User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Stupid Cashier & Manager at Wal Mart

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I can't believe the nerve of some people. It was her fault that your coupons were lost and she has the nerve to talk to you like that? If she's having a bad day she shouldn't be taking it out on you or any other customer. Although the manager may have been correct in what she had to do, her choice of words sure wasn't. I'm so very sorry that happened to you and I hope your coupons turn up and that someone actually gives them back to you.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    113 (100%)

I can't believe that happened to you. Promptly contact Head Office for WM as there is NO WAY that the cashier and/or manager should have been able to get away with essential losing your coupons and then saying "ah well." Wow! Just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastblondie View Post
    So I'm at Wal Mart today picking up a few things - scrubbing bubbles for one - and when I go through to the cashier I had the items conveyor thingy to go through and the coupons in my hand. The cashier says to me "Oh I'll take those" So I thought, okay, and I gave them to her. One was a free soy milk (from the kelloggs share your breakfast) and two were the five dollars off of scrubbing bubbles.

She takes them out of my hand and puts them down onto the conveyor thing. Then she picks up the scrubbing bubbles to ring them through and it starts moving. I spouted "Oh, oh oh!" and reached down to try and grab them before they got sucked underneath the conveyor and the cashier didn't do anything. She stood there and watched them go underneath.

She tells me there's a box underneath the conveyor thingy's that is supposed to catch anything if it goes underneath and then pulls it out. There's nothing in the box. She says "That's crazy, I wonder where they went" then proceeds to stand there looking like there's nothing in her head at all and says "what should I do?"

I told her what the coupons are worth and asked her if she could just ring them through (because at my wal mart they don't scan them, they just click to take that price off the bill and put the coupons in a draweR) and then tonight or at some point today they'd reappear from the belt.

She says "Oh I don't think I'm allowed to do that." so I asked her if she could ask a manager if there was a way that we could get them out. She calls the manager over.

The manager tells me that there is too much of a line and far too many people around for them to pull apart the cash registers belt during the busiest time of day for business.

I told the manager the value of the coupons and asked her if she could just ring them through because when they appear eventually (whether they can fully around the belt or somehow fell into that little box later) then they could just put them in the drawer then.

The manager told me that she couldn't do that because she doesn't know whether I'm lying or not. And furthermore she went on to tell me that she hasn't seen the coupons and asked the cashier if she'd seen the coupons and the cashier said she didn't know what was on them, so because no one had actually confirmed the value wal mart would be losing out if I were lying about their values and/or expiry's. She told me I was going to have to pay the full price.

I nicely added that it was nearly fifteen dollars worth of coupons and I would greatly appreciate having them because it was going to lessen my bill by a fair amount.

The manager says "Well aren't you out of luck then."

I told the cashier that I wouldn't be getting the scrubbing bubbles and soy milk without my coupons and the cashier says "Wow, I've never seen anyone be so cheap about their groceries. It's not that much."

I looked her in the face and replied with "I am currently right smack in the middle of taking my masters degree and my willingness to use coupons is allowing me to pay off my student loans with much less stress than I ever thought possible. It might just be not that much to you, but being buried in student debts means that it's a lot to me."

Two of the people in line behind me said "Good for you" when I told cashier that and I promptly left everything there, went over to the customer service desk to speak with a different manager. I explained to this other manager what had happened, filed complaints with the manager and cashier about how rude they were to me and I asked her if I could leave my name and phone number in case the coupons do eventually fall out of the belt.

The manager at the customer service desk apologized for the stupid cashier and manager and said she would call me if they came through. I told her I would come back tonight to see if the coupons are there.

Why do people have to be so rude? I didn't do anything wrong. The way the cashier and manager were to me, I really wanted to hit them!
    Momof3girlies and GoddessDigi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Wow, I'll be sure to never allow putting the coupons on the belt again. You really should write head office, if they are any kind of company they should send you a gift card for least $15.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I worked as a cashier at IGA for many years way back. We were told to NEVER NEVER allow customers to put any coupons or cash or change on the conveyer belt for just this reason.

