User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By FallenPixels
  • 1 Post By bgheuchert

Thread: Adopt a newbie - someone?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So a few of you may have seen my posts - I lost my mom last year and she used to do all the grocery shopping and everything. So I started doing some research and found this site in my quest. Anyways, to make a long story short I need some help and guidance to make this work for me and my family. I know a lot of you have been doing this for a long time and I was hoping for tips and tricks on how to save money, veggie gardens in the city and anything else that I can do to cut down my expenses. I am a college student with kids and I live in a house of 8 people so money is tight. Please help!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i'm not asking for free coupons or anything just advice - if anyone has any to give anyway.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I am happy to help out if you send me some questions

The newest coupons are out this week so its a good time to start looking
    lizamarie likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

thank you - i just have basic questions - what do you guys do besides couponing to save money - any tips or tricks of the trade - just basic stuff. i dont know what exactly to ask about

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Welcome to SC!

Pm'd you
    RRLF: Cineplex Passes, Optimum Points (and my sanity...I think I lost it a while back )

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

There are other sections in this website where people are discussing much of what you want to know.

I joined the exact same time as you did and I recommend that you, explore a bit, doing a section at a time.

Try:
    Canadian Shopping Deals and Flyers
    Discuss and Request Deals and Coupons
    Canadian Shopping, Savings & Frugal Living Wiki
    Last edited by greencanuck; Mon, May 7th, 2012 at 06:45 PM.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/5895-wa...e-money-canada

That is a whole thread on people's ideas to save money, it is awesome, lots of great little tips. You must be willing to cut your expenses WAY back, in some people's mind it is extreme, but in mine it is just reality. YES, learn how to garden, if you have limited space it doesnt really matter, you can still plant a few things and get a LOT of produce in return, PM me if you need any specific ideas or have questions on gardening. Learn how to can, blanche, and freeze the produce. Learn how to cook from scratch, buy amazing clothing that NO ONE will be able to tell it is second hand and a FRACTION of the cost. If you really want to change your whole life will have to change too...welcome, it is so much fun here!
    Giving-Small likes this.
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Banned
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

gardening is a great idea! also if you can cut back on paper towel and use old fabric scraps or sponge cloths it saves quite a bit. Always use coupons for toilet paper and toiletries like toothpaste and toothbrushes. and read the forum everyday for more tips and fun freebies!

Thread Information