User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes

Thread: H2O X5 mop or Shark ???? bought H2O X5

Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Im looking to by a steam mop. I have been looking online at reviews but still not 100 % sure on which one to buy. I like the new H2O X5 mop. But shark ones have good reviews.
    Let me know which one u know u or someone u know used them and which u would prefer.
    Thank you for help.

updated : see post 6 for my review
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by strawberry1019; Fri, Apr 6th, 2012 at 05:13 PM.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

High five on looking at a steam mop. I have to say that whichever one you pick, one of the big upsides is that you no longer have to use a whole bunch of chemicals to clean your floors, which in my book is beyond worth the cost of the electricity it takes to heat the water and make steam! DH has asthma, so this was one of the big reasons that I wanted to get a steam mop. Also, I was worried about my pets and the chemicals, seeing as how they walk all over the floors all the time and could pick up chemical residues on their little feet.

I bought the Shark steam blaster (looks like a canister vac) almost two years ago when it was on sale at Canadian Tire for 60% off. I think I got it for about $75 after taxes and everything. I really, really love it. I like that it has a larger water capacity than a lot of the smaller mops - 500mL - enough to mop the kitchen, bathrooms, laundry room and halls with enough steam left over to clean the oven inside and out and the kitchen sink. I really wanted this design because of its versatility; in addition to the extended handle and mop end, there is a squeegee attachment that I haven't really used, but also a targeted, small-tipped sprayer. This thing is awesome for cleaning; DH has even used it to clean motorcycle parts for his restoration projects. It's just cleaning with steam, so there are no magical degreaser properties and there is still sometimes scrubbing involved, but it's pretty darn good.

LOL, I sound a little too glowing; *shark did not pay me for an endorsement - although it'd be darn nice if they did *
    Last edited by glowworm2k; Wed, Apr 4th, 2012 at 07:33 AM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    138 (100%)

i agree, either way you are looking at a whole new world! i have the h2o x5 or whatever. i got it at a zellers clearance. i love love love it, but i have no comparison as i haven't tried the shark....

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I think the main thing is to make sure that it will hold the amount of water you need to do your cleaning as you don't want to have to refill it all the time. Another consideration should be the weight of the mop. You want to make sure it is easy to manouver around and reach the areas you want, corners, sinks and so on. I love Steam, I have used steam cleaning for many many years, I have a steam mop ( shark ) and a scunci steamer (handheld) that I use for almost everything. Nothing cleans and disinfects better than plan old steam as far as I'm concerned. Good luck with whichever one you choose, I think they are both great.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

A few in my family all have the H2O. Quite happy with it but I dont know anyone that has the shark one.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Just bought a h2o x5 mop from Zellers. on Sale for 30% off. And I LOVE IT. I bought some extra mop pads. they didnt have the x5 ones just bought ones for regular h2o mop. they work and were on sale 10.49 for 2. Steam cleaned my floor, no stickiness anymore. After cleaning with wetjet or vielda spray mop, i found the floors felt sticky. A bit of water left, but dried in no time. Was hard to push at first until mop pad got damp, then slided good. Handle not to strong, but ok. Tired it on the sink cleaned really good around the tap and toilet seat caps.bBlasted away hard toothpaste on sink. Tired it on kitchen sink too. On setting 4 (the highest), still left a bit of water behind. Used a rag. Havent tried out carpet, garment steamer. Excited to try out on BBQ. When storm goes away. Cleans counters really good. Dont like the mirror cleaner, leaves white fuzzes behind. Prefer the paper towel and green works window cleaner. I wanted to get a steam mop for many reasons. I dont trust cleaners anymore, except green works. I read a article about so many cleaners leaving behind harmful chemicals (scrubbing bubble big one). Was $90.00 for mop (on sale). Do not operate around small children, steam quite hot.
    Last edited by strawberry1019; Fri, Apr 6th, 2012 at 09:06 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    302 (100%)

I bought a Bissell steam mop a few months ago and I love it. I researched it online and found that for my purposes, which is cleaning ceramic tile, the Bissell would work best for me. I bought it on sale at London Drugs. I paid about $68.00. I use it probably 3 -4 days a week and I love that all I have to do is add water and then clean the pad afterward. Other than the cost of the steam mop it doesn't cost a thing to clean the floors. No chemicals and no disposable cleaning pads like with a swiffer.

Thread Information