User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My frigidaire fridge rant

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I can't believe this is how I spent my Monday morning.
    I purchased a Frigidaire fridge through Bad Boy March 2011, also bought extended warranty through them, so Feb this year, just a little before end of first year, the fridge part stopped working for some reason, so I called and had it fixed, 3 weeks later, same problem again, I was pretty upset the second time, but the technician promised me it was fixed for good, but just so they will get paid by Frigidaire, they have to replace a part on my fridge, so last Thursday, they finally came to replace it, and I thought that's it, I'm finally done, but here comes the good part.

on Sunday I noticed, instead of the fridge, the freezer broke down, the temperature went up very quick in about 3 hrs from -18 to 8, but there was nothing I could do about it since it was Sunday. So this morning, starting at 8:30, I'm calling everyone I can think of, first, bad boy where I had bought warranty from, I kept getting to their voice mail message, so desperately, I called Frigidaire, they told me, sorry but can't help, I asked this person on the phone, what am I supposed to do with my food, he said I don't know, then I called the local dealer who I dealt with for the first 2 times, but they said, because its over 1 year since I had it, I have to call bad boy, now I'm back to square 1. So after 9 am I finally got someone on the phone from bad boy, she says: thanks for calling bad boy, someone will be in touch with you within 48 hrs,
    What?!! NO NO, lady, that's not good enough, Its not a tv not a dish washer, which I can live without for a couple of days, I got pretty mad at that point, so she heard some of my no swearing of course, I have 3 kids in the house, but just mad....

Anyways, here is my Monday rant, sorry for the long story. Hope everyone have a better day than mine
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

POOR you! That sucks big time! I am sorry your Monday is not going well. My parents have dealt with Bad Boy before and they were awful as well. I will never go with them. If it makes you feel any better this morning I woke up to find ants in my kitchen! there is a tiny hole behind the wall were my stove is (which I just found out now) and they were coming through there and attacking my grabage area in my kitchen, so i had to kill them all, clean up and vacuum. Happy Monday
    babyluck likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    POOR you! That sucks big time! I am sorry your Monday is not going well. My parents have dealt with Bad Boy before and they were awful as well. I will never go with them. If it makes you feel any better this morning I woke up to find ants in my kitchen! there is a tiny hole behind the wall were my stove is (which I just found out now) and they were coming through there and attacking my grabage area in my kitchen, so i had to kill them all, clean up and vacuum. Happy Monday
    To get rid of ants for good, you need to:
    - seal the hole ( and any others)
    - clean up the scent trails ( from hole to food source)
    - keep the food sources immaculately clean for about a week
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

thanks greencanuck, I cleaned that kitchen from top to bottom! also my husband is going to patch the hole ASAP! I always keep my kicthen clean but now I am going to make sure it is like spotless!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saveadollardiva View Post
    Thanks, your so sweet, hopefully the tips for getting rid of ants will help. We have mice outside of our house already, it's only a year old, but I think it's because we are so close to the dump, there must be so many of these things around

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I feel bad for you babyluck. I bought a frigidaire a few years ago and will never buy that brand again. Mine was repaired 4 times in a year and a half (just after warranty ended by 36 days) so we had to pay. The third time we switch to a different repair man and he came right out and told us that after he fixes it this time we should think about buying another frig real quick because these ones were garbage. Did we listen, no, I figured after 3 times no way coud it happen agaiin. Less then 3 months later I had to call him back. A week later we bought a brand new woods frig. Used the other as back up and it only lasted 3 months. My husband then took it to the scrap yard. The frig wasn't even 3 years old yet.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Yikes! I know what its like to have your fridge/freezer break down.

rewind about 3 years ago. (when I was living with my mom)
    Christmas EVE, my whole fridge/freezer stops working.
    Its filled with food, my mom was hosting christmas dinner at her place so she had all the food.!
    LOL talk about bad timing.
    So we ran to the store and bought bags of ice, put all the frozen stuff in a bunch of coolers filled with ice and put them on the balcony. and put all the fridge stuff in the tub filed with ice.
    The owner of our condo actually was able to get a HVAc guy to come out ON CHRISTMAS DAY!
    I felt super bad that he had to come on xmas day, I only hoped that he wasnt leaving his family to come fix our fridge LOL
    In the end he had to get a part, but was back before 6pm on christmas day, made for an interesting christmas conversation LOL

