User Tag List

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

My first rant
    Is anyone else sick of seeing posts from people with no other posts asking for advice doing things they shouldn't be doing? Is smartcanucks the first search result when you google how to scam people?
    My SaskTel rant
    Nothing ever seems to work right, right now I can't hook my coax cable into my VCR to record anything. We called & asked & were told it's blocked but a friend who works there says it should work. Not everyone has a HD tv so this output should work! I refuse to pay for a PVR box for the few things I want to record. Also I hear you can only record on one channel at a time & you have to program it you can just hit record & walk away.
    A few months ago after totally screwing up our package & letting us switch to one that actually cost more they also switched our billing dates. We called to ask one day what was owing cuz we hadn't got a bill & were told they "don't know because it hasn't been printed yet" Are you kidding me!? I'm sure your computer tells you! So I had to send my husband to pretend to make a paymant at the store so they'd tell him how much was owing. We also asked what day our new payment days were & they said "they never changed"! Yes they did! by almost 2 weeks. So we had to guess for awhile & our bill's got screwed up & a little behind because I won't overpay a company that's lost 3 payments on us. Now our bill's suddenly out at the usual time & before I could pay it today they cut off my cell phone!
    My PC rant (I think this is a scam)
    I missed my last MasterCard payment. I remember making it but there's no sign of it so I must've accidently hit cancel instead of confirm. My bad. So I have to make a double payment which is due Friday but even before my newest statement came out I was getting calls from a recording that say "If this is April Slaney press 1. I press 1. To confirm this is you enter your PC MC number. NO! I hang up & it keeps calling. Yesterday a real person calls, asks for my addy to confirm. Says my payment is due Friday, I say I know & will pay it tomorrow. He tells me it might not be cleared by them. So why would PC really wait so long to have a real person call? He starts threatening me with collections & I said the best I can do is hope it clears then, & when it does it always says the day I made the payment not the day it clears. he asks how much I'm paying & I say the ammount due (which is the 2 months payments) he says I'm over my limit. Well once I make that payment I'm below it again. He tells me I actually have to pay the over limit PLUS the 2 months! I don't think so! it would say that on my statement! So I tell him I'm gonna check them he tells me to call back after I do & tells me to write down the phone number. "I don't have a pen, it's the one on my card right?" Oh boy was he shocked & flustered! What credit card has you call any number other than the one on your card!?
    This leads to my next rant....
    My payday rant
    My husband's payday is today. We can't pay bill's til the money is in our account & it's not there yet! They took 3 months to put him on direct deposit & that only happened after he called head office (who doesn;t do it it's the office here that does). Most days he got paid at 5pm which is a whole day of not having the money, then for awhile it was around 3, then one week he didn't get paid at all. last few have been in by 11am but not today. Why can't they just pick a time & stick to it!? Most places have the money in that morning!
    My Sears Rant
    Sears used to call trying to upsell extended warranty on our fridge. I kept saying no because my hubby used to repair appliances. They kept calling, one day they they said "well you only have 6 months left on your warranty & then it's going to break down" I thanked them for selling me a piece of **** & they finally stopped.
    Now they're calling again for him but only once have they even said anything! Usually they just hang up!
    And they call several times a day! ...Yet I never did hear back from anyone when I complained about that women following us & treating us like shoplifters then giving us dirty looks as we paid for our purchase
    Calgary Comic Con
    Luckily we booked an extra day off work for this. It's April 27-29 & they still have yet to announce things.
    No autograph times have been announced. They haven't fixed the link to buy door passes. I understand they're running other conventions but people like me are travelling long distances to go & we need to have days booked off & reservations made & a plan so we don't miss things.
    They won't even answer questions people about the things that are planned so far. You'd think they'd be better organzied

Ok thanks for listening. I feel a little better now
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Sears
    Last edited by Slaney; Wed, Apr 11th, 2012 at 02:42 PM.
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

OMG !!! what a luck !!! sorry to hear that .. the PC rant it does scares me !!! you defenetly should call HEAD OFFICE AND CONFIRM THE CALL !!!
    Happy Shopping !!

