR!

I walked back over to where Chris was on the other side of the street and stayed there. Turns out that there was an elderly gentleman right beside us, who was the husband of the woman. We heard neighbours tell the police that they had gotten the two of them out of their house and the woman just collapsed on the sidewalk. I think she must of had a heart attack with the stress of the fire in their garage.

Last we saw, they were taking her to the ambulance still doing CPR on her. There is nothing else in the paper about it. I pray that she is okay and her husband is as well. Their garage can be rebuilt. A womans life cannot be.