Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By ashokia
  • 3 Post By janetta
  • 1 Post By saveadollardiva
  • 1 Post By anisa

Thread: MY SDM Rant

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I've been saving this one up since last Saturday!! So last Saturday (duh) my mom and I went to Shoppers because I knew I was going to see the Hunger Games on Sunday so I wanted the free tickets. The weekend before I had a FANTASTIC 20x event because my cashier was amazing!! (See, no lumping here!)

This week, however, my cashier was so rude! I always have my coupons pulled out and in my hand before I get to the cash, and I saw the cashier roll her eyes and say something to the other cashier on duty before I even got up to her. That's okay, coupons can be annoying for cashiers, I get it. So I go up and I had only TWO points coupons for VIB, one for Farley biscuits worth 500 points and one for the prenatal vitamins worth 2000 points. She tells me I can only use one. I was like, "Excuse me?" So she reads me the wording on the coupon that says, "Not to be combined with any other Shoppers Optimum offers... yadda, yadda, yadda." I was already annoyed by this point, but I kept it polite and said, "That's strange, last weekend at the 20x event I used six different VIB coupons without a problem..." She said I must have had a new cashier who didn't know any better. So then I said, "Well I actually had a problem with two of my coupons scanning in properly last weekend and even called head office to get the points and they gave them to me no problem and never said anything about having used more than one coupon."

So she snaps, "It's the policy, I can only take one!" (My mom was in a rush to get home that day so I didn't want to stand around arguing with her longer since I knew I could just call HO afterwards to get it sorted out.

I tell her that I would use the 2000 point coupon then (she was about to scan the 500 one) since it was worth more points. She scanned the rest of my items and when it came time for the Farley Biscuits it scanned in at $3.29 instead of $2.99! (Did the same thing last week and they never bothered to take down the sign!) So I said, that's scanned in at the wrong price, I get that free right? She never responds, just calls someone over to go check the price. The guy comes back with the $2.99 sticker so she proceeds to scan it and change the price to $2.99. I was like, excuse me, I should be getting that free. So she huffs and puffs and calls someone over to override it and I get it free, YAY!

Then as we're leaving the store (FINALLY!) one of the bags falls off the cart (because we all know how wonderfully large and spacious their carts are) and my free Powerade bursts open and splatters blue everywhere (like on my white blouse) so my mom goes back in the store with the drink to ask for another one and they tell her it's our fault for throwing it on the floor and we have to pay for a new one! So she buys one thinking I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't want it (I only got it because it was free!) and I'm shaking my head at her through the window signalling her NOT to buy it, but she ignores me and buys it anyway.

The whole thing just felt horrible because last weekend I had such a terrific experience and then a week later I feel like I'm being treated like a thief trying to rip off the store. As my mother said, "You spend thousands of dollars a year in that store and they can't afford to give you a $2 drink?! If I did that at Walmart they'd be kissing my ass and bending over backwards to get a new one!" LOL.

Thanks for reading my first Shopper's rant!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart
    DaveP likes this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

ah man i know what thats like!!
    I actually dropped my bag right after cashing out at walmart, and my yogurt went EVERYWHERE!!
    LOl the cashier was super nice tho and said I could grab another one.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Last summer I dropped a pint of blueberries at NF while trying to pack my grocery bags. I offered to pay for a new one but they replaced it and I was told stores have insurance for losses like that so I am sure it applies to most stores.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I'm sure she was just mad that I got a SCOP and figured I didn't need two free things. LOL.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

What a brutal cashier!
    I hope she gets that @#$*@ out of her...&#@!
    Sorry you had such a bad experience- did you speak with her manager/corporate after?

I once dropped a 2lb container of strawberries at a grocery store in front of literally 50 people near checkout. lol
    It exploded everywhere and were rolling away uncontrollably. I was OMG OMG OMG MOTHER#(@$#?*!!!!!!!!!!
    Everyone was staring at me. So I started to pick them back up into the container when the manager (who I guess saw the whole thing) comes up kind of chuckling and tells me not to worry about it, had someone sweep them up and told me to get a new box.
    anisa, krysta lynne and DaveP like this.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

What rude cashier, I hope Karma comes back to bite her in the you know what lol
    ishyx0x likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post
    What a brutal cashier!
    I hope she gets that @#$*@ out of her...&#@!
    Sorry you had such a bad experience- did you speak with her manager/corporate after?

I once dropped a 2lb container of strawberries at a grocery store in front of literally 50 people near checkout. lol
    It exploded everywhere and were rolling away uncontrollably. I was OMG OMG OMG MOTHER#(@$#?*!!!!!!!!!!
    Everyone was staring at me. So I started to pick them back up into the container when the manager (who I guess saw the whole thing) comes up kind of chuckling and tells me not to worry about it, had someone sweep them up and told me to get a new box.
    omg, i have never seen you cuss! lol
    i needed a laugh
    janetta likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    omg, i have never seen you cuss! lol
    i needed a laugh

Haha, I do but usually in an animated..funny..kind of way.
    I'll admit, I wasn't too embarassed at the whole thing and I was kind of laughing myself!
    Seriously, my eyes were like O_o! lol
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yes, your cashier suffers from a classic case of couponaphobia… be careful there is no cure

Thread Information