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

I hate sears. I hate phone companies. that mastercard thing was a total scam. Why cant these companies just EFF off with the constant annoying phone calls. drives me crazy.
    I had rogers call me every half an hour for a whole day not too long ago. it stopped in the evening but first thing the next moring they called again. So I answered the phone and said what the he** do you want?! "Oh we just wanted to let you know about our offer to upgrade blah blah blah blah" I cant tell you how much I laid right into the guy.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Hoping your day gets better.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

My husband just got home early, he's on the phone reaming Sears out now. They're not taking no for an answer again....even when we say this purchase was a gift....
    My sister has done telemarketing & she says if they don't start talking within so many seconds they hang up but that just makes it worse! When I say hello 4 times before you hang up you still had time!
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Oh bad day for you...GOOD rant!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Hey you!! You're going to Comiccon? DS and I went to the Montreal one 2 years ago and totally enjoyed it. Got a two day pass. Got autograph from Peter Mayhew, Chewbacca from Star Wars for $25. DS dressed up as Slash from Gun n' Roses and entered the Masquerade competition. He didn't win. The guy dressed up as Indiana Jones won. He even had a snapping whip. He had a booth there and I paid $15 for a hand drawn coloured Indiana Jones. We talked to him after the competition and he said he won a tshirt and a silly ribbon, lol.

BTW, bring cash, lots of it. This year, guest stars were Stan Lee, Adam West, and Burt Ward. We didn't go this year. DS's friend was a volunteer there and Adam West and Burt Ward were charging $150 per autograph. I don't know how much Stan Lee was charging, and you have to book your time for autograph in advance.
    Last edited by couponmummy; Wed, Apr 11th, 2012 at 03:54 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

OMG! We bought our photo ops with Stan Lee, Adam West & Robert Englund already. They say you have to get in line & buy autographs there & they're usually the same price as the photo ops but we spent $150 TOTAL on photo ops! :o Stan Lee & the Cast of Star Trek are the only one's you can pre buy autographs for (if they ever announce them!). If autographs are going to be that much we won;t even have any cash to shop! Not that we'll have time anyways, I think Saturday will be spent standing in lines all day & Sunday we have 2 panels to go to then head home

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I read on another forum that Future Shop were selling Assassin's Creed comic book for 99 cents. YMMV. The illustrator, Cameron Stewart, might be there, so great way to get the book autographed.

Oh, Stan Lee waved to DS's friend so he was estatic, lol.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, about Sears, I have a stupid question. Do you tell them to take you off their calling list?

Direct Energy and Bell were calling because we were their customers. When we told them to put us on their internal Do Not Call list, magic - no more sales calls.

if the Sears calls keep happening, threaten to call Head Office about harrassment (must use that word) and follow through.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

We did call head office. they've only asked for my husband once out of about 100 calls, the rest of the time they hang up so today he called them. They always ask for all our info when we buy things. If we ever buy from Sears again I'm going to tell them I won't provide that information.
    Update on SaskTel as well- Finally got paid at 3:30, sent my hubby to pay the bill while I started tp get ready for work. I heard my phone ringing twice & my dog's whining so I knew it was him but I was in the tub so I by the time I called back it was too late, SaskTel made him pay the whole ammount! The current ammount isn't due until the 23rd! All that was due was the outstanding balance! URGH!!! And I still don't have my phone because he had to get to his night job & didn't have time to call & tell them it's paid because SaskTel can't comminicate with each other! Why can't I call you ask? Because even though he has repeatedly told then to add me to the account so I can call about things they havn't done it! My boss can call & get all the information about what packages we're on & how much we're paying etc because she had a friend there but when the wife of the account holder calls I get hung up on!
    And now we'll also have a $25 reconnection fee!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ugh!! Hopefully next week is much better for you! And that you can take some comfort in knowing that most of us have had weeks like this......where everything just seems to go to crap, lol.

Thread Information