User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

There's a new Tide product called "Pods", only in the US for now.

I'm very excited about this new product! But I suppose all SCers would agree with me. It all comes down to price. I don't want to spend more than 25 cents per load!

There is an interesting design review about this product: http://www.core77.com/blog/object_cu...illy_21837.asp

I wonder when would it come to Canada.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Did they team up with Pepsi or something? lol

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

lol! They do look like pepsi and casade got together and had a baby

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

LOL KrazE!

To me, just makes no sense - it's really not that hard to measure out liquid. Before that, we dinosaurs used to measure powder!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    Did they team up with Pepsi or something? lol
    Looks like it

Cool design, but Im guessing its gonna be expensive. I would only buy it if there are coupons out there for it.
    Wanna get paid giftcards and Paypal cash? Join Swagbucks right now!
    Don't you want free giftcards, prizes and money just for clicking?
    I've earned $180! Join Superpoints today

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Also, an amusing metric touted in P&G's product announcement is that the Pods "took years in development...and over 450 packaging and product sketches."

Really? Cause it looks like you just copied your cascade actionpacs design. Years of development to put products you already make into a package design you already use.

I'm sure we'll see ones for downy and tide + downy in the future. And gain of course.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    Also, an amusing metric touted in P&G's product announcement is that the Pods "took years in development...and over 450 packaging and product sketches."

Really? Cause it looks like you just copied your cascade actionpacs design. Years of development to put products you already make into a package design you already use.

I'm sure we'll see ones for downy and tide + downy in the future. And gain of course.
    LOL. they've had these kind of things in england for ages.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Loblaws already has this in their store brands.

Walmart has Sunlight in this presentation.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    LOL KrazE!

To me, just makes no sense - it's really not that hard to measure out liquid. Before that, we dinosaurs used to measure powder!

For those who use laundry mat or laundry room in the apartment, This is very useful. Carrying pre-treater, detergent, softener... It can be get very heavy. With this product, you could just take whatever you need.

And I suppose you don't have arthritis. It can be very painful to lift a 2L jug. Research also shows that less than a third people read the measuring cup correctly.

Maybe this product is not for you, but I'm sure there is a place in the market. I just hope that it's not too expensive. And I think it can be a great way to start teaching your children to do laundry.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post

Dishwashers use water at a very high temperature (60-70C). I suppose the melting mechanism of the casing would be very different for laundry washing (40C average). Besides, the blasting of waterfalls in dishwasher is very different from the soaking of clothes.

Damn... wasn't expecting all the negative comments. Maybe because I'm also in design business. There are really a lot of very difficult thing behind the scenes that regular consumers are unaware of. I now suspect this design would die out because of the lack of appreciation.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTofu View Post
    For those who use laundry mat or laundry room in the apartment, This is very useful. Carrying pre-treater, detergent, softener... It can be get very heavy. With this product, you could just take whatever you need.

And I suppose you don't have arthritis. It can be very painful to lift a 2L jug. Research also shows that less than a third people read the measuring cup correctly.

Maybe this product is not for you, but I'm sure there is a place in the market. I just hope that it's not too expensive. And I think it can be a great way to start teaching your children to do laundry.
    Agreed re the arthritis. My mum has a very hard time unscrewing the caps and lifting the heavy bottles. I usually by smaller bottles for her and decant from larger bottles.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I've read some reviews that people have posted about it leaving a sticky mess in the drums of washers.

I can honestly say that I am surprised that Pepsi isn't already filing something or another about that logo usage (lol), and that I would never use a 'pod' in my front loading washer, ever.

Since it takes a tablespoon of detergent to do a load, it almost 'looks' like there is too much soap etc in the pods and I would be forced to do a second rinse to be sure that there are no suds left over; that comes across as more expensive to me.

The most I have paid for a 32 load of HE detergent is about $3, but usually less. Since that 32 load is incorrect for my new washer and is at least double that, the Tide pods would be massively expensive & not even worth buying.

Just one review of a sticky substance left over in a washer drum is enough to turn me off considering the cost of new machines these days.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    I've read some reviews that people have posted about it leaving a sticky mess in the drums of washers.

I can honestly say that I am surprised that Pepsi isn't already filing something or another about that logo usage (lol), and that I would never use a 'pod' in my front loading washer, ever.

Since it takes a tablespoon of detergent to do a load, it almost 'looks' like there is too much soap etc in the pods and I would be forced to do a second rinse to be sure that there are no suds left over; that comes across as more expensive to me.

The most I have paid for a 32 load of HE detergent is about $3, but usually less. Since that 32 load is incorrect for my new washer and is at least double that, the Tide pods would be massively expensive & not even worth buying.

Just one review of a sticky substance left over in a washer drum is enough to turn me off considering the cost of new machines these days.
    I think maybe they did not read the instrux on use. What you could get away with with powder or liquid is not the same with the pods. Also the room temperature can't be too high, like a July day.

Some people did not like the Loblaws detergent pods and we got 26 loads for $2.99 in the summer (reg. $7.99).

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTofu View Post
    Dishwashers use water at a very high temperature (60-70C). I suppose the melting mechanism of the casing would be very different for laundry washing (40C average). Besides, the blasting of waterfalls in dishwasher is very different from the soaking of clothes.

Damn... wasn't expecting all the negative comments. Maybe because I'm also in design business. There are really a lot of very difficult thing behind the scenes that regular consumers are unaware of. I now suspect this design would die out because of the lack of appreciation.
    I wasn't trying to be negative, promise! Just seems kinda silly to me how they act like it's some brand-new idea with a never before seen design, when they've basically been using it for years, just for a slightly different product.

It's like being a sock maker for people, and then designing socks for animals. You already have the basic concept, but you'll need to do some tweaking on the size and probably the material due to the different needs animals have than humans. But you're not making something 'all new', you're branching off an already-there idea to create something new that is very similar to the old thing, with a few tweaks.

These could be useful as a product, god knows I use it for my dishwasher and love it, all I meant was that it's basically a rehashed version of something they already make, with different specifications for the washing machine.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I saw a sign at RCSS tonight saying: COMING SOON!!!, TIDE PODS!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information