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

We had problems with our fridge when it was quite new, too. We had to replace the fan motor on short notice when the freezer just didn't seem frozen. It was November, so at least we were able to put things in coolers outside for 24h before the service folks could come. Lucky for us, it was fixed in 30 minutes for under $75 and has been running since. Ours is a magic chef (made by whirlpool) and the fans are a known problem on all new magic chef and whirlpool fridges.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

My fridge and stove are probably 20+ years old. Would love to replace them with beautiful stainless steel appliances, but they run perfectly. I hear so many horror stories like yours, that I will just put up with my unattractive, but reliable, appliances. They just aren't made to last any more.
    Earn money back when shopping on-line by going through the Ebates site. Use my referral link below.
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=p162PRHFagw%3D
    Earn SwagBucks -- get stuff free! Use my referral link below.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kristeven

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Oh no, I certainly hope mine will last at least 5 yrs, I was the one who made decision on this brand, my husband will for sure trust me on future decisions, lol.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I was kind of lucky too, it wasn't too warm on Sunday and Monday, I had to put all my fridge stuff in the garage, and freezer food in my little chest freezer. But I would cry if something like this happens to me on Christmas day, lol

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    Yikes! I know what its like to have your fridge/freezer break down.

rewind about 3 years ago. (when I was living with my mom)
    Christmas EVE, my whole fridge/freezer stops working.
    Its filled with food, my mom was hosting christmas dinner at her place so she had all the food.!
    LOL talk about bad timing.
    So we ran to the store and bought bags of ice, put all the frozen stuff in a bunch of coolers filled with ice and put them on the balcony. and put all the fridge stuff in the tub filed with ice.
    The owner of our condo actually was able to get a HVAc guy to come out ON CHRISTMAS DAY!
    I felt super bad that he had to come on xmas day, I only hoped that he wasnt leaving his family to come fix our fridge LOL
    In the end he had to get a part, but was back before 6pm on christmas day, made for an interesting christmas conversation LOL

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kristeven View Post
    My fridge and stove are probably 20+ years old. Would love to replace them with beautiful stainless steel appliances, but they run perfectly. I hear so many horror stories like yours, that I will just put up with my unattractive, but reliable, appliances. They just aren't made to last any more.
    I know, I certainly agree with you, things in the old days are better quality for sure.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by glowworm2k View Post
    We had problems with our fridge when it was quite new, too. We had to replace the fan motor on short notice when the freezer just didn't seem frozen. It was November, so at least we were able to put things in coolers outside for 24h before the service folks could come. Lucky for us, it was fixed in 30 minutes for under $75 and has been running since. Ours is a magic chef (made by whirlpool) and the fans are a known problem on all new magic chef and whirlpool fridges.
    I don't know about the new technology, 3 ppl came to fix my fridge and gave me 3 different answers, replaced 2 different parts already, but yesterday I think they finally found the problem, hopefully this will be the last time I make a service call.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I'm so sorry to hear of your fridge issues. It always seems to happen when we have our fridge or freezer fairly full too. When I purchased my new appliances for my new kitchen over the past few months, I did a ton of research and ended up going with Samsung. I used to love fridgidare and ge but after all my research I have switched to Samsung so I hope I have better luck. I hope you didn't loose to much food. Were you able to get family to keep your freeze items? I hope your Tuesday is better!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Thanks, I did have a better Tuesday, had a SCOP from Sobeys, lol. We bought everything Frigidaire for our kitchen, but if I ever have to replace my appliances, it will for sure to be another brand.

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear of your fridge issues. It always seems to happen when we have our fridge or freezer fairly full too. When I purchased my new appliances for my new kitchen over the past few months, I did a ton of research and ended up going with Samsung. I used to love fridgidare and ge but after all my research I have switched to Samsung so I hope I have better luck. I hope you didn't loose to much food. Were you able to get family to keep your freeze items? I hope your Tuesday is better!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information