User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Food Basics ALWAYS running out of sale items

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anyone else's Food Basics run out of sale items almost immediately? Ours is HORRIBLE. I could go in there 3 times a week and not get the best deals.
    Today was the same. Out of bonel. chicken, Irr. broth, Arctic garden Veg. . . .and it's only Tuesday! Drives me around the bend. When stores do that. .. I can't help think it's just a scam.

Our local Foodland does the same thing. Never go there anymore.

What about You?
    This thread is currently associated with: Food Basics, Foodland
    elayjosh and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

Yeah our food basics is the same way, Honestly I don't think it is a scam per say but I do find it kind of fishy, Unless they have something there not on sale cheaper then any where else I will go there, For a sale never

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That's so frustrating. My local RCSS does that too...advertises some good deals and seems to bring in one or two cases for the entire week! Sometimes it's the fault of the distribution network (stores are shorted of stuff all the time), but when you can't get rainchecks, it's a massive inconvenience for the customer. I think some of the blame can be placed on customers that take more than their limits too. If it happens all the time, I would be inclined to take the flyer and pricematch it elsewhere if they are identical items (and for places that don't call to confirm stock).
    glowworm2k likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I find that happens alot of time - I am not sure if it is because they do not anticipate the proper amount to order or if they do it on purpose just to get people in the door
    Natalka likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I never have a problem at Food Basics, but have had problems at several No Frills with stuff being gone. On Saturday especially. We've given up on certain No Frills locations that consistently have this problem, and if we can't get to a "good" No Frills, we will just price match their flyer at Freshco (which never has those issues and is super dee duper). Would love to support the store that puts out the good flyers, but how can I when they have no stock?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

My Food Basics is hardly ever out of sale items, only store in my area that doesn't. Whenever they have a good sale they have skids of the stuff out. I find Shoppers to be the worst for always being sold out of sale items, mostly from their small shelve stock and crazy people on 20x days
    Earn Paypal $ or Amazon gift cards every week doing searches and surveys with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/xXtiggerXx
    Earn quick money with short/easy surveys from Legerweb: https://legerweb.com/FOF6P

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

We don't have food basics, is it Loblaws? It might be easier for you just to do a price match at WM or another store. I am learning that it's not worth my time to get frustrated at these big chains anymore. My life is to short to bother to get worked up over stores trying to pull you in with their unbelievable flyer prices, only to have you go there and everything is gone. If it's a real steal of a deal and I absolutely want it, I would try and go or have a dd be there the first day of the sale as close to opening as possible. I realize how frustrating that it can be, especially when most of you work all day, so are'nt able to be there at this time. Remeber the words, PRICE MATCH it will make your life a whole lot easier. I hope you have a much better day today
    maidennomore and glowworm2k like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I think it is the amount of people trying to get the same thing that does it. People also getting the limit and bringing it to the car and coming back in for more. Ours is usually out by this time of the week, it only really gets my blood boiling when you go in first thing Saturday and there is nothing left. Our Walmart is terrible for that, or even on Friday, the day the sale starts! Grrrr.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    Does anyone else's Food Basics run out of sale items almost immediately? Ours is HORRIBLE. I could go in there 3 times a week and not get the best deals.
    Today was the same. Out of bonel. chicken, Irr. broth, Arctic garden Veg. . . .and it's only Tuesday! Drives me around the bend. When stores do that. .. I can't help think it's just a scam.

Our local Foodland does the same thing. Never go there anymore.

What about You?
    I went on friday and got 3 bags of arctic garden veggies (as i love them) and the case was almost empty and it was only 530pm

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Our Food Basics is pretty good this way, but I have a massive problem with FreshCo for the same issue. They are often out of stock of sale and non-sale items and won't even give you an answer as to when there will be more in stock... ticks me off big time!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I try to shop as close to opening on Friday morning ( most retailers) ( or whatever is the first hours of the sale; Sat at SDM, Wed at Fresh Co and Giant Tiger)

The other choice is to price-match at another retailer.

Fresh Co and Food Basics are becoming a flyer to take to another retailer for a price-match instead of a destination store.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

The Food Basics I go to is ALWAYS running out of stuff. Gah. I went there on the first day of their sale (11am) and they were already out of stuff...and the rest of the stuff all had measly limits.

I left the store pissed off and didn't buy anything. Screw 'em. I'll just PM elsewhere.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes, for really good sale items they are always done Friday before I finish work. I went late Thursday when I knew they would be restocking for the 'new week' and got the Arctic Gardens that they had 'out of stock' all week.

When they last had chicken on a really good sale, they only got a limited number of boxes and they were gone really quickly
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Yes, for really good sale items they are always done Friday before I finish work. I went late Thursday when I knew they would be restocking for the 'new week' and got the Arctic Gardens that they had 'out of stock' all week.

When they last had chicken on a really good sale, they only got a limited number of boxes and they were gone really quickly

I also have to agree with this strategy.
    There has been several times that I went the last evening of a sale.
    There was plentiful stock and a peaceful and (close to ) empty store.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

My Food Basic's I go to rarley are sold out of anything but it is a bigger store there is always high traffic there but rarley anything is out of stock.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information