• 1 Post By JadeDragon
  • 2 Post By Kate81
  • 1 Post By axieee
  • 1 Post By JDI007

Thread: Help!! Terrible experience at Save On Foods :(

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was just in SOF and I had coupons stacked up to get some VH sauce for free (yes, all of the coupons were stackable). The sauces were on sale for $2.99 and I had coupons that totaled exactly $3.00.

The first lady on the cash register didn't know what to do after having me hold up the line for 5 minutes, then she sent me to another lady, who looked over them for another 5 minutes holding the line, then she told me I couldn't use all of them. I asked why?? She said because the coupons exceeded the value of the product, so if it was $2.99, and they get reimbursed from the manufacturer for $3.00 that means they are making an extra penny, and that means they are committing fraud. WHAT THE HECK?!?!

Every single Walmart, London Drugs, etc I've been to ALLOWS THAT. They just don't give the overage (Except Walmart of course) which is understandable. But she said she can't take the coupon??? AND she said that the OTHER stores I've been too, HAVE been committing fraud to the coupon manufacturers.

I'm embarrassed and flustered now. Someone please tell me I'm not the one who screwed up. ???
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Save on Foods, Walmart
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So basically, she wouldn't simply drop the price of the coupon to match the sale item.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

SOF never adjusts their coupons. It sucks because we end up paying .99 (or what ever)
    for things we could have otherwise got for free but we just suck it up because at least they are letting us stack in the first place. Still lame though. To say the other stores are committing fraud though is a bit over the top on that cashiers part I'd say.
    Durham Couponer and dededi like this.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BuggaBugga View Post
    SOF never adjusts their coupons. It sucks because we end up paying .99 (or what ever)
    for things we could have otherwise got for free but we just suck it up because at least they are letting us stack in the first place. Still lame though. To say the other stores are committing fraud though is a bit over the top on that cashiers part I'd say.

Gahhh.. I totally thought everyone adjusted the price. This is the first time I've ever run into the problem.
    I think she was a manager there - And she even went as far as to say "Really? Well I should probably check out London Drugs and see if they are doing fraud" after I said they did it all the time.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/200761-...policy-canada/
    This is the save on foods coupon policy. Under the rules it states that the coupons or coupon value can not exceed the price of the product. They do not adjust coupons down... every once in the while you see someone that has received a item for free because a coupon was marked down but it isn't often a store will allow it. In this case the cashier was following the policy... she was a little over the top about it... lol she just needed to explain it better. Good luck and i hope you find some .50 cent coupons
    Durham Couponer and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Odd that they do not adjust MFR coupons considering their system REQUIRES them to manually type in a dollar amount.
    JDI007 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

The policy of no overage - even a penny - is a stupid way to tick off customers. Why annoy a customer over a loosie discontinued penny??? I had the same problem on the same product. Feel like calling HQ to complain about the policy.
    dededi likes this.
    Check out my InnovativePassiveIncome.com blog and learn about making money online. or see this collection of 4 best coupon organizing system videos.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I totally get the frustration, but PLEASE do not go making waves and complaining about something small like that. It seems that collectively couponers are forgetting that stacking is a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT and are complaining and nit picking about parts of the store policies that they don't like while still expecting to be able to take advantage of the parts they do... Even if you are paying $0.99 for an item that you are stacking on, you are still getting a way better deal than if you weren't able to stack. Too much negativity, abuse and time spent dealing with complaints will nudge SOF and LD to be even more restrictive in regards to their coupon policies.
    matrix82 and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't understand why some SOF locations don't hire more cashiers and simply lets customers wait in ridiculously long lines to check out their food. The other day, because I thought I had nothing to weigh, I decided to go for self check-out. Worst mistake of my grocery shopping life. Not only did I have to wait 10 minutes for a SOF employee to help me with my machine (because the stupid piece of kept saying 'please wait for employee assistance'), but there was a long line of people behind me waiting to check their groceries out as well. They seriously need better service and hire more staff, or they'll be losing one more customer in the process.
    dededi likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People coupon for a reason, to save money, not to be paying for something that should be free! even if it's just a couple cents, why screw us over!
    I had a coupon just like that it was a long time ago can't remember for what, the item was on sale and my coupon was about a dollar over what the item cost but the girl at the cash register just typed in the amount and that was it..no problems. I think it def. depends on the store, sorry you had a bad experience that really sucks! they should know better. I'd be frustrated too.
    Last edited by JDI007; Sat, Apr 25th, 2015 at 11:42 PM.
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Would never recommend this hotel. I booked this place because we were just staying in the city for a night and my two kids wanted to stay in a place with a pool. Once we checked in, we were told that the pool is under maintenance, rather the whole hotel seems to be under maintenance. Normally every hotel has some complimentary coffee and tea bags. There was a coffee maker, some sugar and coffee but no tea bags. When I inquired at the front desk they gave me a very vague answer. Front desk told me I could go and ask for the tea bags from the restaurant. There was an older lady at the restaurant who was very rude. People like her definitely don't belong to any service industry. She told me that the restaurant wasn't part of the hotel (which I wasn't aware of) and there was no free tea bags. No one has ever made me feel this way. I came back to the front desk to ask them as to why didn't they tell me that the restaurant charges for the tea bag as I didn't carry any cash (when I inquired.) They didn't seem to care. I have traveled quite a bit but this was my worst experience.
    TERRIBLE!!!

Thread Information