User Tag List

Thread: Cheap Milk?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Are you guys noticing the price drop in 4L milk? We only buy Lactantia milk and they don't sell this brand at Pharmaprix.

Two weeks ago, I bought 1% for 5.72 and 3.25% for 6.23 at Loblaws. Thought it was unadvertised sale. I hardly ever pay less than $7 a bag.

Was at Maxi this week and I think the shelf price of 1% is 7.49 and didn't want to go to IGA to save 50 cents for milk for 6.99. Paid at self serve and 1% scanned at 5.72, same as Loblaws of 2 weeks ago.

Will price of milk stay same or change from week to week?
    This thread is currently associated with: IGA, Loblaws, Maxi, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

regular milk (the pasteurized one) have a "low price by law" (look here for the price: http://www.rmaaq.gouv.qc.ca/index.php?id=118)

But fine-filtered milk is not a regular, this is a milk with "added value" (valeur ajoutée) and could be at higher price than regular milk. So the price of milk with "added value" could have a variation in price from store to store. We also could use a coupon on that kind of milk because price didn't go under the "minimum by law" (when cashier read and apply the coupon correctly).
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2010ontest View Post
    regular milk (the pasteurized one) have a "low price by law" (look here for the price: http://www.rmaaq.gouv.qc.ca/index.php?id=118)

But fine-filtered milk is not a regular, this is a milk with "added value" (valeur ajoutée) and could be at higher price than regular milk. So the price of milk with "added value" could have a variation in price from store to store. We also could use a coupon on that kind of milk because price didn't go under the "minimum by law" (when cashier read and apply the coupon correctly).
    Thanks alot for that info...very interesting.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

you can always use coupons on milk that has been "transformed" or nutrient-enriched because there is no law governing milk like that so even if you find it for minimum price, you can still apply a coupon to it. It does not fall under any minimum requirement.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MiaowTheCat View Post
    you can always use coupons on milk that has been "transformed" or nutrient-enriched because there is no law governing milk like that so even if you find it for minimum price, you can still apply a coupon to it. It does not fall under any minimum requirement.
    Are you sure?

I read (on the mapaq website) that this kind of milk (added value) are not subject to the maximum by law.... (so could be at higher price) but I didn't read that for the minimum by law... Maybe I miss something?
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

I am not on my home computer, so I dont have all my saved links, but I think I read that the added value milk is not subject to price regulation and therefore, you can use a coupon on it without regards to the minimum value. I will have to check back

Thread Information