The cashier and manager should have been a bit more polite. I would call head office if I were you.
    carlyincanada likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

So when I went back to Wal Mart to get some resolve, I spoke with the same manager at the customer service desk who took my name and number the day before and she said that they found the soy milk coupon but not the two scrubbing bubbles coupons. She apologized again for the comments of the cashier and the other manager and offered me one scrubbing bubbles container for free to apologize. I was thankful that at least one person understood you can't treat people that way!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

One way that could get through the brain fog of people such as the manager and cashier is to state something like:

"I just gave your cashier $15 that was properly presented to her in her hand. Next your cashier, unwisely, just set $15 in my money on the conveyer belt and then she advanced the belt and lost my money. Is your response still " Oh well !"? Those coupons are as good as cash from those manufacturers. It is not my fault that she lost them after I gave them to her."
    Last edited by greencanuck; Sun, Apr 15th, 2012 at 07:29 PM.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I totally agree greencanuck I look at coupons as cash tender if the sucked up a twenty I would be quite up set especially since you completed your side of the transaction by handing her the tender if a cashier dropped a twenty dollar bill and it fell under a rack I would not be leaving with out my money and I would not be arguing about how much it was worth. I have 10 extra 5$ coupons if you would like some more I would be happy to send you some
    GoddessDigi likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Thank you Canastar! But I think I'm going to cut my losses with the scrubbing bubbles. They gave me one for free for screwing me over, so that should be okay for now. I appreciate the offer though!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Those were some of the rudest retail staff ever. They essentially said "we lost it, so you can't get it now. We think you're a liar about the amount. By the way, you're cheap for using coupons here." One slap after the other.

No one should ever have to justify the form of tender they choose to a random stranger because that is none of their business. And that cashier, of all people should know the value of $15. She likely makes minimum wage there so that is more than an hour and a half of standing and scanning for often grumpy customers! I was once a cashier, and my feet would ache and ache for hours after I'd finish a shift. That taught teenage me the value of $10 because I would think of it as another hour of dealing with mean customers and supervisors, and foot pain afterward. I never waste $10 now.

No one would say "oh well" if the equivalent of an hour and a half of their time got sucked into a conveyor belt in a flash. I hate calling people "stupid," but to me, her attitude was pretty stupid considering what is likely her own situation. I'm really glad they ended up partially making it up to you.
    GoddessDigi likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I was reading this thread wanting to know the resolution I am so glad you posted that you got the one fpc back and a free scrubbing bubbles. I would still complain to Head Office as the cashier had no right to talk to you in that manner. So glad it all worked out in a way. Sorry you had to have this happen to you.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

that happened to my sister once, only it was her own fault for putting the coupon on the belt lol
    Anyway she was ranting and raving to the cashier about how shes out a few dollars now because its gone,
    I just so happened to have another of the said coupon so i gave it to her so shed calm down LOL

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I work at Old Navy, and the customer is always right! (even in the case the customer is wrong) You are never allowed to treat a customer like that manager and cashier treated you, EVER! they need to be fired, I'd just keep going in and complaining about them, until you don't see them anymore, and when you contact walmart about the hassle give their names and store #. Maybe the GSM won't do about the way you were treated-except appologise profusely to your face; but head office certainly will!
    Check out my BLOG!http://http://cosmet-a-holic.blogspot.com/
    Check out my Channel on YouTube!http://http://www.youtube.com/user/susiewantsasqueeze
    xxstay cheeky

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

First off, sorry you had to go through that, second, good for you for telling them off, and last, I would have made them take the whole thing apart to get my coupons out. Not my fault they can't do their job right. It will teach them the next time to be more carful.

Junior Canuck couponlovingcanuck's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Westcoastblondie im so sorry you were treated like this! Im glad you at least got a free Scrubbing Bubbles and your Soy coupon! But if I were you I would complain to the people higher up!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Wow, thats crazy!! so rude!! I would call HO to complain too...good that you got your items but wow!!

I lost coupons this way too before and now I hold onto them until the very end even if the cashier wants them before lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information