User Tag List

Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Snow Queen
  • 1 Post By ninna
  • 2 Post By VeeVee
  • 1 Post By Sunshyne1
  • 1 Post By MortgageQueen

Thread: Canada’s Wonderland’s new roller coaster, Leviathan, tallest, fastest in Canada

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/...in-canada?bn=1

Leviathan is now the tallest and fastest roller coaster in Canada. Behemoth, at the same Vaughan park north of Toronto, topped out at 70 metres and 123 km/h. Leviathan is the third tallest traditional lift-style coaster in the world, behind a 96.6-metre monster in Japan and a 94.2-metre tummy turner in Sandusky, Ohio.
    Leviathan’s 1,672 metres of blue painted steel, like ribbons in the sky, either entrance or horrify at first sight. There’s nothing subtle about it.
    Ok -- does anyone start sweating when watching that video!? It seems they just keep getting bigger and bigger each year! Everytime I drive by it I am shocked at how big the ride is!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    VeeVee, ninna, ssbean and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I didn't have the cahonies to attempt the one in Ohio...and I'm pretty sure I won't have the cahonies for this one.

I'm scared of heights but I LOVE roller coasters and I spend the agonizing clink-clink-clink as we ascend that first hill with my eyes squeezed shut. Once we're on the down side and moving, I'm ok. Leviathan is a fitting name. This one looks like an absolute monster.

Can you just imagine how long the line will be this summer for it? When we went to Cedar Point, their big one had just opened and people were waiting 8 hours (yes, that EIGHT HOURS!) to ride the friggen thing. That's another reason why I didn't try it. I'd rather ride the older ones 16 times in a day than ride the new one once.
    danger_dan likes this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Someone would have to pay me big $$$ to go on that lol Last year BF and I took our friends who came from out of town to Wonderland and they all enjoyed the rides while I watched them lol I decided to try the tea cups in the kids section and ... I'm not gonna lie I almost cried , it was scary!!! I did enjoy the water one where a group are on a raft but that's it I'm a big wimp!
    ssbean and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

absolutely no way will i ever strap myself into that thing.. i don't like rides of any sort, i let dh take the kids on the rides when we go.. my admission cost is usually wasted because i don't go on the big rides

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

LOVE IT!!!

im definately going on that one.
    Behemoth is a great ride, my only criteria is that I won't sit in the front seat.

80 degree drop....can't wait!
    ssbean likes this.

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We drove by on Sunday and it looked like they were testing all the rides (including that one) It totally freaked me out. It's practically a straight drop. Guess I'm getting old. . not for me. My DH just about drove off the highway he was so enthralled with it though. lol

The only good thing about being in the front Sunshyne1 is that you don't risk getting hit with any "regurgitated product" Wouldn't want to be behind someone that just ate a big wad of candyfloss. Lol!!
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Omg!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

That Sunday April 29th was actually Scotiabank day. It was awesome and less people = more rides. I went on Leviathan 3 times and each time was just as good. It goes so far up into the sky that you can feel the temperature dropping!!

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post
    We drove by on Sunday and it looked like they were testing all the rides (including that one) It totally freaked me out. It's practically a straight drop. Guess I'm getting old. . not for me. My DH just about drove off the highway he was so enthralled with it though. lol

The only good thing about being in the front Sunshyne1 is that you don't risk getting hit with any "regurgitated product" Wouldn't want to be behind someone that just ate a big wad of candyfloss. Lol!!

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

Oh my goodness, I actually felt sick watching the video, I think maybe I am getting old or it might just be that it has been way too long since I have been on any roller coaster

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I watched the video and it actually looks terrifying! lol

Central Ontario...but will ALWAYS be a Northerner
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I would do it if it had shoulder restraints but I don't think I could do it with only that lap...it looks like nothing is holding you in. But then again I love upside-down coasters but hate the wooden one...again it feels like you'll fall out.
    Earn FREE amazon.ca gift cards through swagbucks

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Love roller coasters! I would totally do it...I've never been to places with crazy rides though because I don't know anyone that would actually go on the rides with me LOL!

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

so im curious....has anyone on this site been on Leviathan yet???

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

*barf*

~just your average nerd~

Thread Information