User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: A story of tanning gone wrong......in soooo many ways.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I actually saw this on tv last night and it took me a good ten minutes to pick my jaw up off the floor!!! More from the mothers face than the 5 year old tanning.....which is ridiculous too!

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/05/nj_tanning_mom_appears_in_new.html

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ew... saw this on the news this morning.
    However, much more than her being a walking poster for carcinoma/melanoma, etc. is that her child was visibly badly burned - even if the kid didn't go in the tanning booth with her, could you really trust the judgement of someone like her who is so obviously mentally ill?
    gameprogirl and glowworm2k like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Dear gawd! What the heck is on her lip??
    If you are thinking of joining Listia, use my referral http://www.listia.com/signup/736035

Why not give swagbucks a try?? You'll be glad you did! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/bonste

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Ew... saw this on the news this morning.
    However, much more than her being a walking poster for carcinoma/melanoma, etc. is that her child was visibly badly burned - even if the kid didn't go in the tanning booth with her, could you really trust the judgement of someone like her who is so obviously mentally ill?
    I completely agree. I was a little baffled when in the interview I saw she said it would be "Crazy" to put a 5 year old in a tanning booth.......but clearly, looking at her, her sense of judgement is very off. I don't know if I buy that her daughters burn was from the sun or not....and even if it was......I'm EXTREMELY fair skinned...and when I was 5 my mom never let me out in the sun without covering me in sunscreen....which was frequently reapplied...much to my annoyance at the time, lol. I didn't once have a burn until I was old enough to be going places with friends and whatnot and choosing not to wear sunscreen. After getting myself a few good burns SPF 60 is now my best friend, lol.
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Yuck. Just yuck. Really, who thinks that tanning is a good idea anymore now that we have learned the long-term dangers of exposure to the sun and tanning beds. I just get sad at how many people do stuff like this for vanity that could very well have terrible long-term implications.
    gameprogirl and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by glowworm2k View Post
    Yuck. Just yuck. Really, who thinks that tanning is a good idea anymore now that we have learned the long-term dangers of exposure to the sun and tanning beds. I just get sad at how many people do stuff like this for vanity that could very well have terrible long-term implications.
    Agreed! I'm super super fair.......like casper, lol.......and while I'd definitely prefer a more tanned look I'm not willing to risk skin cancer just to get it. I'll stick to sunscreen and self tanners.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

What the.. I saw the story and was reminded of a former co-worker who would take her daughter to the tanning salon with her. The little girl was 9 and while the mum would go into the bed and the girl would have to stand in the corner facing the wall so she wouldn't hurt her eyes. CRAZY!
    gameprogirl likes this.

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Hahahaha she looks like she's made of chocolate.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh my gosh! That is awful.

When I was younger I did use tanning beds (before summer started or before a tropical vacation). I stopped using them because of the risks I heard and saw with regards to skin cancer.

I tan very easily outside but even so I slather on the sun protection.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't want to make fun of the lady as there could be an underlying issue (she clearly thinks what she is doing is normal). I don't think she would have taken her child tanning with her. People just need to focus on the facts and not turn issues like these in to a lynch mob!
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Queen View Post
    I don't want to make fun of the lady as there could be an underlying issue (she clearly thinks what she is doing is normal). I don't think she would have taken her child tanning with her. People just need to focus on the facts and not turn issues like these in to a lynch mob!
    Well she admitted she took her daughter with her......but said she made her wait outside.....which maybe she did......BUT, you're right.....she clearly has issues and her judgement obviously isn't the best.....so I can completely understand why people would think she might be lying. And she's really not helping her own case. I saw her in another interview where she talked about how people commenting on her were just jealous and fat.....and a few other things :S

The facts are that she obviously has a problem......which does make me wonder about her ability to properly care for her children.

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

She is just another person looking for 15 minutes of fame. Kinda like octo-mom, pregnant man, etc etc.

I wonder if she has a agent yet??
    gameprogirl likes this.

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I'm sorry if I offend anyone but WTH!!! That is gross and scary. I don't even like my steak well done and she looks well done to the tenth degree.

This woman is supposedly married, isn't she? What does the child's daddy think of this? Her skin looked somewhat normal in the first pic (minus the lip), why on earth would you think that is normal and do that to yourself?

I agree with miss April, she looks like a 15 mins of fame junkie like octomom.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

white=pale=sickly I was told by a teacher in the junior high school I was sick because I was too pale.He tried to send me home.I said I was fine which I was so I refused to go home.I just thought he was crazy.It was the winter quite cold for a while and I lived near the school so I wasn't going to hang around outside to get some sun.Just maybe someone told this lady she looked sickly pale then she went suntanning to get some colour then became obsessed with it.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, May 6th, 2012 at 11:28 PM.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

i personally don't get the whole tanning thing. I burn easy and am somewhat pale myself (to be honest i try to avoid the sun because i start feeling sick and weak when I'm out in the sun.) i don't tan either i burn and than go back to being somewhat pale lol.

Dh is also somewhat pale and honestly i am attracted to pale people. (or as i jokingly call it the vampire look).

tans are basically just the result of people slowly cooking themselves alive and imo that is really gross but to each their own.

I hope i didn't offend anyone these are just my personal opinions.
    gameprogirl and Natalka like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information