Thread: The Dreaded Computer Virus Scam Call

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

That's why i have an answering machine lol
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

They keep calling my FIL - I have told him it is a scam a million times and he doesn`t get it - So when I was over there last night they called again I took the phone from them and layed into them about how I had called microsoft and that this was a scam and they hung up before I could finish - So we`ll see if they call again...

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Well, I got yet another call last night from these scammers. They have called our home every week for about 2 months now. The first time they called, I was polite, but told them I was aware of their scam and do not call me again. The second, third, forth, fifth and so on, I got upset and pleaded with them not to call me as I wasn't well and hated running to grab a phone only to find out it was them yet again. Sooooo, last night I had finally had enough, and I can do a pretty good accent of a chinese person. They say " Hi this is .....and....your computer has a virus..... I say in an angered chinese accent voice "We ordered our damm food over an hour ago, if you don't get it hear in the next 2 minutes I'm going to reach through this phone and yank your head off, and don't forget the dumplings this time".....them "No, you don't understand.............virus......" I say "Do you not speak english, if I could grab you, I show you a thing or to, you think your food is great, actually it really sucks and I have no idea why we even order from you, I'm sick and tired of your bu*%@&$!" They say " If you don't let us fix your computer......." I say " I'll let you fix something alright, and it is going to be your body in the hospital if I don't get my food RIGHT NOW" They say "----------------" Thats it, they said nothing, all I heard on the phone was a CLICK. That's right THEY HUNG UP ON ME
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They called me again today.After I said hello I just hung up with out saying anything.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    Some of you may have already heard this telemarketer prank before, but if you haven't you might enjoy this

OMG...thanks so much for the great laugh...my stomach hurts...I am going to get hubby to d this next time for sure
    "The whole value of a dime is in knowing what to do with it" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

we got this call the other night during dinner.. i gave the phone to dh because the call display said 'private caller' thinking that it was his parents - their phone number is the only one that comes up that way.. anyway, it was themmmmm... i thought it was the duct people at first, but when he told them that we didn't even have a computer and then hung up i was all

dh looks at me and says 'what?' i said 'i wanted that phone call!!' and proceded to give him sh*t in every different direction possible.. lol
    dang it
    Last edited by GoJays; Sat, May 12th, 2012 at 04:28 PM.
    Darth Penguin likes this.

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

One of my hubby's co-workers got this call a couple of times. After drilling into his children (the daughter mentioned next is about my age) that live at home to NOT give them any information, he figured they understood....NOPE....

He's at work with hubby and gets a call from his daughter. After some choice words on the phone, he tells hubby and his other co-workers that the scammers called and his daughter gave them all the information that they asked for!!!! It was a nightmare! He left work immediately to try to deal with the aftermath of that. He was furious with his daughter, especially since he told them exactly what to expect when these people called!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by happy_me24 View Post
    One of my hubby's co-workers got this call a couple of times. After drilling into his children (the daughter mentioned next is about my age) that live at home to NOT give them any information, he figured they understood....NOPE....

He's at work with hubby and gets a call from his daughter. After some choice words on the phone, he tells hubby and his other co-workers that the scammers called and his daughter gave them all the information that they asked for!!!! It was a nightmare! He left work immediately to try to deal with the aftermath of that. He was furious with his daughter, especially since he told them exactly what to expect when these people called!
    He should tell his daughter to say no to everyone unless a person is returning a phonecall initiated by a person in the household that she has been told about.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sat, May 12th, 2012 at 08:10 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Got this call twice in a row today, from two different numbers...grr.

Had some fun though, the guy said there was a problem with my windows,
    I said "What do you mean, we just got new windows put in last year"
    He asked are you connected to the internet.
    "No the windows are connected to the house, they look find to me, we don't need any new windows. These ones have been great, not drafty. I'm not really interested in internet windows, I like my glass pane ones just fine."
    He hung up on me...I guess he really didn't want to talk about my windows.
    abbasgirl, Poirot, GoJays and 7 others like this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    Got this call twice in a row today, from two different numbers...grr.

Had some fun though, the guy said there was a problem with my windows,
    I said "What do you mean, we just got new windows put in last year"
    He asked are you connected to the internet.
    "No the windows are connected to the house, they look find to me, we don't need any new windows. These ones have been great, not drafty. I'm not really interested in internet windows, I like my glass pane ones just fine."
    He hung up on me...I guess he really didn't want to talk about my windows.
    That is so funny.Good for you.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Same here - I used to work for a computer company so I could have some fun with them

Quote Originally Posted by Slaney View Post
    I can't wait to get this call!!! I'm gonna waste so much of thier time asking them stupid questions! If someone gets this call again give them my number! lol

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got fed up with them and now either just hang up or sit there as they trying to figure out why they cannot get on my computer as they give me instructions on what to do(my computer is turned off while I do this). It is fun to listen to their frustration as they cannot get what they want.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i just got the call.. he told me to press certain keys and to tell him what was showing on the screen.. i asked him what i was supposed to be seeing, he'd tell me and i'd say, yes that's what i see.. lol.. he kept repeating the same thing because i claimed that i didn't understand his accent, finally he said, i don't think you're doing anything that i'm telling you, and i yelled at him, because i'm not effin' stupid!! then i hung up on him, ten seconds later they tried calling back but i didn't pick up the phone.. losers
    Darth Penguin and CheriBomb like this.

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

My trusting parents ALMOST got taken by this scam. They got to the point where the hacker had access to move their mouse and see their desktop. Then the person said they had a virus (which he placed there) and they asked for money to fix it. It was at this time that my dad called me on his cell, very frustrated and asked what was going on. I told them it was a scam and to hang up. They were two seconds away from paying the idiot. They ended up having to have Windows 7 reinstalled on their damaged computer May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the low-lives who pull off these types of scams!
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scottie54 View Post
    Gee Thanks for all of this Information, fortunatley I have not been harrassed, I just get those damn people that want to Clean the AirDucts
    I had one of those calls. Told them I was in an apartment, so I don't have a need for airduct cleaning. The guy then started talking about how lovely my voice was and if I would sing a song for him. So creepy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information